Loved the video review. The z30 has so many positives about it and to me the biggest one is the battery life. It's just amazing!

Posted via CB10
    Could not agree more. I really hope this didn't get lost in my review, but the battery just blows away the battery on my iPhone. In terms of real life, day to day activities - this is a HUGE deal. I turned on NFC, yes to Bluetooth, run the GPS - no worries. On the iPhone, you need to be careful what you run if you want your battery to make it through the day. So yes, the bigger battery is GREAT!
    02-19-14 10:14 PM
    That has a nice ring to it...I'm sure my kids will enjoy calling me that now You guys really have a nice community here, which is great!
    It is a nice community as long as you don't comment "first", make no grammar/spelling errors, don't post about your love for any other device/software, or vent any frustration about BlackBerry software or hardware.

Posted via the almighty Z
    Carterbits and kthhrrsn like this.
    02-19-14 10:19 PM
    Once US carriers roll out the 10.2.1 update like the majority of us are already enjoying you will find that the Z30 will become a new beast. You'll be enjoying new features like being able to download Android apps, will have a radio, etc.
    02-19-14 10:36 PM
    nice review, i have blackberry z10(plannin to get z30 soon) & i have iphone5 i rarely use it bcoz so small i kinda hard to press the keyboard & read msgs also playgames. I luv the updated BB OS 10.2.1 i downloaded tons of app even w/o googleplay well i had an android fon that i gave up 1week ago it is Samsung S4 bcoz i prefer my blackberry now in games, flashvideos etc. ive been a bb fan for almost 10yrs & i'd be bb fan forever promise!!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:08 PM
    DadDoes, Great to see an average user such as yourself, give a 1 week review on the device. The shift from "survive" to "enjoy" is something that us CB members tend to try and tell tech reviewers all over, which becomes exhausting and frustrating. Thanks for giving me and the whole CB community just a bit more hope to tell the world that BB10 has some goodness in it.
    wincyUt, DadDoes and zyben like this.
    02-19-14 11:54 PM
    Hey Guys - Dan from DadDoes here and thanks very much for sharing our review. I am clearly not an expert in the world of BlackBerry, as shown by the fact that the BlackBerry folks had to tell me it is "BlackBerry" not "Blackberry". Whoops. In any case, really was surprised by how much I liked the Z30 and I continue to carry 2 phones in my pocket now (iPhone 5 and Z30...yes, I have big pockets) and test things out. Just finished covering Toy Fair in NYC and it was fun having the Z30 to shoot video right to a SD card and then be able to pop into my computer. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and will try to answer any questions about the review.

Thank you for taking up the challenge. Glad to see you liked the Z30; it is an awesome phone especially now that 10.2.1 is out for people looking to get other apps. Cheers!
    02-20-14 12:42 AM
    And congrats for making it to the front page..

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    02-20-14 12:42 AM
    Dan - thanks for the review.

Sorry -Dad- cb app doesn't allow editing

Yes it does.

Long press on post header and select the edit pencil.

My first question to you would be are you on Verizon there? That could be part of why you only have 10.2 rather than 10.2.1 which the rest of the world is enjoying.

Verizon was the first carrier in the USA to officially roll out 10.2.1, though it was for Z10. Unfortunately nothing OTA for Q10 or Z30 yet.
    02-20-14 12:46 AM
    Fantastic review and post....welcome to Crackberry and yes, i have subscribed to your YouTube channel
    DadDoes likes this.
    02-20-14 01:22 AM
    Verizon was the first carrier in the USA to officially roll out 10.2.1, though it was for Z10. Unfortunately nothing OTA for Q10 or Z30 yet.
    Yeah I was kinda glossing over that since we were and are dealing with the Z30 but you are entirely right, Verizon is the only carrier in the USA to officially launch 10.2.1 on any device, even if it is just the Z10.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    02-20-14 01:35 AM
    You can use Sachesi to load your 10.2.1 update.. but I understand that you make a review for "normal" consumers which do not know that you can update your device save trough Sachesi. This is due to the lack of carrier support.. But if you want to give it a try here on CrackBerry.com is enough info to do this save..

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.2141
    02-20-14 02:03 AM
    now we have one more person addicted to Crack... ;-) welcome to CrackBerry...
    02-20-14 05:27 AM
    I haven't read the review yet, but if Dan prefers the Z30 on 10.2.0, he will be blown away by 10.2.1!

Posted via CB10
    Fatz_z likes this.
    02-20-14 06:07 AM
    I haven't read the review yet, but if Dan prefers the Z30 on 10.2.0, he will be blown away by 10.2.1!

Posted via CB10
    Definitely. And Dan, looking at all the Android apps I have in my phone and work perfectly, your only negative comment will become invalid

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    02-20-14 07:08 AM
    Dan I was following you when I had an iPhone 5 now i love you without my iPhone but with a blackberry device
    Stick a few more days with the big Z and the iPhone will just be history

From My Sexy Blackberry Q10...
    02-20-14 07:31 AM
    Thank You for an honest review!
    02-20-14 07:42 AM
    Thanks for this - very useful for showing others who are currently dithering between getting a Z30 or an(other) iPhone
    02-20-14 07:46 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry, Dan.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 07:47 AM
    Thanks Dan for being open minded, fair and real with the 7 days trial of the Z30. The world truly need guys like you. And yes it is ok to use and enjoy multiple platforms simultaneously.
    02-20-14 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the review Dan!

I think you highlighted a great point with the apps. If there are lots of apps you like then you may have to work to get them on Z30, at least until 10.2.1 is launched. At that point the comment won't be "I can't find the apps", it will be "do you want to make the jump from whatever platform and 'lose' all the investment you have made in apps already?".

Looking forward to seeing any followups you might post with updates on your progress and your final decision of which to carry permanently(I know you are carrying both at the moment).
    02-20-14 08:05 AM
    At last an honest review made by a fair consumer!
    Hope his video will be shared widely because imho it's the best and more efficient way to show BB10 goodness!
    (he made my resolution not to pull the trigger on the Z30 a little more difficult to bear though... great device this Z30!)
    zyben likes this.
    02-20-14 08:12 AM
    Nice review, CrackBerry Dan, and welcome to CB.

I liked your comparison of the screens, not just in terms of size but general brightness and clarity. There have been a lot of people complaining that the Z30 screen is "sub-par" due to its pixel density, but in the end the user's visual experience is what matters. That you found the Z30's screen easier on the eye than the screen of one of the most popular phones on the planet says a lot more than any argument on specs alone.

No one can argue with the point about apps, but your review made the important point that some apps that are needed on the iPhone can be replaced with browser bookmarks on the Z30. Maybe in your update you could show an example of this in action. I have no doubt that you'll thoroughly explore the Android app situation.
    zyben likes this.
    02-20-14 08:15 AM
    Respect for trying the road less travelled. Just came over to BB10 a couple months ago after years of winmo, wp, symbian and finally android. Currently on a z10 with the latest leak but have to say the OS is the smoothest I've used in 16 years of mobile. Thanks for an open minded review.
    02-20-14 08:17 AM
    Great review from a great Dad, Dan. Cheers for you and to your family.

Posted via CB10
    DadDoes likes this.
    02-20-14 08:24 AM
    It is a nice community as long as you don't comment "first", make no grammar/spelling errors, don't post about your love for any other device/software, or vent any frustration about BlackBerry software or hardware.

Posted via the almighty Z
    So true, lol. Welcome Dan :-)

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-20-14 08:26 AM
228 12345 ...