It is so sick, to see this one guy, who wants to pay 300$ more for old hardware, trying to defend the ridiculously old specs of the A10.

In every single thread, in the A10 section, this guy is here "to save the day" and to enlighten us, why we want to pay 300$ more, for old hardware.

There must be a hundred+ people now trying to explain to this Bluenoser guy, why it's just wrong and useless to defend it.

But he is unable to grasp it. He just doesn't understand it. He might be mentally incapable to process the thought, that I could buy a Nexus 4 or a Samsung S3 for about 350$ that would have similar specs to the A10 for half the price, and with a better eco system.

That one must explain him, why this is a bad strategic position for BlackBerry to be in, is the saddest part of it all, because this should be self explanatory...

http://crackberry.com/would-you-buy-...-rumored-specs

This is a poll from the CB frontpage, a self declared BlackBerry fanpage.
    If we BlackBerry fans can't stand the specs, then it will be a bloodbath, on other blogs/tabloids/news sites/magazines etc, that will review the device.

The competition in the smartphone market, has never been this intense.
    Starting with Nokia, who are trying to survive with a 41mpx camera and WP8, going to outdoor approved devices from Samsung, stopping by unibody alluminum designs from HTC and continuing to cheap chinese knock off manufacturers, who are copying as much as they can, to offer it for half of the price than the previously named enterprises.

And then there is BlackBerry. Offering hardware from 2 years ago, for the same price of hardware from today...
    This strategy has "success", written all over it....

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 10:53 AM
    Just ignore Bluhoser, like most of us do now.
    07-18-13 11:02 AM
    It is so sick, to see this one guy, who wants to pay 300$ more for old hardware, trying to defend the ridiculously old specs of the A10.
    Has BB released the price yet? Please post a link.

There must be a hundred+ people now trying to explain to this Bluenoser guy, why it's just wrong and useless to defend it.
    Really? hundred plus? I see three or four people. Want to list them all? You can't cause you made it up. And I see many agreeing that you can't see the difference between 1080p and 720p. And the poll is about all specs, not just the one I have said isn't necessary.

But he is unable to grasp it. He just doesn't understand it. He might be mentally incapable to process the thought
    You keep losing when you call people names. How is it that your opinion is gold, and if someone points out a flaw 1080 specs for 5" phones, their opinion is worthless. And you still are missing the fact that I only mention 1080p. You whine about all specs, but I only mention one. Why do you continuously miss that fact.?

[/QUOTE]And then there is BlackBerry. Offering hardware from 2 years ago, for the same price of hardware from today...
    This strategy has "success", written all over it....
    [/QUOTE]

Exaggerate much? Oh right, there are 100 plus people.. Offering hardware from two years ago? If the RUMORS are correct and it is a SnapDragon S4 Pro, it was only released at the end of February last year. Don't believe me, tell Qualcomm they are wrong.

Qualcomm News and Events

And Qualcomm states
    The S4 Pro processors are expected to come to market in the second half of 2012.
    How long do you think it takes to create and test a new phone with a new chip? So BB only had access to a chip that was released in the second half of last year. They have only had the chip less than a year. So please stop spreading BS.
    07-18-13 11:30 AM
    Just ignore Bluhoser, like most of us do now.
    Like all four of you? ooooooohh
    07-18-13 11:31 AM

You keep losing when you call people names. How is it that your opinion is gold, and if someone points out a flaw 1080 specs for 5" phones, their opinion is worthless. And you still are missing the fact that I only mention 1080p. You whine about all specs, but I only mention one. Why do you continuously miss that fact.?
    Did you tell me to stop posting in another thread in A10 section when we had different opinions? When Samsung offer a better CPU for their next phone , you ridiculed Android OS.

All of these come from you who have a questionable character and miss plenty of Android OS facts in the name of awesome Blackberry.
    07-18-13 11:45 AM
    This is false. I buy a new computer or upgrade when I need better specs yes, but unlike computers, phones have not reached functions that require monster specs. My iPhone 3GS still runs applications quite smoothly. Why is there a need for the 5? Not for better specs but for a better experience i.e bigger screen. Android phones have created an inane misconception that modern phones NEED these specs to run at smooth or even functional levels. There's much more than meets the eye than specs when it comes to technology. For example the wildly popular game "Arma 2" runs on a poorly written engine and as a result what would be considered a fairly good PC, struggles to get even 30 fps. Much like Arma, Android requires higher end specs because it is a more poorly written OS. BlackBerry does NOT need these specs. Phones are purely experience driven. iPhones continue to vastly outsell their "superior" android counterparts; and yet iphones continues to dominate with inferior specs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CB Forums mobile app
    Amen. Arma II is the worst optimized game.... They could have at least threaded it better. I understand GPU at huge view distances but wow...

