While we're at it, how about BBSheep? People who justify every single thing BB does no matter what.

Me likey.
    You mean Blacksheep? At least we don't get led around my marketing telling use that we need 6 tires for our cars. My car works great with four tires. When they get worn out, I get new ones. When BB10 actually needs four cores, I will get that one. If they aren't being used because it functions great, why would I need them just for the sake of bragging. Does it make you feel good?
    07-18-13 07:47 PM
    They are still testing different variants of the phone so really we don't know if anything is final!!! Please stop complaining!!!!!
    07-18-13 07:56 PM
    How many years to you keep your phone? Since you don't like last year specs on a phone, must be six months? So what is your point if you update every six months? If it is a year, do you think that BB11 will be out in a year? Do you really keep your phone for more than two years? I cry for you that you have to keep a phone that is two years behind in specs. So please tell me oracle, when will BB11 come out and require 3GB or RAM. I would like to know so I can start saving my money so I can buy a new phone at that time.
    Oh the irony.
    07-18-13 08:10 PM
    They are still testing different variants of the phone so really we don't know if anything is final!!! Please stop complaining!!!!!
    Aren't the variants pretty much final for their respective regions?
    07-18-13 08:11 PM
    You mean Blacksheep? At least we don't get led around my marketing telling use that we need 6 tires for our cars. My car works great with four tires. When they get worn out, I get new ones. When BB10 actually needs four cores, I will get that one. If they aren't being used because it functions great, why would I need them just for the sake of bragging. Does it make you feel good?
    No, you're getting led around by a company that says you don't need a CD player and a cassette player is good enough.
    07-18-13 08:11 PM
    If an OS needs quad cores just to function smoothly, it not a good OS is it.
    No it isn't.
    07-18-13 08:15 PM
    No no, you got the analogy totally wrong.

It's like a company that sells us a sports car and tells us 200hp is good enough when the competition has 400hp.
    07-18-13 09:44 PM
    No no, you got the analogy totally wrong.

It's like a company that sells us a sports car and tells us 200hp is good enough when the competition has 400hp.
    Problem is the competition's car weights 6000 lbs, and the company's car weights only 2000 lbs. I will wait for them at the finish line.
    07-18-13 10:38 PM
    Oh the irony.
    I guess all that went over your head. You are arguing against yourself with your points.
    07-18-13 10:39 PM
    I guess all that went over your head. You are arguing against yourself with your points.
    Well if you're going to argue for the sake of arguing, at least don't make stuff up. I never said I always have to have the latest specs.

See buddy, here's the difference between you and me: I do what I do but I realize that others are different; you just decide that since you don't want or need 1080p or quad core nobody wants or needs it.

It's really a Crackberry mindset though, and I think a lot of people are just trying to justify BB's (mostly) inferior products. Which is cool, but you gotta realize other people are different. And just the fact that a lot of huge BlackBerry fans aren't liking the hardware means a lot. What do you think the rest of the world thinks? Reviewers, salespeople, they all take specs into account.

Here's an example: a woman I know was shopping for a video camera and the salesperson was pushing HD video cameras, without asking if she had an HD TV or HD DVD burner or anything. She was so close to getting one, until she asked "is it necessary?" "Well no..."

What if she hadn't asked that and went home with a more expensive video camera only to find she could have gotten a cheaper one that still had DVD quality? And it would have been because the salesperson is selling based on specs.

I think a lot of it is because it's an easy thing to quantify. If one has a bigger number people know (or think they know) which is better. Salespeople can sell that one by saying the number is better. Number of apps? You can sell a phone with a bigger number. But experience? Subjective.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    mithrazor likes this.
    07-19-13 12:45 AM
    See buddy, here's the difference between you and me: I do what I do but I realize that others are different; you just decide that since you don't want or need 1080p or quad core nobody wants or needs it.
    It's not that I don't want or need 1080p, it's the FACT that someone with 20/20 vision can't see the difference. 1080p is only a pissing contest spec. And you and other overrate that it is spec that sell for the majority of people, otherwise you wouldn't bring up that point of inferior hardware. I keep asking all the people I know around work and in other settings about their smartphones. It is a small minority that actually look at specs.
    07-19-13 05:14 AM
    It's not that I don't want or need 1080p, it's the FACT that someone with 20/20 vision can't see the difference. 1080p is only a pissing contest spec. And you and other overrate that it is spec that sell for the majority of people, otherwise you wouldn't bring up that point of inferior hardware. I keep asking all the people I know around work and in other settings about their smartphones. It is a small minority that actually look at specs.
    It's a reason z10 only costs $1 at BestBuy. I hope people with a 20/20 vision don't miss this great deal. Please let me know what your coworkers' response is when you tell them about a new deal for z10 at bestbuy.

Aren't you tired of defending BB's awkward way of doing things when you could tell everybody how awesome BB OS is with a 4-core CPU?
    07-19-13 06:08 AM
    It's a reason z10 only costs $1 at BestBuy. I hope people with a 20/20 vision don't miss this great deal. Please let me know what your coworkers' response is when you tell them about a new deal for z10 at bestbuy.

