Anyone else experiencing a decrease from previous battery life. I used to get 24 hours, now I barely get16.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 04:37 PM
    Yeah, many many people. There are probably 100s of threads on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 05:05 PM
    Anyone else experiencing a decrease from previous battery life. I used to get 24 hours, now I barely get16.

Posted via CB10
    A decrease since...?
    Installing a specific OS, installing a specific, or a number of, applications, running your device for several months, using a different charger...?
    Your battery life will decrease with age; batteries do this. Additionally, certain OS versions definitely get better battery life than others. Occasionally, a bad install or a restore of a backup containing slight or major issues and/or complications will affect battery life as well.
    I recommend looking at your device monitor in an attempt to discover if a certain application or system is draining you battery. For example, having BlackBerry Link wireless connections turned on definitely has a large and negative impact on battery life, as do applications that sync/push a lot of information and data.
    Give us some information, and maybe we can help you out!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 06:19 PM
    I had the same after updating 2 weeks ago. But now that the OS has settled in it's back to normal.
    Give it some time.
    07-23-14 06:44 PM
    Yeah I noticed it as well. First noticed it when I installed Amazon App Store. Then deleted it a week later, but my battery still continue to die faster. I have to charge my Z30 TWICE A day now.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 01:39 AM
    Mine starred after the recent update. I don't believe it is an aging battery issue as I would expect this to occur after 12 months.

I will go through the device monitor and see what it says.

What OS has the best battery life and can I reinstall it?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 09:58 AM
    Mine starred after the recent update. I don't believe it is an aging battery issue as I would expect this to occur after 12 months.

I will go through the device monitor and see what it says.

What OS has the best battery life and can I reinstall it?

Posted via CB10
    I'm running 10.2.1.3175, and my battery life is pretty good. I can't give you an overall average life, unfortunately, because I've been charging at odd intervals (if I have 25%+ when I head to bed, I'll wait until the morning to plug it in, etc.), but I'd say it's AT LEAST 20+ hours (I never have to charge it midday unless I didn't the day / night before) with bad cell coverage most of the day, wi-fi always on (although not always connected-- I use it at home but not at work), music to / from work with a ~30 min commute, and lots of texting, email, web browsing, etc. My laptop is out of commission at the moment, so I've been using my device for Netflix and such, and that does chew through the battery, but I usually only do so when I'm in for the night, so it's never been a real issue.

In device monitor, check to see if a certain application is downloading or uploading a lot of data, as that can be a culprit.

I will add that my screen brightness is around 40%.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 02:10 PM
    I have this too, nothing apparent in the monitor, it's just like everything must be sucking a bit more power. The only updates I've done are app updates.
    I used to charge every 3rd day and still have twenty-some percent left, now I get barely 2 days if I run it down to the bottom. I'd say my battery life was cut in half. I charge almost every night now just to make sure it won't die if I use it heavy the next day. It happened suddenly a few weeks ago.
    07-24-14 02:36 PM
    I am using the phone since October, I have installed Amazon app shop and few android apps, did all the OS upgrades only officials, and I have not noticed any decrease at all in my battery life

Sent from my Z 30
    07-24-14 03:07 PM
    Lol!

I experienced this decreased battery life after the Verizon update last week to 10.2.1.2976. It drained pretty fast shortly after the update and has increased steadily, but still is shorter life than before the update.

Go BB!
    07-24-14 03:12 PM
    Lol!

I experienced this decreased battery life after the Verizon update last week to 10.2.1.2976. It drained pretty fast shortly after the update and has increased steadily, but still is shorter life than before the update.

Go BB!
    Same here lol

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 04:05 PM