Have done some searching but haven't been able to find anything. Alot have switched over so hoping for some suggestions .
    1. What happens to apps when you do the device switch? Is it better to delete the apps first and Re download to the new device after the switch.
    2. What happens to the android apps? And is it better to delete them first or does it make any difference
    Thanks for any advice...New Z30 supposed to be here tomorrow. Hope it is built and runs as good as my Z10 has for the last year .

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:29 PM
    Have done some searching but haven't been able to find anything. Alot have switched over so hoping for some suggestions .
    1. What happens to apps when you do the device switch? Is it better to delete the apps first and Re download to the new device after the switch.

All compatible apps will be installed, other apps won't show and you'll have to go to BBWorld to get them. Usually, Q devices have less support so i wouldn't bother at all. You only need to take action (delete/redownload) if an app is misbeheaving.

2. What happens to the android apps? And is it better to delete them first or does it make any difference

BBWorld android ports will be moved over. Direct installs and sideloaded ports won't.

Thanks for any advice...New Z30 supposed to be here tomorrow. Hope it is built and runs as good as my Z10 has for the last year .

Gee, despite the screen res, you are getting a major hardware bump. There is no way to be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    Have fun!
    04-01-14 09:35 PM
    When I got mine I just backed up my z10 on BlackBerry Link. Loaded the most current leak, did a full restore. I did have to side load snap, and then reinstall my app from there. If I remember right I had to go to BlackBerry World and install the app however there saved there for you and I didn't have to pay again. Good luck and hope this helps

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.2947 on AT&T
    04-01-14 09:36 PM
    All of my apps and settings moved over to my Z30 from my Z10. For my Android apps, I just used NFC to transfer the apk files until I could side load Snap.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:41 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Good information helps alot

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 10:37 PM
    You can even use bluetooth to move the APK apps from handsets
    04-02-14 12:33 AM
    Got my Z30 this afternoon. The device switch went smoothly . Love in it so far. Thanks for the tips

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    04-02-14 08:11 PM
    I have the BlackBerry Z30, and it's the best device I've ever owned. It has a great big bright screen, but is AMOLED so it won't drain the battery like a LCD screen does. The battery lasts a good two days with average use. The HUB is great, and the large virtual keyboard is great. The predictive text and auto-corretc are amazing. You can just "flick" words into place, and it will detect many languages. Very cool.

Accessories:

Note: I have all the Z30 accessories, including the BlackBerry leather holster, pocket, transform shell, backup battery, HDMI cable, and several non- BlackBerry accessories. They are all good, but some are more worthwhile than others.

The BlackBerry holster is a bit tight at first, but it has to be since the leather stretches with use. I have had holsters for both the BlackBerry Torch2 and the Z30, and I would get the holsters first before other accessories. Note that only the holsters will hold the cell phones the recommended 1.5 cms away from your body. The clip is also practical.

The BlackBerry pocket is similar but without the belt clip. Note that both the pocket and holsters have the internal magnets the shut off the phone automatically when you slide the phone in.

The BlackBerry flip case is a novel idea, but you have to take off the back of the phone to snap on the case, and you have to flip the case open to plug in the charging cable which is a bit awkward. The flip case is slim and looks great, but is less protective and a bit awkward.

The BlackBerry plastic Transform Shell is OK, but the flip-out stand is a little soft. I don't use it very much.

Also: Take a look at the HUGE range of Z30 cases made by "Head Case." They sell a lot of cases through eBay, and they have some really great designs.

The Otterbox Commuter case is good and not too bulky. I have the Glacier colour scheme. The Otterbox Defender version is good but note that it makes the phone very hefty and won't really fit into your jeans pocket. Otterbox is an excellent company, since they will completely replace either a broken part or send you a brand new product within a few days, even shipping fast at no charge to Canada. Otterbox instantly replaced both my Torch2 case and my Z30 case when they broke (yes, they can break with use).

