03-02-14 10:17 PM
28 12
tools
    Device Switch problem from Z10 to Z30
    Hi Dears,
    I got my new Z30 and I tried to switch my old Z10 without luck, so I appreciate your help.
    1. Both devices are identical OS Release (10.2.1.2102) version (10.2.1.2141)
    2. I set up my Blackberry ID in the new Z30
    3. I used BB-Link via my PC and everything started fine and smooth, and I followed all instructions step by step.
    4. Until reaching to step (8 of 9 ) in the BB-Link, as you can see on the photo, a popup windows appear in my Z30 saying RESTORE IN PROGRESS

Device Switch problem from Z10 to Z30-23.jpg

5. But after 5 seconds, BB-Link cancel the restore process !!!

Device Switch problem from Z10 to Z30-4.jpg

Also, I tried to connect my Z30 to my PC and restore previous Z10 backup directly through BB-Link, but same issue and message the operation was cancelled

One more thing, I noticed that, the BBM is empty and showing message restoring your BBM information since yesterday.
    Device Switch problem from Z10 to Z30-b.jpg

I wiped my device and try several time but no luck ,
    Please I need your help, help, SOS
    02-28-14 08:01 AM
    Try to use another pc for the transfer. Thats what I did and the transfer became smoother

Z30 STA100-2
    02-28-14 08:04 AM
    Thank you very much for your swift reply,

I have just tried now with another PC, same problem

Any other ideas will be appreciated, I am working on it since morning

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 12:55 PM
    Do you have wifi file sharing turned on with either device? I saw that when I had that turned on both my Z30 and Z10 got in a weird connect/disconnect loop when plugged in. Did the BlackBerry device manager pop up any "device xxxx has been disconnected " messages?

Posted via CB10
    ehifawi likes this.
    02-28-14 07:28 PM
    Thanks for your reply, see my answers:
    Do you have wifi file sharing turned on with either device? I saw that when I had that turned on both my Z30 and Z10 got in a weird connect/disconnect loop when plugged in. I Did't understand your point !!, both devices are connected to the same WiFi network
    Did the BlackBerry device manager pop up any "device xxxx has been disconnected " messages? No, but after my point no. 5 above, the Z30 get restarted
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ehifawi; 02-28-14 at 11:29 PM.
    02-28-14 11:00 PM
    Thanks for your reply, see my answers:
    He means to that if you have wifi sharing on go take it off.
    Device Switch problem from Z10 to Z30-img_20140228_224727.png

Make sure Access by Wifi is off, on both devices.

Posted via CB10
    ehifawi likes this.
    02-28-14 11:48 PM
    Grateful for your clarification,
    I will make sure they are both "off" then I will wipe my Z30 and repeat again all the "Device Switch" steps using the BB-Link.

Do you have any advice before switching, such as inserting the SIM card or Media Card before switching or suggested setup to do.

I will be highly appreciate.
    03-01-14 12:04 AM
    Now, I wiped my Z30 and start the setup wizard as usual, BB-ID accepted. And before I start do anything, I opened the BBM and still showing the same message “restoring your BBM information” for more than 2 hours now.

I didn't start switch process.
    Device Switch problem from Z10 to Z30-b.jpg
    03-01-14 12:23 AM
    where are you at with your issue??
    ehifawi likes this.
    03-01-14 01:47 AM
    still the same

I think they are two issues not one, and none of them solved
    1. switching the device
    2. restoring the BBM (many people complain from same issue on the internet)
    03-01-14 01:54 AM
    I had a problem switching from Z10 to Z30, what I did to make it works is :
    - Full backup my Z10 with BBLink
    - Make sure Z10 and Z30 got same OS version
    - Update Z30 and security wipe
    - Restore Z10 backup to Z30 using partial restore 3 times to restore all (It didn't want to work all together)

Hope it helps.
    ehifawi likes this.
    03-01-14 02:56 AM
    Thank you for advice,

indeed, I did same but i will do it again now.
    however, after wiping Z30 did you setup it again before restoring the data?
    03-01-14 03:25 AM
    ok, I don't know where you are at ? but switching you have to do this : [ I have done many switches and never had a problem before] Z10 to Z30 included.
    switching is really transferring your info from previous device to new device so same OS is not critical. Active sync will transfer all your emails of all your accounts and sync all your contacts. So no problems .

SMS can be an issue, so you should backup your sms . There is an app on appworld to allows you to backup your sms to your media card.

your ID and your BBM are two different things. BBM is an app on its own. it just needs your BBI to match your account.

