On their Z30? I just bought a Z30 to replace my Z10. The Z10 battery life is brutal while using any Android apps! Especially Tapatalk. I'm just wondering if anyone had used that app constantly, did you notice a huge decrease in battery?

If anyone out there has, Does it significantly kill the battery on the Z30 or was that a Z10 thing?

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    05-18-14 09:15 PM
    I see you finally got your Z30. I still want one but I have been playing around with Windows phones lately. The only thing holding me back from a Z30 is no LTE on AT&T unless you are in areas where AT&T uses 1700 MHz for LTE which is very limited. Also if I were to switch to T-Mobile, WiFi calling is not available. I hope you really enjoy the Z30.
    05-18-14 09:41 PM
    I see you finally got your Z30. I still want one but I have been playing around with Windows phones lately. The only thing holding me back from a Z30 is no LTE on AT&T unless you are in areas where AT&T uses 1700 MHz for LTE which is very limited. Also if I were to switch to T-Mobile, WiFi calling is not available. I hope you really enjoy the Z30.
    Haven't got it yet. Next week I will! I guess I'm just worried about the way that Tapatalk really seems to put a lot of pull on the resources.

I sent my 925 back to the person I bought it from. I just couldn't get the hang of it. I'm not a fan of the UI at all.

I do want a tablet though. Non-RT version.

Maybe a Vivo Tab, ThinkPad, or Transformer Book...

Oh yeah. My Z30 version thankfully supports LTE on T-Mobile. I've got other devices that'll do Wifi calling if I really need it...

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    05-18-14 09:59 PM
    It's going to seem like forever until next week. LOL. Yeah, I hear what you are saying about Windows phone. It's kind of quirky. BB10 is light years ahead. But, as a second play around device, there are no other choices for me. Like I said, iPhone is WAAAAY too much money for what you get. And Android is a tracking nightmare. You really have to let us know how much you like the Z30 when you get it. You are a very experienced phone person and I am interested in your opinion.
    05-18-14 10:19 PM
    I have a Q10 and not a Z30. I use Tapatalk daily. In the last 24 hours is used 0.52% of my batt. The Z has a bigger batt than my Q. You should be good with it. No battery drain

Posted via CB10
    Septembersrain likes this.
    05-19-14 01:39 AM
    It's going to seem like forever until next week..
    Haha! Tell me about it! She was seriously shopping for a Z30 about a week after I was. This week, in fact, TODAY, I'm supposed to receive my Z30. What has only been 5 business days of shipping has seemed like a MONTH.

Let's hope she went with the upgraded shipping. lol!
    kbz1960, Septembersrain and lift like this.
    05-19-14 11:20 AM
    Mine should be here Wednesday! I have the day off so I'll be loading up a leak!!!

I just hope it gets here on the day it's supposed to because if it doesn't, I won't be able to load a leak until Sunday. =/

05-19-14 11:28 AM
    Mine should be here Wednesday! I have the day off so I'll be loading up a leak!!!

I just hope it gets here on the day it's supposed to because if it doesn't, I won't be able to load a leak until Sunday. =/

UPS altered my shipment date from Friday to today while the phone was sitting at the UPS warehouse at 6AM that Friday. Grrrr!! Needless to say, that made this weekend seem like a full week. So, I guess if I was to have a silver lining, that'd be it.

I'm leaving work early today to ensure the UPS guy delivers it as opposed to not dropping it off like they've done before. Another day of waiting would be excrutiating.
    05-19-14 11:37 AM
    Btw, I downloaded and tried Tapatalk for about 45 minutes today. I noticed very little battery drain. In fact, I don't think it used more than 2% during that time frame..

So, I don't think you have much to worry about. The only disappointing thing I've noticed about my Z30 purchase was the loss of LTE (AT&T) . But, that was expected. Everything else is fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 09:53 PM
    I have a Q10 and not a Z30. I use Tapatalk daily. In the last 24 hours is used 0.52% of my batt. The Z has a bigger batt than my Q. You should be good with it. No battery drain

Posted via CB10
    That is good to know.
    05-21-14 02:30 AM
    Btw, I downloaded and tried Tapatalk for about 45 minutes today. I noticed very little battery drain. In fact, I don't think it used more than 2% during that time frame..

So, I don't think you have much to worry about. The only disappointing thing I've noticed about my Z30 purchase was the loss of LTE (AT&T) . But, that was expected. Everything else is fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! This really gets me super excited for my Z30. It'll be here either today or tomorrow.

Now I'll finally be able to walk away from a charger for a few hours. LOL

kbz1960 likes this.
    05-21-14 05:13 AM
    What phone are you coming from, the Z10?

Edit: I just re-read your OP. So you are coming from the Z10. Here's a few things I've noticed as I just departed with my Z10 for the Z30.

First, you apparently won't have to deal with this issue as you're not married to AT&T, but I already miss the LTE coverage (100-5 model). I guess I didn't realize just how fast that was as compared to 4G. I couldn't even get a satisfactory BBM video call in last night on a good connection. That definitely bummed me out. It makes me wonder if it would be worth it to switch if I can get the same (or less) monthy cost at Verizon (T-Mo still no vid calling?).

That's the only drawback for me, because the rest is good news. One thing I immediately noticed was the sound. I was quite impressed, and somewhat shocked. It is loud. I could see myself watching movies without the need for headphones now (coming from the Z10).

The feel of the phone is more solid than that of the Z10. I do get what other folks are talking about when they discuss how it's not the easiest phone to type one handed with because of its size. It's heavier than the Z10 and wider, so it's harder to balance with a few fingers if you're using one of your other fingers to type. A bit awkward, but I have big hands, so it's not too challenging for me.

The screen is a tad darker when fully lit, and to be honest, the Z10's is a tad "crispier" in my opinion. However, if you're complaining about that difference then you're being overly dramatic and are probably just looking for a reason to complain about something.

I have noticed that the OS does seem to run a tad smoother on the Z30. Whereas when the Z10 would have a chop here and a chop there, the Z30 sort of just takes a casual stroll through the park no matter what you throw at it.

The antenna is an improvement over the Z10. This was one of the big reasons I went to the Z30. I have noticed better connections, BUT, there's that whole LTE thing ... I'm in a building out in the middle of nowhere for work, so I often lost connection with the Z10. Now, for the most part, I can at least maintain a connection.

The battery life.. Well, funny thing is, in less than 2 days, it works so well that I almost forgot to discuss it. I used the poo out of it yesterday, even after an OS upgrade (settling/syncing drain) and I only got it down to 30%. So, I will happily retire my mophie. Thank goodness, cause that thing was a brick.

I'm happy I bought it. It's a great phone, that's for sure. If I had LTE I could easily see myself on this phone for years. However, I don't know how long my non-LTE patience will last. Hopefully, Blackberry will have better relations with AT&T by the time the successor to the Z30 will arrive and I can go "upgrade."

Good luck with your purchase. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
    Last edited by emailthisaddress; 05-21-14 at 08:04 AM.
    05-21-14 07:34 AM