When using it? It depends who you ask. Some people see a difference and some don't, I think most of it is the screen itself not the resolution.

But when someone's going to buy a phone? I already gave an example of how bigger numbers and higher specs sell whether the specs are actually required or not. Is a quad core CPU necessary? Not really, since Z10 works fine without. Is it completely useless? I think not. What about when selling the phone? Absolutely not. It's a bigger number, hence the salesperson won't be able to say "blah blah phone has a quad core and A10 only has dual core."

People like big numbers.
    And I have pointed out that your big numbers don't actually occur in the real work. If you take a bunch of geeks, they will love numbers, take mom and pop average and they don't have a clue. That is the majority. I already asked you to poll average people and ask them what specs they have. If they are so important to them, they should be able to know what specs their phones have. The average user will not know. And right now, apps are the biggest thing that I have heard from posters and sales people. YOU might like specs, the average user does not because if they did, iPhones wouldn't sell. And don't give me you can't count Apple BS, it is a smartphone and people buy it for a reason and it isn't because of specs.
    07-19-13 01:51 PM
    And I have pointed out that your big numbers don't actually occur in the real work. If you take a bunch of geeks, they will love numbers, take mom and pop average and they don't have a clue. That is the majority. I already asked you to poll average people and ask them what specs they have. If they are so important to them, they should be able to know what specs their phones have. The average user will not know. And right now, apps are the biggest thing that I have heard from posters and sales people. YOU might like specs, the average user does not because if they did, iPhones wouldn't sell. And don't give me you can't count Apple BS, it is a smartphone and people buy it for a reason and it isn't because of specs.
    So everyone in the store buying a phone only cares about apps? BlackBerry is doomed.

It doesn't make a difference whether people know what they have. If they bought the phone just because a salesperson said it's faster are they going to remember what exactly is faster about it? No, they're going to be happy because they got a phone that's faster.
    szlevi likes this.
    07-19-13 01:59 PM
    WOW. Talk about someone who is unable to comprehend.

3) 1080p is just one part of the specs.
    The rest of them are underwhelming as well.
    And you argued against quadcores, an even better GPU and more RAM before.
    So you may repeat the "I just don't want 1080p" as much as you want, but you clearly argued against other enhancements as well.
    Please point that I have argued against quad cores, GPU or more RAM. I didn't or you didn't read it properly. I even said that 3GB of RAM might be nice and a better camera. You are only seeing what you want to see.

Easiest example:
    You tried to explain us, that 1GB would be enough for BB10 without a problem.
    If you were able to understand the context of that statement, you will see that I wrote that in response to people saying that BB10 CANNOT run with less than 2GB or RAM. I just proved that they are wrong. No where will you find that I state that BB should reduce the A10 to 1GB of RAM. You are just making things up.

So you can keep misreading and misrepresenting my original statement that BB should leave the resolution at HD as it will make it easier for developers to move their apps to the A10 and the fact that people will not see any difference in clarity of the screen as the ppi is already higher than someone with 20/20 can detect.

And I will not respond to you anymore. I have had too many PMs telling me that I should stop responding to you as they know you are wrong and you are a lost cause. I will listen to them as you have not been honest in your posting. Goodbye.
    07-19-13 02:03 PM
    /thread
    07-19-13 02:07 PM
    So everyone in the store buying a phone only cares about apps? BlackBerry is doomed.

It doesn't make a difference whether people know what they have. If they bought the phone just because a salesperson said it's faster are they going to remember what exactly is faster about it? No, they're going to be happy because they got a phone that's faster.
    So it's not the specs, it's the BS from the salesperson. Thanks for clearing that up. Cause the Android phones we have at the office are slower than the BB10 ones we have.
    07-19-13 02:09 PM
    And I will not respond to you anymore. I have had too many PMs telling me that I should stop responding to you as they know you are wrong and you are a lost cause. I will listen to them as you have not been honest in your posting. Goodbye.

That's kind of sad actually, that people write you PMs instead of telling me why I am wrong, so that everybody can read it.

Talking about a pathetic demeanor

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 02:17 PM
    I'll wait tell the next one or the next z10

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 02:48 PM
    That's kind of sad actually, that people write you PMs instead of telling me why I am wrong, so that everybody can read it.

Talking about a pathetic demeanor

Posted via CB10
    Lol dude, you've been arguing with him for weeks now. Let it go, he's in his own world.
    07-19-13 04:37 PM
    You do understand that this, as of now, is a local oddity in the US?

And the US is not the biggest smartphone market anymore.
    China becomes the world’s largest smartphone market | VentureBeat

With India on the 3rd place.

The used market, as I described it, still works that way, and will continue to do so, even though the USA are beginning to have more creative contracts in the smartphone realm.

The question, how long people use their smartphones, how long the specs have to suffice and how long the device will be supported before it is EOL, are as important as before. No matter what the US carriers will do.

Posted via CB10
    You do understand that it is and has been very common for many people upgrade phones yearly, prior to these contracts, right? Also, you make it sound like the US doesn't matter any more because it just recently became the 2nd largest. Not the strongest point.