The problem you are having is because your BBM is not loaded properly that is why it is searching. Just because you have your ID does not mean your BBM is all done.

when you switch devices , if your BBM is correctly installed on your new device, after the switch is completed and you open your BBM on your new device, it will say to you that A BBM account is associated with another device and do you want this BBM [ the one on the new device] to take over. You say YES and It will transfer the account properly. But your BBM app must be installed properly on your new device.

so something has happened when you did the switching. I notice in your first post, you said you set up your BBID on your new device before starting the switch. That is not a correct procedure because your BBID is still on the Z10 that you have not switched yet. There could be the source of your problems.

the set up of your BBID is done after the switch on the new device [ Z30]. You set up the BBID , and then open BBM, it will match and download the previous info.

if all your OS were officials then BBM chats will transfer no problems. If you have different sourced OS [ even though they are the same] BBM chats may not transfer properly.

so start fresh.
    ehifawi likes this.
    03-01-14 03:52 AM
    Thank you for advice,

indeed, I did same but i will do it again now.
    however, after wiping Z30 did you setup it again before restoring the data?
    First setup yes with your BlackBerry ID otherwise the transfert of the backup will not be allowed.
    ehifawi likes this.
    03-01-14 04:14 AM
    First setup yes with your BlackBerry ID otherwise the transfert of the backup will not be allowed.

rico, you do not transfert backups. you transfer from one device to another and you restore a backup to the new device.

when you do a switch , there is no need to restore a backup. Since the transfer has occurred. If the transfer [ switch ] is not working properly, you should not restore a backup. all it does is mix a corrupt transfer with a "clean" backup.

you should wipe and restore if you are trying to restore info not successfully transferred.

with the BB10 os there is nothing to restore really?? everything is active sync. all you have is sms and BBM chats. or other app data. Those you should save to media card and restore to your device after switch.
    ehifawi likes this.
    03-01-14 04:21 AM
    Totally agree Redchili88, but my switch with BBLInk did not work and the only way for me to transfer from my Z10 to my new Z30 was like this, restoring the last backup from my Z10 to my Z30 after adding my BB id to the new Z30.
    03-01-14 05:23 AM
    Dear redchilli88

thank you very much for your reply and spent all the time to provide this long explanation. really appreciate.

OK, I wiped the Z30 just now and reload OS through BB-Link to make sure all apps are installed properly,

I will do the procedure as you mentioned (switching before setup) immediately before doing any change and before inserting the SIM & Media Card.
    but I think i did this step before and a massage comes from BB-Link showing "complete setup first in your new mobile" !!!
    Also before the switch start, BB-Link ask to login all accounts before switching !!! please advise

Until complete reloading OS, I will be waiting for any more advise.

And many thanks
    03-01-14 05:26 AM
    rico, you are correct, you added your BBid, not your bbm, ehifawi is having problems with his bbm....
    03-01-14 05:35 AM
    ok you have done a wipe and are loading the new os. Now what are you trying to get over to your new device?
    ehifawi likes this.
    03-01-14 05:37 AM
    Still the loading not completed through BB-Link, after that:
    1. i will press "switch device" on the BB-Link and follow the procedure
    2. i will setup my Z30 and BBID after switch completed

My question was, dose BB-Link accept to switch and restore data without setting up the device ?
    redchilli88 likes this.
    03-01-14 05:52 AM
    Oh my god,

as i told you, just when i connected my Z30, the BB-Link refuse to contenue without completing the setup and BBID

Device Switch problem from Z10 to Z30-5.jpg
    redchilli88 likes this.
    03-01-14 06:16 AM
    For my case, when I switched device and BlackBerry Link said it's okay for old device and new device connected at the sam time using separate USB ports, that's when I failed the switching procedure.

But when I connected the old device first and after finished, only then I disconnected the old device and connected the new device, then the switching was able to proceed till finished successful.

? BBM channeling at C003910CB (Tiger Daddy)
    ehifawi likes this.
    03-01-14 10:07 AM
    I want to thank all who tried to support and provide his advice.

Unfortunately, the two problems are still remaining after trying all solutions provided from all.
    For the Switching, it is not much important because most of my data in cloud except the SMS and apps setting.

but now the BBM issues is the most important, I wiped, reloaded, upgrade and downgrade the Z30 without luck. Finally I decided to create a new BBID to check if the problem from the device or BBM application OR from my BB account.
    it is work now, and this is to proof the problem not from the BBM account.
    During BBM setup (new account) i presed "restor using email" and i entered my old email account, then message shows " email not valid, there is no BBM account associated with this email" !!!

any suggestion ?
    redchilli88 likes this.
    03-01-14 02:42 PM
    Yes yes
    I solve it

Posted via CB10
    redchilli88 and DrePizzle like this.
    03-01-14 06:49 PM
    Yes yes
    I solve it

how??

Posted via CB10