I just bought a new z30, updated with the OTA 10.2.1..537 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the device theme from dark to light?

I have figured out the contacts and calendar because it's in the settings menu. I can't find the master change settings. Any help would be appreciated please.

Posted via my BlackBerry z30 on 10.2.1.537
    03-03-14 11:34 AM
    Only certain applications have the option for dark/light.

BBM, Calendar, Contacts and possibly some 3rd party apps.
    03-03-14 11:38 AM
    OK, thanks, I figured that was the case with the z30 and the 10.2.1.537 update. I can live with the dark theme.

03-03-14 11:51 AM
    Just remember, the screen is OLED, so if you use white themes all the time, your display will fail quicker.
    This applies to all oled display phones.
    03-04-14 03:25 AM
    Just remember, the screen is OLED, so if you use white themes all the time, your display will fail quicker.
    Thanks for the information, I didn't know that about OLED screens.

03-04-14 04:39 AM
    Do you have some information on that. I can't seem to find that anywhere. The OLED has a shorter lifespan in total(depends on manufacturing process can sometimes have a longer lifespan than LCD). Even then the amount of time for the LED to even degrade is far longer than the average individual will ever own there phone at even at the average minimum value of about 8000-10000 hours for the shorter life LED(blue) to degrade by ~ 40% I don't see how white will increase screen failure significantly. The only information about the white is it consume a greater amount of power. And even then one would not care as a whole year of keeping your screen on 24/7 would be 8760 hours.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mike-berry; 03-05-14 at 11:19 PM.
    dannejanne likes this.
    03-05-14 11:05 PM
    Do you have some information on that. I can't seem to find that anywhere. The OLED has a shorter lifespan in total(depends on manufacturing process can sometimes have a longer lifespan than LCD). Even then the amount of time for the LED to even degrade is far longer than the average individual will ever own there phone at even at the average minimum value of about 8000-10000 hours for the shorter life LED(blue) to degrade by ~ 40% I don't see how white will increase screen failure significantly. The only information about the white is it consume a greater amount of power. And even then one would not care as a whole year of keeping your screen on 24/7 would be 8760 hours.

Posted via CB10
    Nah white on Oled isn't any danger. The only difference it makes is using more power as you say. People will never have a phone that long so that it will fail because of this. The white can "tear" the pixels a bit faster, making some ghosting or slight burn-in apparent with time. But todays displays are better at preventing this.

The early Oled screens that came to market displayed horrible white, uneven and tinted but that's not a problem anymore either. But usually they are not as bright as LCD's and typically they don't get that clean white a quality LCD can achieve. However they have other advantages as the blacks and viewing angles. But they also tend to be somewhat oversaturated at times.
    03-05-14 11:37 PM
    In a test that HTC did a while ago they showed that a amoled display takes 3 times the power than a lcd to display white pixels.
    But no power to display black pixels.
    Lcd power draw was constant irrespective if the pixel color.

using all white on amoled is like having one third the battery.
    so it's like the phone has a ~1000 mah battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:05 AM