Posted via CB10
    nquyen likes this.
    07-18-13 12:21 PM
    Quad core is no go. There is no os or app using quadcore

Posted via CB10
    With the exception of some high end games but yea.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-18-13 12:28 PM
    A message to people who don't need to have 4 core CPU in their BB phone,

You may not see the significant of having a 4 core CPU in your phone right now, but you'll realize its important after OS 10.2 is released and many apps run as headless apps in your phone.

When it happens, your phone performance will take a hit. I hope you don't ask me why BB allow headless apps to run when their phone's CPU is only dual core.
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    07-18-13 12:32 PM
    Let me tell you all what really is sick. Stupid bloggers who drive specs and think they know anything about what the specs actually translate to in terms of performance with apps that are not benchmarks. The problem is no one bothers talking about hardware being underutilized, specifically quad cores. Come to think of it triple core is a nice ballance.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:34 PM
    There is still a chance bb will bump up the specs compared to this leak. I really hope they do

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:36 PM

You may not see the significant of having a 4 core CPU in your phone right now, but you'll realize its important after OS 10.2 is released and many apps run as headless apps in your phone.

When it happens, your phone performance will take a hit. I hope you don't ask me why BB allow headless apps to run when their phone's CPU is only dual core.
    If headless apps are bogging your phone down they must be headless number crunching programs. A good headless app won't have any noticeable impact on performance. Trust me, unless your constantly doing image analysis or something it is entirely doable.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:37 PM

Please.. First. You don't know how BB is going to implement headless apps. Have you seen any white papers on how it works? Documentation at least? Second. Just because a cpu has four cores doesn't mean the software can be designed to use the other cores effectively. You don't know what BB has done or will do so just saying four cores is better is unknown.
    07-18-13 12:47 PM
    You proved me wrong how? Your reading comprehnison still hasn't improved any man.

I repeatedly said "BlackBerry 10 requires more than 1gb of ram to function properly". And it does. It really really does. BlackBerry's President and CEO seems to agree. I never said it wouldn't work at all, in fact I've tried it and have always said it somewhat works, but not as intended. But of course you know what I said. You just act like you can't read when it is convienent.

Your spec vs car weight makes no sense either. Android isn't a slouch any more. Jelly Bean is awesome. I have ran Jelly Bean on devices with dual core cpus and 1gb of ram and it still runs buttery smooth. It isn't like Android is still on Donut afterall. In my opinion, I have better specs and a better OS on my Nexus 4. If you're a BlackBerry fanboy, you'll probably disagree, but erm I'm not a fanboy of any platform. I can honestly say that I try a lot of different devices instead of just blindly supporting one company no matter what. My opinions are based on my experiences with multiple platforms. Not just one

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    My current phone is an S3 right now and apps crash, freeze, and I experience lag from just opening folders (yes I regularly clear the RAM and restart it). It's not rooted nor does it even have over 1GB of apps. It's running 4.1 and I'm not sure "buttery smooth" would describe the experience. It also locks itself into airplane mode (prompting a reboot) and from my experience has quite poor battery life. It also gets scary hot. Being my first Android phone, maybe I just got a lemon but I've used it for well over 4 months and I think I can safely say I tried Android.
    07-18-13 04:40 PM
    My current phone is an S3 right now and apps crash, freeze, and I experience lag from just opening folders (yes I regularly clear the RAM and restart it). It's not rooted nor does it even have over 1GB of apps. It's running 4.1 and I'm not sure "buttery smooth" would describe the experience. It also locks itself into airplane mode (prompting a reboot) and from my experience has quite poor battery life. It also gets scary hot. Being my first Android phone, maybe I just got a lemon but I've used it for well over 4 months and I think I can safely say I tried Android.
    Yeah, um I never said "Android-based smartphones run buttery smooth". I have a Nexus 4, it runs Android. You have a S3, that runs some weird mashed together OS that sorda resembles, and is based off of Android. It is a huge difference. Sorry to say it, but unless you rooted and went Vanilla, you haven't really tried Android yet.

