Hi all.
    We just moved to EE in the UK but we are getting terrible signal in our office, most times no signal at all, so we are missing a lot of business calls.

I complained to EE and they have supplied us with a signal booster for the office, this plugs into our lan and they activate it to talk to the nearest mast (I assume).

Anyway, it does seem to work well and we can now get full bars anywhere in our office. But. We have all noticed that the z30 seems to want to connect to the 4g service (weak signal) and not the boosted signal within the office. I assume this is because it always wants to connect to the fastest service. I know 4g only delivers data but all day when we try to use the phones, they have switched back to the poor signal which means we are again missing calls.

Is there anyway I can tell my z30 to use 4g for data but 3g/2g for voice?

I've tried all the settings within network and the only one that gives good results is the 3g/2g one. So we lose 4g data.

Any ideas anyone?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:00 PM
    I'm not sure if your setup is similar to what Verizon provides for their 'Network Extender'. The Network Extender only provides 3G signal (similar to your 'Booster'), and with old BlackBerry devices I would see full 'bars' all the time. Ever since upgrading to 4G LTE-capable BB10 devices, the network strength indicator never shows full bars, but instead shows the 1 or 2 bars of 4G signal that (on a good day) is able to get through the house. If I disable Wi-Fi, it falls back to 4G LTE data (which fizzles if I hold the phone wrong).

Fortunately, when I make or receive a call, I can hear the special tone indicating that it's connecting via the network extender and the resulting call quality is good. If I look at the signal indicator while on a call, I see that it shows full bars.

Seems like in your case, it's latching onto the weak 4G service, but it is not falling back to the 3G booster for calls. I don't think there is a setting for that as it is supposed to be automatic.
    02-17-14 01:25 PM
    I'm not sure if your setup is similar to what Verizon provides for their 'Network Extender'. The Network Extender only provides 3G signal (similar to your 'Booster'), and with old BlackBerry devices I would see full 'bars' all the time. Ever since upgrading to 4G LTE-capable BB10 devices, the network strength indicator never shows full bars, but instead shows the 1 or 2 bars of 4G signal that (on a good day) is able to get through the house. If I disable Wi-Fi, it falls back to 4G LTE data (which fizzles if I hold the phone wrong).

Fortunately, when I make or receive a call, I can hear the special tone indicating that it's connecting via the network extender and the resulting call quality is good. If I look at the signal indicator while on a call, I see that it shows full bars.

Seems like in your case, it's latching onto the weak 4G service, but it is not falling back to the 3G booster for calls. I don't think there is a setting for that as it is supposed to be automatic.
    Exactly right. For now I've turned 4g off but in all honesty I'd like to have it on (I am paying for it).

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 01:47 PM
    Only your Internet data us 4G at the moment.

All calls are still on the 3G network

Posted Via CB10 Running OS 10.2.1.2141
    02-17-14 01:53 PM
    Settings - network connections - mobile network. There is a drop down menu for 2g 3g and 4 g have a fiddle about see what happens

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    02-23-14 01:34 PM