I would like to shoot whoever decided we didn't need two spaces between sentences. In civilized quarters, we still put in two spaces. I wish my BB phone would not force me to insert an extra space by hand all the time. It is really frustrating.

Is there a setting somewhere so that those of us that are not teenagers on a school bus texting our friends can draft business emails without having to manually input an extra space everywhere? Two spaces by default, in other words. Thank you.
    05-29-14 03:50 AM
    "...Today the desired or correct sentence spacing is often debated. Many sources now say additional space is not necessary or desirable.[10] From around 1950, single sentence spacing became standard in books, magazines and newspapers.[11] However some sources still state that additional spacing is correct or acceptable. The debate continues,[4] notably on the World Wide Web—as many people use search engines to try to find what is correct.[12] Many people prefer double sentence spacing for informal use because that was how they were taught to type.[13] There is a debate on which convention is more readable, but the few recent direct studies conducted since 2002 have produced inconclusive results.[14]..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_spacing

http://www.slate.com/articles/techno..._invaders.html
    05-29-14 05:07 AM
    I believe that most style guides now have a single space. Just give in and move forward. Now, e-mail vs. email? That is one I refuse to accept! Except when I'm being lazy or in a rush. I understand the push to lose the hyphen, I just don't like it.

Tapped and flicked from my BlackBerry Z30!
    05-29-14 07:30 AM
    Double spacing died out with the demise of the typewriter and its lack of font kerning. Maybe if you still use mono spaced fonts such as Courier then double spacing would be applicable but not otherwise.
    05-29-14 07:34 AM
    In my industry everyone uses double spaces, and I believe that the text is much more readable. I have heard about this debate and don't need to be right. I just want two spaces by default like Dragon Naturally Speaking allows. BB is a serious business tool. It should have this option, IMO.
    05-29-14 06:48 PM
    Can you make a keyboard shortcut for it? like (BB = BlackBerry ) so if you want double space you type "ds" or your own desired shortcut.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 08:30 PM
    I'm a professional writer (I can buy lunch on it) and always use double spacing. Honestly don't worry about it on my phone, but in print it makes everything easier to read. But, that's me.
    06-02-14 09:12 PM