Aren't you tired of defending BB's awkward way of doing things when you could tell everybody how awesome BB OS is with a 4-core CPU?
    Really? Are you going to tell everyone here that the reason the price of the Z10 costs $1 at BestBuy is because it doesn't have 1080p? Cause that is what you are saying.
    07-19-13 06:21 AM
    I want to have mireo don't panic with a map of North America and Europe but I don't because it would take up 6 gb... if it had 32 gb no problem. what is the point of releasing a z10 with a bigger screen? Better specs please

Posted via CB10
    Get a memory card. You can save maps on the memory card... much better than using up internal memory

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 06:25 AM
    Really? Are you going to tell everyone here that the reason the price of the Z10 costs $1 at BestBuy is because it doesn't have 1080p? Cause that is what you are saying.
    Do you ask yourself why a year old phones from BB competitors or old BB phones cost more than brand new z10s at BestBuy? Their hardware specs are not that great.
    07-19-13 06:43 AM
    As far as I know both android jellybean and IOS 5-6 can run with 1 gb of ram. BlackBerry is the only os that cannot hence the playbook bb10 issue.

Do you think bb10 could run with a single core? I doubt it!! All we want is for a manufacturer to smarten up and future proof our investment.

Apps right now don't need it, but I know some serious business programs I'd Like to get onto mobile and they won't until hardware gets better.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 08:02 AM
    As far as I know both android jellybean and IOS 5-6 can run with 1 gb of ram. BlackBerry is the only os that cannot hence the playbook bb10 issue.

Do you think bb10 could run with a single core? I doubt it!! All we want is for a manufacturer to smarten up and future proof our investment.

Apps right now don't need it, but I know some serious business programs I'd Like to get onto mobile and they won't until hardware gets better.

Posted via CB10
    Funny how I have the latest version of BB10 running on a Q10 with 1GB of RAM and I had BB10 running on my Dev Alpha A. So don't spread the BS that it "cannot" run on 1GB of RAM.
    Attached Thumbnails Excited for the BlackBerry Z30!!!-img_00000052.png  
    nquyen likes this.
    07-19-13 08:10 AM
    Do you ask yourself why a year old phones from BB competitors or old BB phones cost more than brand new z10s at BestBuy? Their hardware specs are not that great.
    I am waiting for you to say that the reason is not having 1080p.
    07-19-13 08:11 AM
    I am waiting for you to say that the reason is not having 1080p.
    I leave it to you because you don't want a 1080p screen in A10 but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenoser63 View Post

I hope you don't eat your words if BB release quad-core CPU phones in the future.
    07-19-13 08:22 AM
    Funny how I have the latest version of BB10 running on a Q10 with 1GB of RAM and I had BB10 running on my Dev Alpha A. So don't spread the BS that it "cannot" run on 1GB of RAM.
    Why we don't see BB10 in the current PBs?
    07-19-13 08:23 AM
    I leave it to you because you don't want a 1080p screen in A10 but I do. I hope you don't eat your words if BB release quad-core CPU phones in the future.
    So you won't even backup your own statements.

It's a reason z10 only costs $1 at BestBuy. I hope people with a 20/20 vision don't miss this great deal.
    That is sad.

And I don't care if it comes out with a quad core or not. They probably will in the future. Better try reading again, I never said that I didn't want a quad core. I only said that it is currently not needed. Big difference. The only thing that I don't want is 1080p as it is useless to customers and fragments BB10 development and uses more battery power. Haven't you been paying attention. You seem to like to respond to my posts, but are unable to grasp the fact that I am only against 1080p. Everything else is fair game. Given the current OS, how much faster will the Z10 and Q10 devices function with quad core vs dual core. All I am asking is for people to use their brains when they ask for features to make up for feelings of inadequacies.
    07-19-13 08:31 AM
    Sometimes simple talking isn't good enough... Dead end argument here.
    07-19-13 09:02 AM
    Q10 has 2 gigs of ram does it not?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:38 AM
    Sometimes simple talking isn't good enough... Dead end argument here.
    i think we should just wait for the official announcement

Follow me on Twitter @yibeilein
    07-19-13 09:48 AM
    And I don't care if it comes out with a quad core or not. They probably will in the future. Better try reading again, I never said that I didn't want a quad core. I only said that it is currently not needed. Big difference. The only thing that I don't want is 1080p as it is useless to customers and fragments BB10 development and uses more battery power. Haven't you been paying attention. You seem to like to respond to my posts, but are unable to grasp the fact that I am only against 1080p. Everything else is fair game. Given the current OS, how much faster will the Z10 and Q10 devices function with quad core vs dual core. All I am asking is for people to use their brains when they ask for features to make up for feelings of inadequacies.
    Z10's resolution is pointless, a person with 20/20 vision doesn't even need it. Stupid BB should have lowered it.

/s

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    07-19-13 10:07 AM
210 ... 34567 ...