Sorry, I should have been more clear about what I was talking about in my OP.

Last edited by Saiga; 07-18-13 at 05:08 PM.
    07-18-13 04:57 PM
    Yeah, um I never said "Android-based smartphones run buttery smooth". I have a Nexus 4, it runs Android. You have a S3, that runs some weird mashed together OS that sorda resembles, and is based off of Android. It is a huge difference. Sorry to say it, but unless you rooted and went Vanilla, you haven't really tried Android yet.

Sorry, I should have been more clear about what I was talking about in my OP.

Which is why you can't compare a fractured and fragmented Android would where who knows what you actually get. At least Windows/iOS and BB10 are consistent in the OS. So there are lots of versions of Android that need more HP to run smooth. Thanks for admitting that. That is the first step.
    07-18-13 05:20 PM
    Quad core is no go. There is no os or app using quadcore

Posted via CB10
    If the OS can't utilize a quad core, it's not a very good OS. Wouldn't ya think?
    LWKING likes this.
    07-18-13 05:28 PM
    CB10 app needs updated. The ignore feature doesn't appear to work. Kinda disappointed.

The Aficionado likes this.
    07-18-13 05:29 PM
    My Z10 works great with BB10. Smooth, fluid and fast. Please tell me how much faster it would work on a quad core CPU and 3GB RAM. Or do you feel inadequate with only 2 cores. I am not into pissing contest with other phone owners. If it works great, it works great. My Z10 does.
    Are you still going to say that when BB11 doesn't support less than 3GB RAM and you don't get to upgrade?
    07-18-13 05:39 PM
    Yes. A lot of people make fun of Apple fans as iSheep. I think there is a new sheep species. SpecSheep. These are people who want better specs even when it makes no performance gains. They just get herded around by large numbers. BB should make an addon chip and call it a coremultiplexer and put it in the A10. The coremultiplexer has a system setting that ask you how many cores your friends phone has. It them multiplies that by a factor of 2 and tells you that your phone has twice as many cores. That will make the specSheep happy.
    While we're at it, how about BBSheep? People who justify every single thing BB does no matter what.

Me likey.
    07-18-13 05:59 PM
    If the OS can't utilize a quad core, it's not a very good OS. Wouldn't ya think?
    You don't understand the difference between an OS and applications do you? The OS can take advantage but that doesn't mean anything if the apps can't. The OS may have absolutely insane capabilities but it doesn't matter if those capabilities are never leveraged. Even iOS can take advantage of multiple cores at an OS level but who cares if the APIs and apps don't?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 06:46 PM
    You don't understand the difference between an OS and applications do you? The OS can take advantage but that doesn't mean anything if the apps can't. The OS may have absolutely insane capabilities but it doesn't matter if those capabilities are never leveraged. Even iOS can take advantage of multiple cores at an OS level but who cares if the APIs and apps don't?

Posted via CB10
    How many threads do you think are running at once, even without any apps running? The hub and everything? What about when you get a bunch of apps running?
    07-18-13 06:50 PM

Crackberry King of the ctrl + c
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-18-13 07:12 PM
    CB10 app needs updated. The ignore feature doesn't appear to work. Kinda disappointed.

Yeah. It kinda hurts to find out the truth and you can't be an ostrich. I hope it gets working for you.
    07-18-13 07:38 PM
    If an OS needs quad cores just to function smoothly, it not a good OS is it.
    07-18-13 07:38 PM
    Are you still going to say that when BB11 doesn't support less than 3GB RAM and you don't get to upgrade?
    How many years to you keep your phone? Since you don't like last year specs on a phone, must be six months? So what is your point if you update every six months? If it is a year, do you think that BB11 will be out in a year? Do you really keep your phone for more than two years? I cry for you that you have to keep a phone that is two years behind in specs. So please tell me oracle, when will BB11 come out and require 3GB or RAM. I would like to know so I can start saving my money so I can buy a new phone at that time.
    07-18-13 07:42 PM
210 ... 23456 ...