Hello,
    I recently broke the glass of my z30, and decided to buy a new one.
    When I disassembled the phone, though, I realized that my piece didn't have a "frame" that the original had. So I wasn't able to attach the new one. I figured I could use the original frame, but I don't how: is this possible?

[I'd post them as links but I can't yet]
    my piece: goo.gl/QSQhbq
    the one I actually needed: goo.gl/pCYjnL

Thank you in advance!
    09-04-15 05:10 PM
    It is a pain to replace just the glass and screws up the proximity sensors. You can get the part from ETrade Supply
    http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...berry-z30.html
    Just 8 screws and monitor plug (motherboard to screen) and you're done.

Z30 STA 100-3/10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 09:12 PM
    Here is mine.
    Display replacement doesn't have the "frame"-crackberry-image-11-.jpg
    Before

Display replacement doesn't have the "frame"-crackberry-image-12-.jpg

Display replacement doesn't have the "frame"-crackberry-image-13-.jpg
    After

Z30 STA 100-3/10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 09:14 PM
    I think there are a few discussions of that issue. Most say it is much easier with the full frame assembly.

Let's see if there are some folks who have done it with the glass.
    09-04-15 09:16 PM
    If I remember correctly, the Z30 screen/digitizer is glued to the frame.
    It can be changed but the risk is great.
    The screen glue separation method involves a heat gun and lots of patients.

It is best to just change out the screen/digitizer/frame assembly as a whole.... that can be done in a few minutes using just a T5 Torx screw driver and a small plastic connector lifter tool.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 09-06-15 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Typo
    09-05-15 08:41 AM
    Yep, if I decide to buy a new one, with the whole piece, it becomes a simple task.

If I remember correctly, the Z30 screen/digitizer is glued to the frame.
    It can be changed but the risk is great.
    The screen glue separation method involves a heat gun and lots of patients.
    So it is possible, it just isn't worth it. I guess I could try anyway: if I mess up I'll buy the new one.

If anyone has done this and has tips to share, they're welcome!
    09-06-15 07:06 AM
    I just found this thread.

I broke my Z30-screen as well yesterday. Then, after couple of minutes of searching the web, some people (and even here in this thread) recommended the website ETradeSupply.

Do you know if this is really a trustworthy website with original screens? I know it says "OEM BlackBerry Z30 screens" - but is it really the exact same screen that is built in every BlackBerry that leaves the factory? Where does this company get these screens from?

I bought mine in Germany (100-2) - so, apparently the "LCD screen for 4G model" is guaranteed the right one? I am bit confused. ETradeSupply says "this is for the 4G model. Not the US nor the 3G model." But what is a 3G model? Or is this screen for 4G models that are bought in Canada/US etc. like the 100-5 model?

Thanks!
    Last edited by iFall; 09-07-15 at 03:55 PM.
    09-07-15 03:04 PM
    There are two screen models: the verizon version and every other version. Unless specifically stated, you're probably getting the worldwide GSM version.

etradesupply is fine, but takes bout a month if you chose free shipping.
    If you can get it shipped from somewhere other than China, you're better off. The screen is oem though, everything is exactly identical.
    09-07-15 04:08 PM
    I just found this thread.

I broke my Z30-screen as well yesterday. Then, after couple of minutes of searching the web, some people (and even here in this thread) recommended the website ETradeSupply.

Do you know if this is really a trustworthy website with original screens? I know it says "OEM BlackBerry Z30 screens" - but is it really the exact same screen that is built in every BlackBerry that leaves the factory? Where does this company get these screens from?

I bought mine in Germany (100-2) - so, apparently the "LCD screen for 4G model" is guaranteed the right one? I am bit confused. ETradeSupply says "this is for the 4G model. Not the US nor the 3G model." But what is a 3G model? Or is this screen for 4G models that are bought in Canada/US etc. like the 100-5 model?

Thanks!
    I have had my replacement screen plus frame on for months with no problems. I am now replacing the battery.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 04:25 PM
    I have done the screen replacement only. I have the Black frame with the white VZW face. The oreo dont look bad at all. I used a heat gun and a thin line of gorilla glue and 2hrs after it sets ,you're good to go.

DS

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 06:00 AM