Problem with all bb10 phones is... when that screen cracks... that's it.. no response no nothing...

Most other phones.. you can still use the phone even tho its cracked

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    We had a service fellow out today and he pulls out his phone to get some information. Wasn't sure of the make but definitely not BlackBerry. The screen is badly shattered, almost to the point where I thought he was going to cut his finger. But he kept right on using it like it was nothing and the phone worked perfectly. I'm thinking glad it's not an OS10 BlackBerry because one or two swipes he would have bled to death.......
    modine likes this.
    11-25-13 11:36 AM
    We had a service fellow out today and he pulls out his phone to get some information. Wasn't sure of the make but definitely not BlackBerry. The screen is badly shattered, almost to the point where I thought he was going to cut his finger. But he kept right on using it like it was nothing and the phone worked perfectly. I'm thinking glad it's not an OS10 BlackBerry because one or two swipes he would have bled to death.......
    I am super conscious of this when I use this z30. I feel like I could pry circles of glass out if I tried. I do feel like I could slice my finger while using it but that's not LOL stopping me from getting full use outta it. It's not pretty, and small slivers of glass are starting to extricate themselves. I don't have clear packing tape but will get some today. If I knew it was a valid solution and wouldn't make the phone unusable I would put clear nail polish over it...

This was my first full touchscreen phone. I wish I'd have known... how hamster-like they are. I wouldn't have put off buying the ugly ottercase.
    howards likes this.
    11-25-13 12:40 PM
    Title should be "Do not drop any of your devices." OtterBox and the rest of these companies that make protective cases are in business for nothing. None are built to withstand drops. I'm pretty sure we have all dropped them, and the damage sustained depends on the landing point. Drop any of these types of devices and let the corner of it hit the ground, and I'm pretty sure the results would be similar.
    11-25-13 12:44 PM
    Title of the thread should be changed to "Do not drop your smartphone naked!"

Posted via CB10
    Honestly - I don't think it matters what you are wearing.
    modine, BB_Junky and howards like this.
    11-25-13 12:55 PM
    Honestly - I don't think it matters what you are wearing.
    If I had not been naked I would have reacted more quickly since my buttocks would not have been glued to my chair. It's a valid point.
    Thachoc1 and howards like this.
    11-25-13 01:18 PM
    If it is physical or liquid damage, then it is not replaceable or refundable. Unless you purchased insurance that covers such events. I purchased insurance on my Z10, so if I physically damage it, or it gets liquid damage - I'm covered. Even if mine is lost or stolen, I'm still covered due to the insurance. Sometimes they can sell you insurance after but close to the purchase date.

Posted via CB10
    modine likes this.
    11-25-13 03:08 PM
    If it is physical or liquid damage, then it is not replaceable or refundable. Unless you purchased insurance that covers such events. I purchased insurance on my Z10, so if I physically damage it, or it gets liquid damage - I'm covered. Even if mine is lost or stolen, I'm still covered due to the insurance. Sometimes they can sell you insurance after but close to the purchase date.

Posted via CB10
    Actually they will cover water or physical damage under certain circumstances.

Do not drop your z30-coverage.jpg
    11-25-13 04:23 PM
    If I had not been naked I would have reacted more quickly since my buttocks would not have been glued to my chair. It's a valid point.
    We're talking about phones here! No phone sex please

Posted via CB10
    modine likes this.
    11-25-13 04:58 PM
    This is why I always insist on extended warranty + insurance. Plus I pay with MasterCard which helps. Screen protectors help a ton and if the screen does break, almost all of the companies will take care of it for you. The fact that the digitizer still works supports my case that it does use Gorilla Glass instead of the Touch on Screen that the Z10 uses. I am without a case right now until mine comes, dropped it last night from about 3 feet onto carpet with no issues.
    Carpet is great. We moved into a home that has very unforgiving tiled floors and a kitchen full of granite. Anything delicate dropped on either of those is history. It's like walking around a minefield. The only place we have carpet is the bedroom. A safe haven in case of drop.....
    11-26-13 06:45 PM
    I dropped my z10 from a fairly high point on concrete and only dented the plastic rim. I did the same with my 9900 once while I was running and I completely smashed the screen. It all depends on the way the phone hit the ground.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 09:08 PM
60 123