The BlackBerry Gateway is good for streaming music to most stereo systems. The Gateway is compact, and plugs into a BlackBerry charger via USB cable, and you use the NFC to connect the phone to the device, and then Blue Tooth to live stream music to your stereo system. It can be used in your car if you have the adaptor

The BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker is light, compact, and gives decent sound for it's small size, however it's not worth the original $99 price ( I got it for only $30, which makes it well worth it).

The BlackBerry backup battery is compact and will last at mist one day. The PowerRocks 9000 mAh backup battery will last 4 to 6 days.

That's about it !

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-02-14 09:11 PM
    What you mean by the blackberry backup battery for the z30? Can you post a pic?

User of Z30, Q10 and Z10 - BBM PIN 2B60B2FB
    04-03-14 04:48 AM
    Um, BlackBerry produces it's own back-up battery for the Z30. It's slim and light weight, and has a built in cable. It has a LED that will glow green, amber, or red depending on level of charge. You can find it on the Crackberry shop, either the U.S. Or Canadian site.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 10:04 AM
    Here is the BlackBerry battery bundle description from the CrackBerry store. This bundle comes with the premium BlackBerry charger, which I find is much better than the stock charger included with my Z30:

BlackBerry 2100mAh Mobile Power Charger Micro-USB (MP-2100) with FREE BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB Charger for Z30:

List Price:�CAD 99.99
    PRICE:�CAD 49.95
    You Save:�CAD 50.04 (50% Off)
    Part# A17169
    Mnf# ACC-54538-001

Product Description:

Get this amazing BlackBerry 2100mAh Mobile Power Charger with a free fast charging BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB Charger.

The descriptions for both included items below:

BlackBerry 2100mAh Mobile Power Charger

The BlackBerry Mobile Power charger's discrete design is ideal for travelling. It keeps you moving by providing reliable charging on the go thanks to its 2100mAh backup power. Because this is an original BlackBerry unit, optimal performance with BlackBerry devices is guaranteed.

Original BlackBerry Backup Powerpack
    2100Mah Capacity

BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB Charger

The BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB Charger is made for maximum portability. Use it at home, or take it with you to the office, to the airport, or anywhere life takes you! You'll be able to keep your device charged and ready wherever you go.

The six-foot power cable maximizes flexibility, the adapter is Micro-USB compatible, and the folding design is also compatible with your BlackBerry BlackBerry Z30 for reliable charging on the go.

Features:

OEM BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB Charger
    Compact, Perfect for Travel
    Folding Blade Design

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 10:10 AM
    Thank you Toni. Unfortunately I live down under in Mozambique. Maybe I can look for when travelling to South Africa or next trip to Europe.

04-03-14 03:37 PM
    Oh, wow, so I guess it's not so easy for you to obtain BlackBerry products and accessories. Is there any chance of finding an on-line source for the BlackBerry 2100 mAh battery that will ship to Mozambique? I heard BlackBerry is popular in South Africa. There may be some available on eBay from a shipper who will ship to your country. I am in Canada so I'm able to buy most accessories either here or from an American source.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:59 PM
    The BlackBerry MP-2100 2100 mAh back up battery is on sale on eBay today (April 3rd 2014) for about 48US$, and the seller will ship worldwide. Just plug in the product description into the search bar on eBay.

Note: "Power Rocks" also makes rechargeable back-up batteries up to 9000 mAh.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 06:07 PM
    Thank you Toni. I'll have to travel to Johannesburg soon for meetings, should I have some I'll check at the nearest mall or at the airport free shop.

BB used to be very popular in SA (same here in Mozambique), but the lack of proper advertising, high price of new devices and the end of BIS plans for new devices, lead to other brands gain more popularity. It is still a BlackBerry country but... hope next Z3 will regain the market lost last 12 months or so.

04-04-14 01:23 AM
    OK - hope you find all the BlackBerry accessories you need! I also hope BlackBerry manages to retain some market share in Mozambique and South Africa, and elsewhere! Maybe the Z3 will help....

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 02:15 PM