I'm running the leaked 10.2.1.1295 on a Z30 and have suddenly started to lose emails from one of my email addresses. Hub settings are set to delete from device only, and I'm not actually touching the phone at all - it seems to happen when the phone does an automated send/receive and if I have not already got the message on laptop Outlook - bang, its gone from the hosted server we have for work email addresses. Its not happening to my "mac.com" emails and nothing has apparently been changed. Anybody else seen or know of this problem??
    02-03-14 07:01 PM
    I'm running the leaked 10.2.1.1295 on a Z30 and have suddenly started to lose emails from one of my email addresses. Hub settings are set to delete from device only, and I'm not actually touching the phone at all - it seems to happen when the phone does an automated send/receive and if I have not already got the message on laptop Outlook - bang, its gone from the hosted server we have for work email addresses. Its not happening to my "mac.com" emails and nothing has apparently been changed. Anybody else seen or know of this problem??

A) I'm not sure the "selective delete" feature on BB10 works right. In the tests I did on a slightly earlier build of 10.2.1, if I had it set to prompt on delete and requested "delete on both", I would oftentimes find I still had to delete it from another endpoint. And if you delete more than one message (if you have "prompt" enabled) you get no choice at all - it just deleted from the Hub without asking.

B) What sort of email server is this? POP/IMAP/Exchange ActiveSync?

C) How is your Outlook client connected? MAPI/RPC? POP? IMAP? ActiveSync? Syncing add-on?
    02-03-14 08:34 PM
    Hi there. Sorry I'm not a techo but do know that we have POP based accounts. I think the problem is with our service provider not the phone after an afternoon of restores and resets

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 01:39 AM
    Hi there. Sorry I'm not a techo but do know that we have POP based accounts. I think the problem is with our service provider not the phone after an afternoon of restores and resets

Also keep in mind: the POP protocol is over 25 years old. It was never initially designed to allow multiple clients to connect and leave messages for a different client to retrieve.

So this mechanism does not always work reliably, it will vary depending on the quirks of the specific email server implementation and of the way the clients/endpoints implement POP as well.

If you are going to have multiple clients accessing the same mailbox and are potentially doing deletions from both, IMAP or Exchange ActiveSync would be more reliable connection protocols.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-04-14 05:20 AM
    You have no option yet when you multi select emails, has been stated they were looking into adding this.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:12 AM