My Verizon Z30 may be in trouble!!!! I only use the Z30 with Blend as it has been replaced for normal use with the Priv. This morning Blend was NOT Blending. The Tylt charger's green led was not on. Looked at the Z30 and it was off. Battery was dead when I tried restarting it. Plugged into charger and it charged and Blend came back. But I just put it on the Tylt again and nothing. Tried another Qi charger - nothing. I remembered you could pop the back off figuring I'd look for the antenna. Back off - BATTERY BULGING. Really misshapen.

Guess I should not play games with Lithium battery. SAD! I guess I could investigate a new battery. I wonder if it is still covered my Verizon insurance or it that's been moved to the Priv. I will have to ask on the forums. I possibly could move Blend operations to the Z10! But it was not Qi charging. I wonder if leaving it continually on the Qi charger was a mistake?

Anyone know how hard it is to replace the Z30's battery? Any links to replacement parts?
    10-01-16 05:44 PM
    There's a guide on iFixit: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/BlackBe...lacement/38581

As for finding replacement batteries, you could try finding a for-parts Z30 on eBay.
    FF22 and Avenzuno like this.
    10-01-16 06:00 PM
    There's a guide on iFixit: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/BlackBe...lacement/38581

As for finding replacement batteries, you could try finding a for-parts Z30 on eBay.
    Thanks. Some delicate looking cables/connectors and thingies!!! Not sure that I'm up to the task.
    bajaa likes this.
    10-01-16 07:38 PM
    Replacing the Z30 battery is relatively easy imho. Literally took me less than 10 minutes to replace it the first time after phone went for a swim. The reason it even took that much time was the time taken to gently pry the battery off the case because of the black sticky stuff used to attach to case. Much quicker replacement the second time go around.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Avenzuno like this.
    10-01-16 09:35 PM
    I found a place that can repair it. I initially forgot that the Verizon "mid-frame" on the Z30 is different. I see on one site what I think is only the battery. But I don't know if that presents additional issues. I did mention that the Verizon Z30 has Qi charging.

Cell Phone and PDA: BlackBerry Z30 Z30 LTE STA100-1 STA100-2 STA100-3 STA100-4 S Battery: BatteryClerk.com
    10-03-16 07:01 PM
    It is very easy to replace compared to other non-removable battery devices.
    I did it to mine here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...swell-1024740/
    (Unfortunately, the Amazon links to the battery seller I used are no longer working)
    Yes, your Z30 STA100-3 Verizon version, like mine, has all different large parts from all the other Z30 models.
    However, the battery is the same.
    You can get the mid-frame with a battery already glued in, but it's fairly simple to get the old battery out of your current mid-frame and pop in a replacement.

NOTE: The video says the driver needed is a T4 Philips, this in incorrect. The correct driver is T5 Torx.
    The STA100-3 Verizon Z30 also has a different screw count and locations.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-16 07:07 PM
    Perhaps Crack Berry store still have them. Not that difficult to replace.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-04-16 11:25 AM
    If you can't find a new midframe for the Verizon model, I would be willing to bet the battery from the other models may be the same. If you'd like to compare yours, here's one from my Z30 STA100-5 (most common model)

Richard
    FF22 likes this.
    10-05-16 01:50 PM
    If you can't find a new midframe for the Verizon model
    Reasonably priced Verizon Z30 mid frames have been harder to come by lately.
    10-05-16 02:33 PM
    I spoke too soon.

X00 mid frame sans battery. (pre-production). Now I can replace my cracked power button.
    Silver Middle Backplate Frame Housing Replacement For Blackberry Z30 A10 Verizon

$7.99 well spent.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-05-16 03:16 PM
    I spoke too soon.

X00 mid frame sans battery. (pre-production). Now I can replace my cracked power button.
    Silver Middle Backplate Frame Housing Replacement For Blackberry Z30 A10 Verizon

$7.99 well spent.
    "out of stock!" I'm hoping the place I found can find the battery. I might call them tomorrow and check.
    10-05-16 05:54 PM
    If you can't find a new midframe for the Verizon model, I would be willing to bet the battery from the other models may be the same. If you'd like to compare yours, here's one from my Z30 STA100-5 (most common model)

Richard
    The battery itself for the Z30 is the same for all Z30 models.
    The frame the battery is glued into is different between STA100-3 and all other Z30 models, but just "peel" out the bad battery from the frame and stick in a new one.
    Or if you can't find just the battery, gently work the new battery out of the "different" frame and stick it into the defective battery device's frame.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-05-16 07:30 PM
    The battery itself for the Z30 is the same for all Z30 models.
    The frame the battery is glued into is different between STA100-3 and all other Z30 models, but just "peel" out the bad battery from the frame and stick in a new one.
    Or if you can't find just the battery, gently work the new battery out of the "different" frame and stick it into the defective battery device's frame.
    Yep, exactly my point. If the Verizon midframe is not available, others are, and assuming the battery is the same it can just be swapped over. Thanks for confirming that it is indeed the same battery.

Richard
    DaFoxGrey and FF22 like this.
    10-06-16 07:30 AM