Dear Blackberry,

As a diehard blackberry user who has owned many blackberry phones over the years, I must say that I just recently upgraded from the z10 to z30, the z30 is by far the best Blackberry phone you have ever made to date. It is so sad that many people don't know much about this great phone, because it is just that good. I wish this was your phone on launch day with OS 10.2.

In 2014, my wish list from you is to create 4 phones only, but make it the best on the market with the best resolution, speakers(like z30), Fast processor, 64gb built in memory, powerful battery like the z30, amazing camera with excellent dynamic range.

OS: No question your OS 10 is what makes blackberry the best mobile OS out there.. Just make android installation easy for the general non tech users.. This will solve the problem with users saying that there are not enough apps on BB World, For me I have everything I need for my business use, but for general public this will change the way people look at Blackberry apps.

Hardware: Make maximum of 4 phones only, but again from my wish list above with screen resolution, memory, battery, design(must be SEXY) , Camera etc.

Phone 1: Similar size 5" to z30 but better resolution, camera and more internal memory (z50)

Phone 2: Same as above but 4" Display for those who don't want the large screen (z20)

Phone 3: Same , but a keyboard version to satisfy they keyboard lovers. (Q30)

Phone 4: Slide out phone (best of both worlds) (Zslide)

All these phones must have amazing built, and hardware from my wish list.

Marketing: You must show the general public why BB OS is the best out there, do demonstrations against the IPhone and android phones why BB is superior in Security, typing, multitasking , messaging (hub), speed, etc. .. I know when I show off my Z30 against a friends IPhone or Android phone, they are all shocked to see that BB can do what they do and plus more. Don't waste any more money on stupid super bowl commercials that make no sense. You will also need top celebrities to endorse your product, give it to them for free, let their branding power do the marketing for you. Do special appearances like the show Apprentice where they launch a new product. Go on Tech shows and show off your new device & OS on TV.. If they carriers don't want to play F@@@ them.. enough demand will force them to put your phones on the shelves. Create a niche market attracts clients.. Also almost everyone who I show the Z30 to, they all think you are dead.. Get back in the headlines that you are here to stay.. Bring back the confidence back to the general public.. Remember most of these people who are Android & IOS were past blackberry users.. Go back to being the leader of innovation and others will follow.. Don't give us half *** hardware,,

These are my thoughts as a hardcore BB user...
    12-08-13 08:17 PM
    I can dig it, but I did move your thread to the appropriate forum based on content.
    12-08-13 08:22 PM
    It's a cool wish list! It's Christmas time so you might get your wish list approved I agree on that part.. where people believe that BlackBerry is dead...... I have to explain it's other wise every time!

Z10
    ArsenG likes this.
    12-08-13 08:25 PM
    So, what are the prices of your super phones, remember we are not Apple.

Posted via Verizon Z30
    12-08-13 08:45 PM
    Some good thoughts but I think BlackBerry is going to have to rethink their hardware. I simply don't think they have the resources to make a top spec phone to compete with Google and apple. I think winning over the public will need a new approach and top end hardware is not going to work I don't think. They will have to find a unique niche market if they are to survive. If they can do that successfully they will need to continue on that path to get their name back. Only then they may be able to take another stab at the phone market at large.

Posted via my Z30
    ArsenG likes this.
    12-08-13 08:48 PM
    I like what OP said about demanding better marketing and better hardware from BlackBerry.

But, that's a path to compete head on with Samsung, Apple and Google, which unfortunately BlackBerry has thrown its towel.

BlackBerry 's latest strategy is to focus in a so called "prosumer" market that is ever shrinking if it exists at all, in which I am sure BlackBerry will find new excuses to work in their old ineffective ways:

1. Sell mid-range phones at high prices.
    2. Let the product speaks for itself, so the nonexistent marketing doesn't have to exist.
    anon(4185604) and ArsenG like this.
    12-09-13 01:01 AM

Posted via Verizon Z30
    BB is already charging a premium for their phones when it comes on the market.. Todays consumers don't mind paying for that premium if the product is top notch.. They already now have a great OS with 10.2, the z30 is almost there with a couple of additions (More internal storage because some of these apps use a lot, Better resolution screen & top notch Camera with great dynamic range).
    12-09-13 06:42 AM

Posted via Verizon Z30
    They don't need to be super phones. Bb10 doesn't require amazing internals. I think a 720p screen for all BlackBerry's is sufficient. What it really needs is a decent camera and some fine tuning so that lower end processors seem to work faster.

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    12-09-13 02:15 PM
    I would love something like the torch but with a bigger screen. They need work on keyboard shortcuts, a function key would do the trick, and they need better selecting/copy/paste functionality.

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    12-10-13 12:52 AM
    They also need cheaper phones for india/china... I think with all the Snowden releases non-usa citizens will not buy products from USA based companies.

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    12-10-13 09:22 AM
    They also need cheaper phones for india/china... I think with all the Snowden releases non-usa citizens will not buy products from USA based companies.
    Which is why Android sales are crashing worldwide.

Oh, wait...
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-10-13 04:33 PM
    I highly doubt they will go for your plan. Having 8 different phones will not help, the company financially. They should upgrade their current ones, e.g. better camera in the z10. To many phones confuses people and you do not get any economies of scales from the manufacturer ( production is more expensive), hence, margins smaller.

They need to upgrade their current phones and make focus on high security phones. Truth be told, the retail market is lost for them currently. They need to earn a stable cash flow and then they might reenter the retail market once several manufactures have disappeared and when the market is less competitive.
    High security & business phones will be their best option.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    Earl waldron likes this.
    12-14-13 12:43 PM
    It would be great if I can hide or password protect a folder or file. I know there are apps but it sure will make a difference if it's built into the OS itself!

Z10
    12-16-13 06:57 AM
    Like the post and agree.

To those that say BlackBerry does not need great hardware, however true that is, many pundits can only see specs. So, you have to feed the bears. Once you get them to see beyond that, they will be able to focus on the true differentiator - bb10.

And, agree, we need real commercials that are humorous, relevant, and showcase bb10 features and functionality.

Don't leave bb10 as the mobile world best kept secret.

And, BB, you used to make beautiful phones. The 9900, with the steel, back, thinness, etc, was beautiful. It still is.

Bring back some of those premium design elements. We know you can do it. In your target segment, no one wants cheap phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:51 AM
    BlackBerry should do a survey and then make three devices, a full touch screen, a qwerty one and a slider if needed. otherwise two would be fine.
    12-16-13 07:55 AM
    Please don't die on us. We got your back, BlackBerry! Plus a tablet too!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 01:10 AM
    Dear Blackberry,

I hope in 2014 you are able to change the perception of people that blackberry is not from stone age and not to be complacent like in previous years. I have been using my Q10 for months. I'm happy and waiting for more improvements you can get into the BB10 platform. After a year when my contract ended I would like to get another blackberry if possible and if improvement of this OS continues.

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    12-21-13 01:21 AM