Long time BB user here, so I'm used to email blasting in and out of my phone at super efficient rates, to the envy of my iOS and Droid fanboys/girls.
    What is the deal with this slow sync thing on BB10 and my Z30?
    Sometimes I will go most of a day without any updates from my accounts and I find that during those times the phone won't send email either. A restart or switching airplane mode off/on sometimes gets it to catch up, but this is not the way BB mail has worked for the decade of my BB experience.
    Is there an update coming? Am I missing something simple in the setup?
    I want my email to come and go with the high performance of my older devices.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks!
    03-09-14 10:49 AM
    What is your provider and why can't you use push?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-09-14 10:52 AM
    Verizon, I'm in the Midwest.
    Not sure how to set push, is it on the phone or somewhere else?
    03-09-14 11:23 AM
    I think it depends on your email (pop/imap) account? I have 4 email accounts and none of them offer "push".

I have my settings set to manual and just refresh the hub whenever I get a chance or think about. Works good for me.

I too miss the old days when BB email was the shiznit! One of the main reasons I came back.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    03-09-14 11:37 AM
    Long time BB user here, so I'm used to email blasting in and out of my phone at super efficient rates, to the envy of my iOS and Droid fanboys/girls.
    What is the deal with this slow sync thing on BB10 and my Z30?
    Sometimes I will go most of a day without any updates from my accounts and I find that during those times the phone won't send email either. A restart or switching airplane mode off/on sometimes gets it to catch up, but this is not the way BB mail has worked for the decade of my BB experience.
    Is there an update coming? Am I missing something simple in the setup?
    I want my email to come and go with the high performance of my older devices.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks!
    The old BlackBerrys had BIS which pushed all email via the BlackBerry servers. No longer. If you have push email by, say, Gmail, it arrives immediately, at the same time as on your computer. With POP email, it isn't push, and you have to set it for 5 minute retrieval. But you can get POP via wifi, whereas with the BIS service you had to be on your mobile carrier. At least, that's the way I understand it.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 11:47 AM
    The old BlackBerrys had BIS which pushed all email via the BlackBerry servers. No longer. If you have push email by, say, Gmail, it arrives immediately, at the same time as on your computer. With POP email, it isn't push, and you have to set it for 5 minute retrieval. But you can get POP via wifi, whereas with the BIS service you had to be on your mobile carrier. At least, that's the way I understand it.

Posted via CB10
    That makes sense, Ken - thanks. I had forgotten BB got rid of BIS. That stinks. I just can't understand why I should have to wait at least 5 minutes for messages to appear.

On the other topic, I can't figure out why it just "goes dark" on occasion. Seems like it happens when I go in and out of service areas (i.e buildings, etc.) multiple times.
    Anyone have thoughts or a work-around on this?
    03-09-14 11:56 AM
    That makes sense, Ken - thanks. I had forgotten BB got rid of BIS. That stinks. I just can't understand why I should have to wait at least 5 minutes for messages to appear.
    Without push email, your email client has to connect to and refresh your email account.
    If this was something that was continual, your email provider would be very angry with you and your data plan would show very high data usage. In other words, you would be constantly spamming your email provider while eating into your monthly data allotment.
    You can set the auto-check time to your liking, but BlackBerry's have a hard coded minimum auto-check for your email accounts, this is 30 minutes with a special exception.
    Unless set to a higher interval, every 30 minutes your BlackBerry will check for new email on your POP accounts:
    • If there is no new email found, the next check will be in 30 minutes

• If there is new email found, the next check will be in 5 minutes and if new email is found at that time, it will check again in another 5 minutes.

At any time, you can initiate a manual check, tap More and Refresh from the email account in the Hub.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 03-13-14 at 11:44 AM.
    03-09-14 06:10 PM
    Thanks, DaFox

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 06:07 AM