Hey guys, i'm just wondering if you Z30 gets warm whenever you are using it for youtube or others?

My Z30 gets quite warm when I was watching a 4minutes youtube video. It was only 1 video, and I could feel that the phone is warm.

Then, when I reinstalled Facebook, it gets warm too. I know it's the PIM services in the background syncing the contacts and messages, but I'm just wondering if that's normal?

Normal usage does not seems to make the phone warm (whatsapp, email, txt).

Just got this phone like 4 days ago..
    03-18-14 08:15 AM
    Yes, it's ok and not to worry, what you are feeling is the processor doing it job, and that does generate heat, which if designed well, the heat is dissipated and no damage done. when I'm killing time and watch Xfinity Go, or playing a graphics "heavy" game, it does warm up.

Continue on and ENJOY!

c
    03-18-14 08:29 AM
    Its clearly "warming up" to you
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-18-14 09:49 AM
    Actually mine does not, I always check because when my Z10 was my daily driver it was ALWAYS warm it seemed like during any task. Mind you I haven't used it for some time now and maybe some of the recent updates have cured it I don't know. Mind you I rarely play games or watch movies or videos on the phone... I use my ipad for that stuff.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    03-18-14 09:55 AM
    My Z30 does the same....if I play a huge game, or watch a movie on Netflix etc., the device does get warm. It never gets 'hot', just really warm. No reason for concern though. Just the processor working, and making sure you get a great experience with BB10!
    Carl Estes and BB_Junky like this.
    03-18-14 09:58 AM
    Its clearly "warming up" to you
    LOL I bet it is!!

Anyway, thank you for clarifying this with me. Now I can play with ease!!
    03-18-14 09:38 PM
    That all depends on how warm it is getting. If it is physically uncomfortable to the touch then you probably have an issue. That being said if the device is still new they tend to run hot when they settle in. If it is not new (which I kinda assume is not the case since if it was that bad why would you wait to post?) then you probably have a problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 11:00 PM
    Mine gets a little warm, but definitely nothing like the Z10. My LE z10 got way warmer when I was using it heavily...
    03-18-14 11:28 PM
    Mine will only start to get warm if I'm in a bad data coverage area.

Posted from my awesome Z30
    03-18-14 11:36 PM
    According to TV there might be a tracking/spy device attached to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    Adi Marwan likes this.
    03-19-14 12:19 AM
    That all depends on how warm it is getting. If it is physically uncomfortable to the touch then you probably have an issue. That being said if the device is still new they tend to run hot when they settle in. If it is not new (which I kinda assume is not the case since if it was that bad why would you wait to post?) then you probably have a problem.

Posted via CB10
    Not that it's not uncomfortable. It is just weird because I only play 1 video and the phone gets warm. Or maybe I put the phone next to me on my bed, perhaps the ventilation is not so good. Is it probable? lol

Mine gets a little warm, but definitely nothing like the Z10. My LE z10 got way warmer when I was using it heavily...
    How heavy is your heavy?

Mine will only start to get warm if I'm in a bad data coverage area.

Posted from my awesome Z30
    Mine does when PIM services was running in the background. This happened when I installed facebook, and PIM is running.

According to TV there might be a tracking/spy device attached to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    I thought so too..they're stealing my sexy pics..
    03-19-14 01:47 AM
    The first time mine got warm, was when i was using hotspot. Other than that it's been cool.
    03-19-14 07:30 AM
    I notice most with hot spot usage, but not uncomfortable.
    03-19-14 09:41 AM
    Only when I use the hot spot feature for a long time, then it gets warm.
    03-19-14 12:08 PM