Some of my emails seem to be disappearing from my hub. I'm not to sure why but any help on rectifying this? Thanks in advance Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    12-09-14 09:09 AM
    These emails that are missing, are they older messages?
    There is a setting that allows a longer time frame for emails to remain in your inbox...

Open up: Settings > Accounts (find email account) > advanced on bottom and change the sync time to more than 30 days.

Post via my BlackBerry Z30!
    12-09-14 09:21 AM
    Most likely, it has to do with the setup you have with your email provider. If you read your email on your phone, then use your computer's email program to delete the message from the program, it is possible that it will delete the message from your phone also. Check your settings on your phone and in your email program to see if you find a setting there.
    12-09-14 09:28 AM
    I had this problem for the longest time and was able to correct it by resetting up my email accounts and when it asks how long to keep emails choose "forever".

The second thing I did was to go into my desktop Outlook and change the setting to "leave email on server" after downloading.

Hope that helps.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    12-09-14 09:28 AM
    These emails that are missing, are they older messages?
    There is a setting that allows a longer time frame for emails to remain in your inbox...

Open up: Settings > Accounts (find email account) > advanced on bottom and change the sync time to more than 30 days.

I have the same problem and it drives me crazy. All emails older than 3 days disappear. When I read your post, I was so happy that it can be fixed but I can't find "advanced" in my settings. I use the latest official 10.2.1 OS. Are you using 10.3?
    P.S. I have this problem only with my POP3 account. No problem with my two IMAP accounts.
    Posted by BlackBerry Z30
    Last edited by TTQ225; 12-09-14 at 11:09 AM.
    12-09-14 10:56 AM
    Thanks everyone for the advice I shall look into this later on

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    12-09-14 10:59 AM
    I have the same problem and it drives me crazy. All emails older than 3 days disappear. When I read your post, I was so happy that it can be fixed but I can't find "advanced" in my settings. I use the latest official 10.2.1 OS. Are you using 10.3?
    P.S. I have this problem only with my POP3 account. No problem with my two IMAP accounts.
    Posted by BlackBerry Z30
    To find this feature, go to your main page > pull down and find Settings > click on Accounts > find your email and click on it to open to edit email account > now you'll be in the edit emails, on the bottom of the screen you will see Advanced or Delete > click on Advanced > scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see Sync Timeframe - set it to forever.

You may have to reboot the phone to ensure the new changes are kept.

12-11-14 01:00 AM
    To find this feature, go to your main page > pull down and find Settings > click on Accounts > find your email and click on it to open to edit email account > now you'll be in the edit emails, on the bottom of the screen you will see Advanced or Delete > click on Advanced > scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see Sync Timeframe - set it to forever.

You may have to reboot the phone to ensure the new changes are kept.

Not for POP accounts. Option does not exist. I'm going through a disappearing emails problem myself and no help so far.

Richard
    12-21-14 03:02 PM
    Not for POP accounts. Option does not exist. I'm going through a disappearing emails problem myself and no help so far.

Richard
    I have found that my problem with disappearing emails was caused by my desktop email program being set to delete emails from the server after 'x' amount of time. Since the server syncs with my phone it would then delete them from my phone as well. By changing that setting on the desktop program (Outlook) to "leave email on server" I haven't had any issues.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    12-22-14 01:35 AM
    See, that's how my desktop email client has always been set - forever. It's default on most. And on my BBOS phone (9800 Torch) never, ever, ever had this issue. Of course the way BBOS handles email is very different (man I miss push emails with POP accounts.)

Yesterday I did uncheck that option on my desktop email client as a test (actually, I set it to "remove from server when removed from deleted items" under advanced account options in Outlook), but only time will tell if it helps. Sometimes emails that weren't terribly important might have disappeared and I'd never know. It's only when I see one that was still on the first page of results disappear and it was only a day old; that caught my attention!

Richard
    12-22-14 10:47 AM
    To confirm what Howard said (and I've updated my original thread about this issue too) changing this option on Outlook has solved the issue for me. I've sent numerous test messages, one of which I've kept, and the others deleted, to watch their behavior on the phone.

Of course you'll want to consider things like server storage space (and phone storage too) when setting to keep mail forever like that. I set mine to delete it from the server once it's removed from the deleted items folder. My Outlook client is currently set on manual for this; I have to empty it on my own. Maybe later I'll set it to do so on a timed basis.

Richard
    12-31-14 12:41 PM