I've had my Z30 for some time now, and I still don't have a screen protector. I put it in my pocket frequently, and there are no scratches on it yet. However, I am still very very careful with it. Even when placing in my pocket, I make sure it's not sliding along my pants as I drop it in. I do plan on getting a flip case for it instead of a screen protector.
    12-11-13 11:42 AM
    I don't see the point of a screen protector for mobiles. I think they are just an add on that we have been conditioned to see as necessary. Think about it: what looks uglier, a scratch, or the damn screen protector? I've never understood the thinking behind them. You own a phone for a couple of years. Why have the screen covered in plastic the whole time - in my view, it looks far worse than a potential scratch. Glass really doesn't scratch all that easily, and the phone won't last forever anyway. I'd say save the few pounds, and buy a beer. Don't go covering the thing in bubbly, ugly plastic to protect the perfect view of the screen than you will never actually look at because, well, you keep the damn thing in plastic...just a thought...

Posted via CB10
    jaaane likes this.
    12-11-13 12:03 PM
    Never use them... i live the feel of the screen on the Z30.. so smooth!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 12:08 PM
    If I could see the screen protector I wouldn't keep it on.

I blew through 3 protectors before I nailed it perfectly on this 4th one but it is absolutely perfect and invisible unless I point out that it's there.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 01:20 PM
    I don't like using screen protectors or cases. I keep it in a front pants pocket by itself when I carry it around. I'm very careful with my phones, and so far my Z30 still looks like new.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    12-11-13 01:23 PM
    In Toronto, you can find at Future Shop the ZAGG brand of screen protectors and on the CrackBerry online shop as well. They are quite pricy but well worth it. On my previous phone, I went through numerous cheaper products and almost gave up on the whole concept.
    The higher quality ones are very clear, smudge proof, have a glass like feel to the touch and are nearly invisible.
    ZAGG claims that their product protects the screen from shattering and has ability to health itself from small scratches.
    After a few weeks of use there is no peeling and the clarity remain excellent. As for the anti shatter and self-healing properties, I have yet to put them to the test...

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055
    12-11-13 04:00 PM
    I left on the original screen protector it came with until I could make it to the mall and the Ghost Armor kiosk. They didn't have any prefab laser cut ones for the Z30 yet so they cut one to fit. I like that better than the Zagg.
    12-11-13 05:21 PM
    Yes! I put a privacy screen protector and a nice white/grey Otterbox Commuter case on my beautiful Z30 .

@DJBrianS | C0001F285
    12-11-13 05:28 PM
    Hey, not to be Mr.Partypooper but you're well advised to ALWAYS use protection. I know naked feels better but it's not worth the grief. Several post already about unprotected Zs being put in places they shouldn't and now they're sorry for it. The increase of STDs (ScratchedTouchscreenDevices) is warning enough. Just sayin
    pili4 and R Field like this.
    12-11-13 06:41 PM
    I kept the original screen film that came factory packed on my z30 but the little red triangle that indicates where you should peel it off stood out like a sore thumb and was driving me crazy!

Do you use a screen protector on Z30?-img_00001527.jpg

So now I've got the screen protector that came with the Otterbox Commuter but I screwed up the application and now there's a couple flecks of dust trapped under there that are leaving tiny air pockets which I can't iron out! Gah! Reading this thread is making me seriously consider ripping the protector off and just letting this beautiful screen live naked and free in all of its glory.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:02 PM
    I use screen protector from the first day on all devices I have so far.
    12-11-13 08:17 PM
    I have always used a screen protector. Just for safety. Invisible shield HD from zagg.com are awesome. Can't even notice is on.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:56 PM
    I kept the original screen film that came factory packed on my z30 but the little red triangle that indicates where you should peel it off stood out like a sore thumb and was driving me crazy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001527.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	229160

So now I've got the screen protector that came with the Otterbox Commuter but I screwed up the application and now there's a couple flecks of dust trapped under there that are leaving tiny air pockets which I can't iron out! Gah! Reading this thread is making me seriously consider ripping the protector off and just letting this beautiful screen live naked and free in all of its glory.

