Has the cold war between Yahoo and my Z30 resumed, or is Linkedin chewing on
    my Contacts ?

(1) In the past two weeks I have lost a third of my CONTACTS, including a half of my
    favorites; my contacts sync interval is 'Manual';

(2) even with my email sync interval set to 'Manual', I still get emails to my Z30.
    A similar remark applies to my PBs, for which Yahoo asks me 30 times a day
    to reenter my PSWD. (THE MAIL MUST GO THRU!)

(3) I just cannot justify spending time on calendar events until this all smooths out.

What say you all ? Any similar experiences ?

I must admit that another possibility is that Linkedin is chewing on my Contacts.
    I have no other channels like Facebook or Twitter activated. I don't as yet do the
    BBM thing. About 2 months ago, I did activate the Linkedin channel.. Slowly I
    noticed familiar faces began to populate my contacts list as Linkedin did its thing.
    Then I noticed in my text channel that my children's names were missing from
    ongoing conversations, but their #s were still there. It was then that I discovered
    the missing Contacts. Anyone see other social channels messing with your Contacts ?
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 03-09-14 at 05:00 PM. Reason: more information
    03-08-14 03:45 PM
    Has the cold war between Yahoo and my Z30 resumed, or is Linkedin chewing on
    my Contacts ?

(1) In the past two weeks I have lost a third of my CONTACTS, including a half of my
    favorites; my contacts sync interval is 'Manual';

(2) even with my email sync interval set to 'Manual', I still get emails to my Z30.
    A similar remark applies to my PBs, for which Yahoo asks me 30 times a day
    to reenter my PSWD. (THE MAIL MUST GO THRU!)

(3) I just cannot justify spending time on calendar events until this all smooths out.

What say you all ? Any similar experiences ?

I must admit that another possibility is that Linkedin is chewing on my Contacts.
    I have no other channels like Facebook or Twitter activated. I don't as yet do the
    BBM thing. About 2 months ago, I did activate the Linkedin channel.. Slowly I
    noticed familiar faces began to populate my contacts list as Linkedin did its thing.
    Then I noticed in my text channel that my children's names were missing from
    ongoing conversations, but their #s were still there. It was then that I discovered
    the missing Contacts. Anyone see other social channels messing with your Contacts ?
    I can't speak to all of this but,

re #2: I believe Yahoo email is IMAP/Push. So, your email will be pushed out to you regardless of sync interval unless you have turned off "Use push if supported". (Even then, some IMAP providers seem to be able to overrule the device setting.) The sync interval actually controls how often read/unread status, contacts, calendar events are synced between device and server.

As to your overall issue, I strongly suspect that Linkedin could be the problem. The only time I've had issues with BB 10 contacts was when I had my Linkedin account syncing to my device.

Hope this helps.
    03-10-14 10:59 AM
    TY. I have "Use push if supported" turned off. With introduction of Z10 and Z30, industry is working hard to get automatic updating of both Calendar and Contacts. Perhaps it is indeed cross-channel horse play, here between Yahoo and Linkedin.
    03-10-14 02:27 PM