Q10 has 2 gigs of ram does it not?

Posted via CB10
    There are some Q10s with 1GB that were not generally available to the public.
    07-19-13 10:10 AM
    There are some Q10s with 1GB that were not generally available to the public.
    Then tell me, where is BB10 on my PlayBook, if it works so well?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:16 AM
    Quad core is no go. There is no os or app using quadcore

Posted via CB10
    its thinking like that that left us with a tablet without BB10, because `no tablet is using 2Gb` was probably said when they made the PlayBook.

While you cant ever future proof tech, you can use high specs so that in the next few years you don't drop your existing customers off your OS roadmap. Quad core is hardly asking for a major change, its just asking that if something comes that utilises quad core in the next few years then we don't have to buy new phones.
    07-19-13 10:17 AM
    its thinking like that that left us with a tablet without BB10, because `no tablet is using 2Gb` was probably said when they made the PlayBook.

While you cant ever future proof tech, you can use high specs so that in the next few years you don't drop your existing customers off your OS roadmap. Quad core is hardly asking for a major change, its just asking that if something comes that utilises quad core in the next few years then we don't have to buy new phones.
    How many people actually keep their phones for a few years?
    07-19-13 10:20 AM
    How many people actually keep their phones for a few years?
    You do understand that a lot of people have 2-3 year contracts, and they actively use their phones in that period?

And you also know that there is a big market, for used phones out there?
    A lot of people sell their devices after they have no use for it.
    If the phone loses too much value, because the hardware was already dated by the time the phone was introduced, getting a good price for your device, will be an illusion.
    The same goes EOL devices, that won't get any updates anymore.
    PlayBook anyone?

The used iPhone market would be an extremely good example.
    Even the iPhone 4 will get the update to iOS 7.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Z_yNn7VO

This means a far higher resale value, than for any Android powered phone, from the same time frame.

A lot of people also buy used flagship devices, because they offer more than an equivalently priced new device.

But yeah, that must be way over your head as well.
    You are giving us even more and more evidence, that you have an incredibly big anti-consumer attitude.

It is astounding...

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:37 AM
    But yeah, that must be way over your head as well.
    You are giving us even more and more evidence, that you have an incredibly big anti-consumer attitude.

It is astounding...

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It is astounding that you are resorting to personal attacks. Must be because you can't discuss without them. I must be hitting a sore spot.
    07-19-13 10:48 AM
    Yes. It is astounding that you are resorting to personal attacks. Must be because you can't discuss without them. I must be hitting a sore spot.
    You don't get it, do you?
    The truth is not a personal attack.

Your reading comprehension is bad. And I am not the only one who has understood that and left a comment about it.
    Either you can't understand or you don't want to.
    The results are exactly the same.

Pair that with your incredibly big anti-consumer attitude...

And I still don't see any personal attack.
    You are giving me that material.
    If you don't understand what people try to explain you... Well, you just don't understand. I can't change that.

But nice strawman, yet again.
    You asked if people use devices for an elevated amount of time.

I answered you.
    And apparently you didn't understand the answer.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:56 AM
    And apparently you didn't understand the answer.
    If you don't know, this is a personal attack.

The interesting part is you still think I am talking about all specs, when I keep saying it is only 1080p that I have been talking about. So you are barking up the wrong tree. How I say that I want all the specs that you want, except for 1080p as it is of no value to the consumer? Will that help you focus on my point of view?
    07-19-13 11:20 AM
    Then call a mod.

You ask a question. You get the answer.
    You either don't understand it, or are unable to accept the fact that you are wrong.

As was said before, the result is the same.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 11:23 AM
    I just don't get this whole A10 spec's issue. The proof will be in the pudding. Does it really matter ? Either you want a 5 inch device running BB10.2 or you want a five inch device running Android. If a purchaser is indifferent to BB10 then I can think of no compelling reason to buy the device even if it had stellar specs.
    07-19-13 11:24 AM
    I just don't get this whole A10 spec's issue. The proof will be in the pudding. Does it really matter ? Either you want a 5 inch device running BB10.2 or you want a five inch device running Android. If a purchaser is indifferent to BB10 then I can think of no compelling reason to buy the device even if it had stellar specs.
    That's why I am saying that the specs can be bad.
    But the phone has to be cheap, at least.

If the phone has the same price as the future Samsung Note 3 or the S4 Google Edition, then what is the point of releasing the phone with subpar specs?

The interesting part is you still think I am talking about all specs, when I keep saying it is only 1080p that I have been talking about. So you are barking up the wrong tree. How I say that I want all the specs that you want, except for 1080p as it is of no value to the consumer? Will that help you focus on my point of view?
    If everything is in the A10 apart from the better screen, the phone still has to be cheaper than its competitors, but not as significantly as it would be the case, if the rumoured (and probably confirmed) specs are used.

Your point doesn't really make sense, as you are arguing against quad-cores and more RAM as well.
    So, I don't understand why you give me that hypothetical scenario, as you do not abide to your own premise.

Your point of view, as of now, is just an anti-consumer point of view.

If BB10 runs great on your Q10 with 1 GB of RAM, why is my PlayBook stuck on OS 2.1?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 11:26 AM
    i think we should just wait for the official announcement

Follow me on Twitter @yibeilein
    I think I agree with you
    mastermike87 likes this.
    07-19-13 11:27 AM
    Then call a mod.

