Seems so counter intuitive.

I'm reading the reviews in BlackBerry World and some say it's a good idea others question the need.

So what are all you guys doing?

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    02-14-14 10:20 AM
    Good judgment tends to be the easiest, fastest and cheapest anti virus.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and toobs623 like this.
    02-14-14 10:26 AM
    Seems so counter intuitive.

I'm reading the reviews in BlackBerry World and some say it's a good idea others question the need.

So what are all you guys doing?

My thoughts are BEFORE the implementation of the Android "world", security was a BB strong point, hence the buisiness world utilized BB, but now that Android "open" source apps are now being allowed, I think that DOES open up the platform (and all others) for this to start to become a possible nessecity........

c
    02-14-14 10:27 AM
    My thoughts are BEFORE the implementation of the Android "world", security was a BB strong point, hence the buisiness world utilized BB, but now that Android "open" source apps are now being allowed, I think that DOES open up the platform (and all others) for this to start to become a possible nessecity........

c
    android apps run in a program...thus its like having a house with a panic room, blackberry has run of the house were .. android is only allowed to play in the little room and is not aloud out..
    02-14-14 10:54 AM
    android apps run in a program...thus its like having a house with a panic room, blackberry has run of the house were .. android is only allowed to play in the little room and is not aloud out..
    So Android apps don't have access to pictures and contacts?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:23 AM
    Is it nessesary or recommanded to install a antivirus app in a BB10 device?

I mean the sicurity of BB10 is so tight and strong already.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:28 AM
    So Android apps don't have access to pictures and contacts?

Posted via CB10
    Only if you grant permission to pictures and contacts. Except for that issue with BES they would not be allowed to if you don't want them to, but you couldn't use the app anyway if it is an Android app. If it is asking for permissions that make no sense to the functionality of the app (flashlight apps don't need your contacts for example) then you probably should avoid these apps.

You will need an Antivirus app if you are planning on installing apps from unknown sources that could potentially be harmful. Your device, as secure as it is, relies on your own judgement to make it water tight. Thurask knows what's up. lol. Be your own device security. If you can't be bothered then an AntiVirus app may be what you need. Just remember just because you put your trust in an app doesn't mean it is infallible. It may miss some security vulnerabilities that only you can prevent. Stay safe.
    Last edited by eddy_berry; 02-14-14 at 11:36 AM. Reason: mistakes...
    02-14-14 11:35 AM
    So the consensus is if you purchase and run apps from BlackBerry World your risk of infection is mitigated versus running android apk from Snap et al?

02-14-14 11:38 AM
    Only if you grant permission to pictures and contacts. Except for that issue with BES they would not be allowed to if you don't want them to, but you couldn't use the app anyway if it is an Android app. If it is asking for permissions that make no sense to the functionality of the app (flashlight apps don't need your contacts for example) then you probably should avoid these apps.
    Just like normal Android then, so the safe room analogy is false.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 12:36 PM
    So the consensus is if you purchase and run apps from BlackBerry World your risk of infection is mitigated versus running android apk from Snap et al?

They are at least checked by Trend Micro for known viruses.
    BlackBerry partners with security vendor for malware protection | Computer Dealer News
    02-14-14 01:17 PM
    We have a firewall (however android is not really working allong with rules) and we have blackberry security and trend micro in da house but if that is enough I have no Idea an as soon max protection on BB world is cheaper I will buy it
    02-14-14 03:23 PM