I am new to Crackberry. I would like to share my experience with Blackberry in India. I brought a Z30 on 1st November 2013. I like Z30’s build quality, BB10 UI and specially BB Hub, It’s a great phone from Blackberry. Later I found that the handset having WiFi problems and hangs up quite often; also the battery was under-performing giving only 8-9 hrs of standby time. I reported the all the issues to the blackberry, 1st they re-installed the phone’s OS which did not solve the issues, So I asked Blackberry to replace the faulty device.

HCL (service partner of Blackberry India) asked me to make some videos showing the problems. I made a video and shared with them, but they were not convinced and asked me to make another video, so I make 2nd video. (I don’t know how to show the battery under-performance in a video maybe HCL/Blackberry knows....)

Finally, I was informed by Blackberry that they will swap the device and give me a new Z30 with different IMEI in 7 days. I submitted the device at Blackberry Service center on 18th November, after 18 days on 6th Dec I got a call from Blackberry informing that “Device is ready after repairs, kindly collect it”. I am very saddened with the service provided HCL (service partner of Blackberry India), they can’t even keep their own commitments. I even directly tried to contact Blackberry India but couldn’t reach them since all Blackberry services are handled by HCL only.

I personally like Blackberry, but after experiencing the bad services provided by Blackberry service partner in India, I guess more customers will switch to other alternatives and it will also keep potential customers away. If Blackberry doesn’t improve its services in near future I guess they don’t deserve to stay in the highly competitive Smartphone market.
    12-10-13 07:19 AM
    I was very disappointed with the service I got when I had some bricking devices. But I believe that was the carriers' policy that I was hitting up against. I don't believe that BlackBerry can be blamed for that.

I'm sorry you're disappointed. I know how that felt for me. But please know that you are welcome at CB!!!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-10-13 07:59 AM
    What OS are you running? And was the dropped Wifi always with the same network or all networks? There's a service screen in settings to see where your resources are being used the most. It's odd that anyone asks for a video for that kind of stuff.
    12-10-13 08:05 AM
    You should contact Blackberry Canada directly and inform them of this experience with their service centre. Maybe they can straighten things out for future customers.

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    abhi7848 and bapi3113 like this.
    12-10-13 08:06 AM
    except that he's in India and BlackBerry hasn't got a toll free number for service.
    12-10-13 09:29 AM
    except that he's in India and BlackBerry hasn't got a toll free number for service.
    There are many ways to communicate this day in age.

12-10-13 10:53 AM

Indeed, I'd actually would try contacting them via Twitter or Facebook. Go public and state your problems. Many others can see how a company reacts. They are more or less forced to take care of your problems, unless they want to look bad for the rest of the world.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    12-10-13 11:09 AM
    If it was Samsung, they would have sent you a threat letter and all.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 11:15 AM
    What OS are you running? And was the dropped Wifi always with the same network or all networks? There's a service screen in settings to see where your resources are being used the most. It's odd that anyone asks for a video for that kind of stuff.
    OS was 10.2 official version. I have faced the same WiFi problems, using 3 different cellular providers (Vodafone, Reliance & Aircel). I have to connect WiFi without SIM but the problem remains the same.
    12-10-13 12:54 PM

The Z30 box contains a Toll free number 1800 425 3720 & a Email ID- blackberrysupport@redington.co.in. I tried to contact Blackberry India both the way. The customer care representative gave me Blackberry's email ID (help@blackberry.com) when I sent a mail, I got the same nonsense response from Blackberry Care (bbcare@hcl.com) and the email id (blackberrysupport@redington.co.in) does not exists.
    12-10-13 01:49 PM
    Indeed, I'd actually would try contacting them via Twitter or Facebook. Go public and state your problems. Many others can see how a company reacts. They are more or less forced to take care of your problems, unless they want to look bad for the rest of the world.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    I have tried all the possible methods, so far no positive response from Blackberry and HCL is making Blackberry’s after-sales service worse. I guess like Mr. Thorsten Heins, Blackberry India CEO Mr Sunil Lalvani is also least interested to take care about Blackberry's development. I haven’t seen any TV or newspaper ads since the launch of Z10 in India. Hope that Mr. JohnChen will improve the things otherwise in this present scenario I will be very difficult for Blackberry to survive.
    12-10-13 03:01 PM
    Wow sorry to hear your troubles. Has any of this been fixed since your device had been returned to you?

How long have you had the device and how long did it take for these problems to show? Did they start immediately after you started using it? How many email accounts do you have synced to the device? How many hours does the battery last on average? All important questions for batterey life.

If you have loaded up the system with your accounts and applications it may take some time to settle down after which you will notice a significant increase in battery performance. Reloading the OS will just make it start all over again.

As for the wifi issue, does this happen at all wifi hotspots? Something similar had happened to my sister in England where she didn't have control over the shared router so she could not do anything. She has since moved out from that flat and is on her own wifi with no issues at all.

Hope everything works out and that the service gets better in your region. I can understand the frustration.
    bapi3113 likes this.
    12-10-13 03:14 PM
    I feel your pain bapi3113. I live in Toronto and Rogers is my provider.

My 1st. Z30 arrived Nov. 4th. and was defective.
    My 2nd. Z30 arrived Nov. 25th. and was defective.
    My 3rd. Z30 arrived Dec. 4th. and was defective.
    My 4th. Z30 arrived today. I truly hope this one works!

Here's the details of my Z30 journey.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...my-z30-871046/
    bapi3113 likes this.
    12-10-13 03:16 PM
    Wow sorry to hear your troubles. Has any of this been fixed since your device had been returned to you?

How long have you had the device and how long did it take for these problems to show? Did they start immediately after you started using it? How many email accounts do you have synced to the device? How many hours does the battery last on average? All important questions for batterey life.

If you have loaded up the system with your accounts and applications it may take some time to settle down after which you will notice a significant increase in battery performance. Reloading the OS will just make it start all over again.

As for the wifi issue, does this happen at all wifi hotspots? Something similar had happened to my sister in England where she didn't have control over the shared router so she could not do anything. She has since moved out from that flat and is on her own wifi with no issues at all.

Hope everything works out and that the service gets better in your region. I can understand the frustration.

I found the WiFi connectivity issues in the first day during initial setup afterwards the WiFi setup hangs up every time I trying to connect any WiFi connection. I synced 2 email accounts, Twitter and Facebook. I also tried to check the battery performance by removing SIM card for a day, but the battery last for less then 12 hrs.
    12-11-13 02:54 AM
    I remember a few years ago when Rogers was telling me to contact RIM directly for my non-working unit. Received a brand new phone within two weeks.. good old days.. but now you have to go through carrier which is a pain in the you know what...

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    12-11-13 03:27 AM
    I remember a few years ago when Rogers was telling me to contact RIM directly for my non-working unit. Received a brand new phone within two weeks.. good old days.. but now you have to go through carrier which is a pain in the you know what...

Unfortunately carriers in India does not play any role in handset business accept Reliance Communications which is having a tie up with Apple Inc. One of my friend told me that 1 year ago the after-sales service was awesome. Since HCL is looking after the Blackberry service its getting worse.
    12-11-13 04:23 AM

Rogers has been pretty good. I received my third replacement Z30 in 5 weeks.
    12-12-13 05:51 PM
    Have your issues been fixed after they repaired the device?
    12-13-13 10:06 PM