I am very sorry to have posted this question in two fora but I have not gotten any response to the other post so far. I'll try to have it removed.

I backed up my z30 yesterday because I wanted to wipe it. After wiping yesterday, I restored only "Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar" and it restored successfully.

This morning I tried restoring the Media and got the following error: "Verify that your device is turned on and connected to Blackberry Link and try again". However no matter how much I try, I get the same error.

I wiped my phone again thinking that would solve the issue but it didn't.

In trying isolate the problem, I tried restoring a backup from 3 months ago and it was successful, leading me to think there is a problem with the recent backup file.

So I selected the "Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar" restore option on the backup from yesterday and it was also successful. I just restored the Application Data as well, however I still cannot restore the Media Data and that is data I need to restore.

So I am wondering if anyone has had this same issue and what was the resolution if any.

I am open to buying application that may help as I really need the files in the backup.

Thanks
    01-20-15 07:50 AM
    If you can restore both the settings and the application data, then I would agree that your backup of your media is corrupt.

There is no way to extract that from a Link backup in any other way.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-20-15 07:56 AM
    Same issue here. And it's very annoying. I have like 400mb new media files including videos and photos from my recent trips. *sigh.
    Is there any fix yet?
    02-03-15 09:58 PM
    I have exactly the same problem.
    My Z30 was backed up in the morning via USB cable using BB Link. All OS's are current.
    Afternoon my calendar lost all data.

Tried a custom restore of Settings, Calendar etc."
    Link kept saying "waiting for device to restart"
    Restore failed
    Restore All did not work either.

Went to a week old backup and the Restore worked.
    This is very weird.
    Something is going on.
    02-08-15 06:08 PM