There is a question about the screen of the Z30 I'm not able to answer and after having made some researches on the Internet, I didn't find any answer...
    When looking at an iPhone or a Z10, when screen is off, it is completely black. I mean you can not even differentiate the display itself from the rest of the hardware. It looks perfectly uniform on the whole surface of the phone.
    With the Z30 (like most of all Android phones) this works when you look at it faced to you eyes but if you look at it from another angle (e.g. When it lays on a table), you can clearly see the display borders. The display seems a little bit more blue/green than the rest of the surface.
    Can someone explain me this mystery? Is it due to the display technology (LCD, Amoled, Retina...)?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 11:46 AM
    There is a question about the screen of the Z30 I'm not able to answer and after having made some researches on the Internet, I didn't find any answer...
    When looking at an iPhone or a Z10, when screen is off, it is completely black. I mean you can not even differentiate the display itself from the rest of the hardware. It looks perfectly uniform on the whole surface of the phone.
    With the Z30 (like most of all Android phones) this works when you look at it faced to you eyes but if you look at it from another angle (e.g. When it lays on a table), you can clearly see the display borders. The display seems a little bit more blue/green than the rest of the surface.
    Can someone explain me this mystery? Is it due to the display technology (LCD, Amoled, Retina...)?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Good question. I never notice and can only assume it is related to Amoled display
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-07-15 04:10 PM
    The Z30 has an AMOLED screen, and when the screen is off, it is completely black to me.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    04-07-15 08:04 PM
    Look at it from the side, not from the front and try to reflect a lightning point. You will see it is not completely black.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 12:44 AM