Hello,

Well this is not my shining hours, but hey, I have this thing in my hands 24/7 so it's bound to happen.

Anyway, gentle drop but still, damage was done. Screen is not cracked, but there is no response from the screen, and the display seems to darken by the hour. Is that fixable, somehow?

Thanks a bunch, and don't laugh, I am still crying over this!Dropped my Z30..., what can I do now? (crying)-img_20140217_072949.jpgDropped my Z30..., what can I do now? (crying)-img_20140217_073217.jpg
    02-17-14 07:44 AM
    Nobody's going to laugh,help is on it's way,lol.Get a loaner and hope that bb will fix it for free,they need some good feedback from loyal customers.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    02-17-14 07:52 AM
    worst fear
    jfguay2 likes this.
    02-17-14 07:53 AM
    First thing I see is no Otterbox case. I dropped mine on the hardwood flooring one day and it literally bounced about a foot or more but thankfully there was no damage. I think at best you are looking at a new screen here. Think I saw an ad here in GTA for around $250 but like previous post hinted we all hope you can have her up and running for much less than that.

Posted via CB10
    jfguay2 and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    02-17-14 08:01 AM
    Yikes, sorry for your loss. Not sure on cost of repair but it looks like the screen parts were separated in the drop. I'm not sure if that means a full replacement or not. Best of luck

Posted via my Z30
    02-17-14 08:33 AM
    Appears to be internal damage to the screen, and definitely gonna need a repair. Sorry your day is ruined, but I did have to make an edit to your title, as well.
    02-17-14 08:44 AM
    Stop crying or you'll water damage it too.
    Your only options are to send it for repair or get a new one. Very bad situation for sure. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    jfguay2 likes this.
    02-17-14 08:48 AM
    Man that sucks!
    02-17-14 08:54 AM
    http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...-assembly.html

There's also a thread on cb about how to swap the screen .

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-17-14 08:59 AM
    Oh wow, sorry about this outcome... Hopefully you had some sort of warranty or service plan with the device.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-17-14 09:48 AM
    Don't you have insurance?

Posted via Verizon Z30
    02-17-14 10:15 AM
    Don't you have insurance?

Posted via Verizon Z30
    No I don't have a phone insurance. I just got a quote from Irepairpro and it's a bit steep at 250$, plus taxes. The only other option is to buy the part from etradesupply (around 150$) and try to do it myself, to save 130$. Decisions, decisions...
    02-18-14 11:34 AM
    Ended up selling it on Kijiji to someone willing to take the risk of trying to fix it. It will be his first BB10 and he was excited to be getting the phone. I told him he would probably like it very much, and that was the reason I was going to buy a new one. He had an android phone, so we will shortly be +1 when he gets the phone fixed.

I will also ...hum...buy the most robust case there is. What do you guys suggest? Otterbox defender, commuter, or what else? Any good /bad experiences out there? Ideally, I would want to keep the phone in the case even when going to work so it would need to have a holster, which I think the defender has...
    02-21-14 07:38 AM
    Ended up selling it on Kijiji to someone willing to take the risk of trying to fix it. It will be his first BB10 and he was excited to be getting the phone. I told him he would probably like it very much, and that was the reason I was going to buy a new one. He had an android phone, so we will shortly be +1 when he gets the phone fixed.

I will also ...hum...buy the most robust case there is. What do you guys suggest? Otterbox defender, commuter, or what else? Any good /bad experiences out there? Ideally, I would want to keep the phone in the case even when going to work so it would need to have a holster, which I think the defender has...
    Otterbox defender was a saviour to mine when I dropped it on hardwood floor. Now I'm using commuter and it seems just as "robust" to me. Around $35 bucks will set you well. I found the Otterbox screen protector to be a bit wavy so I also grabbed the Zagg HD from best buy.

Posted via CB10
    jfguay2 likes this.
    02-21-14 07:52 AM
    Also, depending on your carrier, insurance about 8 bucks a month, Thats a "high-end" sixpack a month, spend it.
    Then you would have no worries....

c
    jfguay2 likes this.
    02-21-14 08:25 AM
    Is there a difference between the amazon one and etradesupply one. It seems to be substantially more on the etradesupply site. The etradesupply site also mentions a replacement with and without a frame, not sure what that means. Also will the Verizon one work with my regular z30?
    03-01-14 10:10 AM
    go get it fixed? lol

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z30.
    03-01-14 10:46 AM
    You made my day less happy, thank you. I'll mental cry with you
    03-01-14 11:58 AM
    Hey all,

Not only did I get a new one, after I sold the old one on kijiji, but I ended up getting the otterbox defender. Great case, built like a tank. I feel my investment is well protected now, the only caveat is that my phone now looks pretty darn big in it, especially when I put it in the holster and wear it at work. Good side is that it made my colleagues laugh.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:49 AM