Ok, this is hardly the end of the world, but it does puzzle me. Various newspaper sites use Disqus as their software of choice for comments, and you can turn email notifications of replies on. From the laptop, or from my old 9900, you could reply to email directly and it would post. With the Playbook, and with the Z30, it doesn't - it just vanishes into the ether. I just ignored the issue on the Playbook and put it down to some random glitch, but when the same thing happened with the Z30 it's obviously something inherent in how it handles emails.

I'm trying to work out why. Any thoughts? Going to the website and posting directly is always an option, but it's a bit laborious on the move. Hardly a disaster, but an odd one.
    05-19-14 01:12 PM
    Odd, have you used the same email all along? Do they have 2 way authentication now?
    05-19-14 08:25 PM
    Yes, it's the same email address. And it still works with direct reply from the laptop, as it always did from the Bold. It's one of those where I can't even think what the reason could be to try and fix it, I'm completely puzzled.
    NJanitz likes this.
    05-20-14 04:11 AM
    Ok, this is hardly the end of the world, but it does puzzle me. Various newspaper sites use Disqus as their software of choice for comments, and you can turn email notifications of replies on. From the laptop, or from my old 9900, you could reply to email directly and it would post. With the Playbook, and with the Z30, it doesn't - it just vanishes into the ether. I just ignored the issue on the Playbook and put it down to some random glitch, but when the same thing happened with the Z30 it's obviously something inherent in how it handles emails.

I'm trying to work out why. Any thoughts? Going to the website and posting directly is always an option, but it's a bit laborious on the move. Hardly a disaster, but an odd one.
    05-20-14 04:29 PM
    My BBZ30 is messed up, I'm ready to go back to my BBBOLD9650!!! No contacts,bb email not allowed,not syncing with Yahoo email in calendar, now have 3! Facebook Accts?!! Fed up!. Verizon sends page from BlackBerry knowledge boards?! We all know what a waste of time that is!! I'm going to wipe this Z30 clean! Going back to my BlackBerry Bold 9650!! After more than a week of Frustration, I'm done! Never thought going from one BlackBerry to another would be such a Nightmare?! Switching from my Android to my Bold 9650 was easy by comparison!!
    05-20-14 04:37 PM
    Odd, have you used the same email all along? Do they have 2 way authentication now?
    Yes they do and if disqus dies tomorrow I'd not miss it one bit. I actually hate it being used on so many sites.

It's a Web service adding another function to something that wasn't less secure or broken.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 07:46 AM
    Yes they do and if disqus dies tomorrow I'd not miss it one bit. I actually hate it being used on so many sites.

It's a Web service adding another function to something that wasn't less secure or broken.

Posted via CB10
    Agree it's pretty terrible - so what does the two way authentication mean? That there's no work around?
    05-21-14 07:56 AM