Heyall,

I've bought a new z30 from a local retailer from my country (really, new).
    The price of phones here are pretty higher from USA prices and the price I paid could get me something similar to a Samsung J1 or even 1/3 of a new iphone se (just to make comparison easier).
    I've tried to read as much as I could about the phone and most people love it (even newer 2017 reviews) and seems unbeatable for the price.
    I know bb10 is dead, apps support is dying as well, but since android apps are supported, still seems ok to use android apps on it.
    I'm not an app addicted, I just need most of the basic stuff: Whatsapp, uber, sofascore, maps, musixmatch, bank and credit card apps. I've even downloaded the tool to patch android apps to help out.
    Since I'm getting the phone next week, what are your thoughts?
    Keep the z30 when it arrives or find something else android/ios?
    03-31-18 12:38 PM
    Since you require those apps (especially banking apps), I don't recommend you to get the Z30. If you do decide to get it, just remember that app support for android apps is limited to the 4.3 android runtime of BB10. This means that MANY android apps do not work anymore. I would go for the iPhone or another android device if I were you.
    03-31-18 03:58 PM
    Since your "basics" aren't exclusively email, phone calls, or SMS, save yourself the trouble and find something else.
    joseanmx likes this.
    03-31-18 04:01 PM
    I wouldn't do it if I were you.

BB10 as a whole is a pet project for existing users. I cant't and won't recommend any BB10 phone.

You mentioned a lot of apps as core apps that you needed. Most, if not all, aren't available natively. That's a lot of workarounds that could fail at any time.

BB10's runtime is frozen in a glacier never to be updated again.

I wish you the best.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    03-31-18 04:16 PM
    ^^^^^^
    What everyone above said already is true. Good luck....
    03-31-18 04:38 PM
    No not if you want those applications. Its better for files, good for mail.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-18 10:58 PM
    Heyall,

The price of phones here are pretty higher from USA prices and the price I paid could get me something similar to a Samsung J1 or even 1/3 of a new iphone se (just to make comparison easier).
    I've tried to read as much as I could about the phone and most people love it (even newer 2017 reviews) and seems unbeatable for the price.
    I know bb10 is dead, apps support is dying as well, but since android apps are supported, still seems ok to use android apps on it.
    I'm not an app addicted, I just need most of the basic stuff: Whatsapp, uber, sofascore, maps, musixmatch, bank and credit card apps. I've even downloaded the tool to patch android apps to help out.
    Give it a try and let us know.... otherwise give it a try with a iPhone se. I am using one (sometimes I use a Passport, a Leap or a Nokia 5), and it is a pretty nice experience. Although I like my Nokia 5, I dot not like the lack of privacy embedded in Android....

Posted via CB10
    04-29-18 02:07 AM
    Heyall,

Personally I would keep it, but just to take apart or rebuild it as a pasttime.. Has some unique features that make them worth while for the right price. Otherwise no it is not very modern, and will require a bit of a learning phase to get used to it's highs and lows.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-18 11:35 PM
    You mentioned banking apps. This is one area where BB10 is really falling behind.
    Most North American banking apps no longer work and in some cases not even the Web pages will work.

Whatsapp is also uncertain. Many on BB10 are now having trouble getting the (unsupported) Android versions to work.

There really is NO future for BB10 in the mix of apps you are intending to use.
    05-01-18 08:28 AM
    I just came back to my Z30 after the company I was working for made me use an iPhone (bought the iPhone 6S, 128 gb). Did not like. Because I use 4 accounts, which is fine in Hub, I confused the iPhone. Example: make an appointment but where, which account? Set an alarm, and have it not ring or alert me.

Use the Z30. But.....

Banking apps can work or be accessed through the browser with the bank's mobile setup.

But do not push things that fail. If it can work, good. If not, then give up early.

Sounds like you already ordered, so maybe you are stuck.
    05-09-18 08:39 AM
    BlackBerry Z30 is a damn good phone but lack of apps, if you can live with that you'll be happy to have it.
    Until now I'm still using it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-18 06:06 AM
    Yea for typing, and editing files BB10 is no nonsense and a good choice. Language and Input settings and spell check options help leave headaches with android auto caps.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 05-12-18 at 04:23 AM.
    05-11-18 08:03 AM
    I got the ring doorbell and a smart garage door opener and that pretty much puts my Z30 out to pasture. I just use this phone as a music player for my cars.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-18 09:52 PM
    Heyall,

So what did you do?

Curiosity has got me...

Sent from a Blackkberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-26-18 10:00 PM
    Z30 THE STURDY ONE. As per your requirements, Calls, chats and Maps should be fine. Uber and Banking app depends upon your daily commuting and Daily banking transactions.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-18 03:53 AM