Posted via CB10
    That's OK. I know when people get personal, they have lost the argument. And I live by the sticks and stones. Reading what you have wrote about the subject, any personal attacks have as much validity. They are hollow and without meaning so it doesn't bother me in the least bit. Keep slinging them though, you amuse me.
    07-19-13 11:29 AM
    You understand that Tmobile and ATT are rolling out 1 year upgrade cycles right? Those days are ending bro
    You do understand that this, as of now, is a local oddity in the US?

And the US is not the biggest smartphone market anymore.
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/18/ch...tphone-market/

With India on the 3rd place.

The used market, as I described it, still works that way, and will continue to do so, even though the USA are beginning to have more creative contracts in the smartphone realm.

The question, how long people use their smartphones, how long the specs have to suffice and how long the device will be supported before it is EOL, are as important as before. No matter what the US carriers will do.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 11:40 AM

So you're saying that the Z10's resolution is of no value to the customer.
    07-19-13 11:52 AM
    That's OK. I know when people get personal, they have lost the argument. And I live by the sticks and stones. Reading what you have wrote about the subject, any personal attacks have as much validity. They are hollow and without meaning so it doesn't bother me in the least bit. Keep slinging them though, you amuse me.
    Since this is kind of off topic, I'll just respond once:

You do get the irony of your statement?
    And that most people are definitely not agreeing with you?
    As well as, that there was no personal attack?

It's a fact that you either don't understand or don't want to understand what the majority in here is trying to tell you.
    This has nothing to do with getting personal.

But the best part is, that you think that you won the argument...
    What exactly did you win?

The argument where you say that it is OK to overprice devices for BlackBerry, even though they offer less than the competition for 97% of smartphone buyers?

Dream on...

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 11:53 AM
    Both of you need to chill!
    07-19-13 12:06 PM
    I think by increasing screen size there will be some who would like to move to Blackberry ... IMHO I would like a bigger screen but i love my keyboard too much. I think Blackberry needs to appeal to other users to stay on top. If some concept phones do "come to life" im sure more will switch. Investing in some more decent apps wouldnt hurt either.
    07-19-13 12:18 PM
    So you're saying that the Z10's resolution is of no value to the customer.
    No. There is no value for the consumer. BB chose WXGA as it's spec which was common at that time. There was then a decision to switch to HD as it would match HD video output. BB told developers to pad out the additional 48 pixels and display nothing. With that, it became a 4.1" HD display. So using what BB recommended, there was no benefit. The ppi values for both the Z10 and if A10 has a HD screen are both higher resolution than someone with 20/20 can see. So it is of no benefit to the consumer.

Where do you see the value to the consumer?
    07-19-13 12:22 PM
    Since this is kind of off topic, I'll just respond once:
    You do get the irony of your statement?
    And that most people are definitely not agreeing with you?
    Please show me that most people do not agree with me that 1080p isn't needed.
    07-19-13 12:24 PM
    No. There is no value for the consumer. BB chose WXGA as it's spec which was common at that time. There was then a decision to switch to HD as it would match HD video output. BB told developers to pad out the additional 48 pixels and display nothing. With that, it became a 4.1" HD display. So using what BB recommended, there was no benefit. The ppi values for both the Z10 and if A10 has a HD screen are both higher resolution than someone with 20/20 can see. So it is of no benefit to the consumer.

Where do you see the value to the consumer?
    That's all I needed to know
    07-19-13 12:28 PM
    That's all I needed to know
    So why not answer my question? Is there a value to the Z10's resolution?
    07-19-13 12:37 PM
    Please show me that most people do not agree with me that 1080p isn't needed.
    Reading comprehension, yet again.

I am talking about the whole package. To have more than adequate specs as whole.
    Something that one would expect, when he buys a flagship for around 600$.

If I would want adequate specs, then the mid-tier should be enough for me.

The majority in here, and on the CB frontpage poll, do not think that the spec package is good.
    http://crackberry.com/would-you-buy-...-rumored-specs

And 1080p is a part of that package. If 1080p is useful, who cares?

1) A 720p panel is cheaper. So that should make the new A10 cheaper to build, therefore the phone as whole should be cheaper.

2) Displays from the Android competition with 1080p, also have a better picture quality. If this is due to 1080p or other factors, as was said before, who cares?
    http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S4_ShootOut_1.htm

3) 1080p is just one part of the specs.
    The rest of them are underwhelming as well.
    And you argued against quadcores, an even better GPU and more RAM before.
    So you may repeat the "I just don't want 1080p" as much as you want, but you clearly argued against other enhancements as well.

Easiest example:
    You tried to explain us, that 1GB would be enough for BB10 without a problem.

2 questions arise:
    Why was BlackBerry so dumb, to dump too much money for 2GB of RAM in every BB10 device?
    Where is BB10 for the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 12:40 PM
    So why not answer my question? Is there a value to the Z10's resolution?
    When using it? It depends who you ask. Some people see a difference and some don't, I think most of it is the screen itself not the resolution.

But when someone's going to buy a phone? I already gave an example of how bigger numbers and higher specs sell whether the specs are actually required or not. Is a quad core CPU necessary? Not really, since Z10 works fine without. Is it completely useless? I think not. What about when selling the phone? Absolutely not. It's a bigger number, hence the salesperson won't be able to say "blah blah phone has a quad core and A10 only has dual core."

People like big numbers.
    07-19-13 12:57 PM
    Reading comprehension, yet again.

I am talking about the whole package. To have more than adequate specs as whole.
    Something that one would expect, when he buys a flagship for around 600$.
    And you missed again that I have only talked about 1080p. How many times do I have to mention this. You lose that point each and every time I say it. You are a lost cause.
    07-19-13 01:48 PM
210 ... 45678 ...