Posted via CB10
    After some time, I was able to peel the red triangle off and maintain the original screen protector.

Posted via my sexay Z30 using the latest updated CB10 without auto scrolling issues!!!!!
    12-11-13 09:23 PM
    After some time, I was able to peel the red triangle off and maintain the original screen protector.

Posted via my sexay Z30 using the latest updated CB10 without auto scrolling issues!!!!!
    Nuts!!!! I didn't even realise that the triangle was a separate piece! And it was so perfectly placed by the manufacturer too!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:38 PM
    Nuts!!!! I didn't even realise that the triangle was a separate piece! And it was so perfectly placed by the manufacturer too!

Posted via CB10
    Lol, ya after so much swiping I noticed a bit of a lip on it. Slowly but surely I peeled it off from the top down.

12-11-13 09:41 PM
    Yes. I use Martin Fields brand.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:55 PM
    The Z30 screen almost feels to slick. It only bothers me when I type. My fingers kinda slip across the letters. It honestly feels too good but it also makes me nervous w/o a protector. I had a protector on my Z10 since the first day so I don't remember how the screen felt. I just ordered a screen protector today though.

Brought to you by...My sweet Z30
    12-12-13 12:58 AM
    No screen protector for me. The Z30 has a more durable screen than my old BB (Torch 9850), and that thing didn't get any noticeable scratches after 2+ years of naked use.
    12-12-13 02:03 AM
    Using the Clarivue ultra clear screen protector. I recommend this to every z30 user. It does not collect finger prints nor make the screen feel any different.

Case: Flip Case
    Screen Protector : Clarivue ultra clear

I also recommend transform case screen protector as well.

I dropped my device few times and I have yet to have any scratches or cracks on my screen. $20 dollar saved mea 400 dollar phone. Well worth it for me.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-12-13 02:18 AM
    In Toronto, you can find at Future Shop the ZAGG brand of screen protectors and on the CrackBerry online shop as well. They are quite pricy but well worth it. On my previous phone, I went through numerous cheaper products and almost gave up on the whole concept.Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055
    Thank you Bernard.

I'm told the ZAGG protectors come with a lifetime warranty. If they ever scratch or peel they'll replace it for free. That sounds pretty good. I found a place that sells them in Fairview Mall. As an option, they charge $5 to install it. Probably worth it, no stress of installing it on an angle or getting dirt under it. lol
    Last edited by Senna127; 12-12-13 at 05:03 PM.
    12-12-13 08:30 AM
    Yes I use a screen protector, I have tried several as a matter of fact.
    The Chinese made protectors are terrible,
    Sharp edges and poor quality all over.
    At the moment I have a I smooth protector,
    which is very transparent and the edges are smooth.
    But the big problem with any protector is the fact that they cannot cover the whole screen because of the rounded screen edges.
    So swiping left right and up down is a finger catching experience a lot of times.
    That is the downside.
    But it protects the screen, obviously.
    This said, can the screen be used without protection? Our fingers don't damage the screen in the long run?
    This is me asking questions, anybody with a solid answer. I hope this has helped some of you.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:40 AM
    I have a Skinomi skin on my Z30 now. I used it because my usual brand, Best Skins Ever didn't have anything available (and still don't) .

I definitely prefer the Best Skins Ever over the Skinomi. They both feel the same, but the big difference is when the skin is dented. A Best Skins Ever dent will disappear after some time. While the Skinomi dent will stay.

Come on Best Skins Ever and get us a Z30 skin.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 10:06 AM
    I have a screen shield brand. Got 6 in there for the price of �2 in ebay. Has a matte touch to it

Posted via My Awesome Z30 running 10.2.1.1055
    12-12-13 10:49 AM
    Any screen protectors that fit perfectly? The privacy screen protector I bought does not fit the whole Z30 perfectly. There's some space on the sides but not much at all. With my Otterbox Commuter case on it you can barely tell at all. Maybe I'm picky? LOL!

@DJBrianS | C0001F285
    12-12-13 12:30 PM
    Never use them... i live the feel of the screen on the Z30.. so smooth!

Posted via CB10
    Werd. Same goes for playbook.

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 06:01 PM
86 1234