You make strong points, and I agree with you mostly but there's something about your posts that don't look right to me. So I will say this. I'm not sure if it was your point or someone else's. But whether or not the Z10 and Q10 will be upgraded to BB11, BB12, etc is to be determined. Realize that we're judging adolescent software here. Although Blackberry hasn't been the greatest about updating their phones in the past, this is a new OS and a new Blackberry. It is too early for anyone to conclude that Apple upgrades their devices better than Blackberry does. For all we know, our devices are could already future proof enough. A few OS updates have to roll out first.

Every single one of you is overlooking one VERY important fact! The older versions of iPhones get limited iOS updates.

And to make things even more interesting...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

Many people don't upgrade because of performance issues. My girlfriend along with several other of my friends downgraded back to lower iOS versions. You should THANK TH for his decision to save you the trouble and move on. I've done research on iOS, QNX, and Android, and I believe that once it's optimized, BB10 will have better upgrade support on its devices than Apple. If you guys want the info, I'll try to dig it up for you. Of course, you could always look for yourselves.

Last edited by LWKING; 07-19-13 at 05:48 PM.
    DatMisterB likes this.
    07-19-13 05:32 PM
    Lol dude, you've been arguing with him for weeks now. Let it go, he's in his own world.
    That's what makes this funny and annoying at the same time. Many people don't budge when they're stuck in their opinions. It's just better to agree to disagree. However, for some strange reason I feel like I can pull it off (like everybody else posting here ). The only lost cause I've seen so far is letmein13. At the end of the day (or several in this case) , continued arguing will always become pointless.
    07-19-13 05:36 PM
    You make strong points, and I agree with you mostly but there's something about your posts that don't look right to me. So I will say this. I'm not sure if it was your point or someone else's. But whether or not the Z10 and Q10 will be upgraded to BB11, BB12, etc is to be determined. Realize that we're judging adolescent software here. Although Blackberry hasn't been the greatest about updating their phones in the past, this is a new OS and a new Blackberry. It is too early for anyone to conclude that Apple upgrades their devices better than Blackberry does. For all we know, our devices are could already future proof enough. A few OS updates have to roll out first.
    I think given that BB10 for PB was cancelled most people don't have any more faith in the "new" BlackBerry than the old one.
    07-19-13 06:33 PM
    Deal!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 06:35 PM
    I think given that BB10 for PB was cancelled most people don't have any more faith in the "new" BlackBerry than the old one.
    If I bought a Playbook I'd probably feel the same way
    07-20-13 03:09 AM
    Really? I didn't find the specs at all impressive, and the phone is too big at 5".
    I'll definitely be keeping my Z10.
    Given that this device is only coming out about 9 months after the z10, it would not surprise me if they do not expect to see a large amount of upgrades from the z10 to the a10 with those existing bb10 owners more likely to upgrade to the subsequent model instead.
    07-20-13 01:19 PM
    I want to have mireo don't panic with a map of North America and Europe but I don't because it would take up 6 gb... if it had 32 gb no problem. what is the point of releasing a z10 with a bigger screen? Better specs please
    Can the app not store data like that on the sd card then?
    07-20-13 01:21 PM
    Can the app not store data like that on the sd card then?
    There is one app that recently stores it's maps on the sd card. Mireo gps app.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-20-13 01:22 PM
    How many people actually keep their phones for a few years?
    You jus invalidated any point you ever made. If you know that little of how people use phones I suggest this isn't the conversation for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 02:24 PM
    Man, just ignore him. He's thriving for audience with his inane stuff, don't be one.
    07-20-13 02:43 PM
    You jus invalidated any point you ever made. If you know that little of how people use phones I suggest this isn't the conversation for you.
    So how long does the average person keep their smart phone? If you disagree with me, at least provide something to back up your statement. Because you have just said that you know how people use phones. SO please tell us.

How long does the average American keep their phone until they upgrade?
    07-20-13 03:09 PM
    Man, just ignore him. He's thriving for audience with his inane stuff, don't be one.
    If it is inane? Then maybe you can answer how long the average American keeps their phone? Got an answer?
    07-20-13 03:12 PM
    How long does the average American keep their phone until they upgrade?
    Why are we looking at 'the average american' when your original comment made no reference to nationality or global location.

It's these random changes in your comments which could be observed as inane.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:30 PM
    Hey everybody,

SHUT UP!
    07-20-13 08:28 PM
    Personally, although excited for the A10, it is merely for the fact that BB is putting some effort into releasing phones that add competition to other phones on the market. The size of the Z10 is more fitting for me.
    07-20-13 08:39 PM
    Quad core is no go. There is no os or app using quadcore

Posted via CB10
    Maybe Blackberry is showing some foresight into the hardware
    Never will a phone need LESS hardware.

From Zed to U via CB10
    07-20-13 09:29 PM
    Why are we looking at 'the average american' when your original comment made no reference to nationality or global location.

It's these random changes in your comments which could be observed as inane.

Posted via CB10
    OK Then. Why don't you tell us how long the average person keeps a phone before trading in? You seem to indicate you know the answer. Tell us.
    07-20-13 09:54 PM
210 ... 56789