HERE,S VIDEO AND FOLKS AT BLACKBERRY ASKED HIM TO REVIEW IT:

FULL REVIEW HERE:
    The BlackBerry Challenge, Cheating On My iPhone With A BlackBerry Z30 | Dad Does

A MUST READ
    Last edited by FOR RIM; 02-19-14 at 06:58 AM.
    02-19-14 06:28 AM
    Never heard of DadDoes before, but this sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    02-19-14 06:50 AM
    I like it. The reviewer is very down to earth and takes a look at it from a real world perspective.
    02-19-14 06:50 AM
    Really good! Just shows the good and bad sides of the phone.. the app "problem" is now solved with 10.2.1.2141 so there ain't no reason not buying the BlackBerry z30

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.2141
    02-19-14 07:01 AM
    "Here is the crazy thing, for that 90% of the time, I preferred using the BlackBerry Z30 over my iPhone 5. "

Perhaps BlackBerry should invest more on this 'BlackBerry challenge'

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 07:07 AM
    Well, 10.2.1 still doesn't have Google Play Services, so there's that. But yes it helps immensely with app gap.

But I like the review. It sounds like an honest feedback from real-life experience instead of benchmarks and stuff that don't translate to real-life experience

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    BlackberryNerd likes this.
    02-19-14 07:09 AM
    Decent and honest review. What this guy says is what most of us here have been saying for a while, the Z30 is better than the 5s and is the best phone available. Sorry, The Verge and BGR, but its plain to see that you are biased.
    02-19-14 08:00 AM
    I can't even read the reviews that guys site has a stupid ad that comes up and blocks the article. I will try from a computer and not my phone if I remember to later.
    02-19-14 08:00 AM
    Zoom out and click the x in the top right corner of the ad

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:15 AM
    HERE,S VIDEO AND FOLKS AT BLACKBERRY ASKED HIM TO REVIEW IT:

FULL REVIEW HERE:
    The BlackBerry Challenge, Cheating On My iPhone With A BlackBerry Z30 | Dad Does

A MUST READ
    Sharing on Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    callenm likes this.
    02-19-14 08:34 AM
    Great stuff, thanks for sharing that!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-19-14 09:21 AM
    Hey Guys - Dan from DadDoes here and thanks very much for sharing our review. I am clearly not an expert in the world of BlackBerry, as shown by the fact that the BlackBerry folks had to tell me it is "BlackBerry" not "Blackberry". Whoops. In any case, really was surprised by how much I liked the Z30 and I continue to carry 2 phones in my pocket now (iPhone 5 and Z30...yes, I have big pockets) and test things out. Just finished covering Toy Fair in NYC and it was fun having the Z30 to shoot video right to a SD card and then be able to pop into my computer. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and will try to answer any questions about the review.
    cwbcpa, kbz1960, blackmoe and 72 others like this.
    02-19-14 09:32 AM
    Welcome to crackberry dan
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-19-14 09:34 AM
    Never heard of DadDoes before, but this sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Hey, thanks for the kind words. There are no shortage of sites that do benchmarks and tech spec comparisons, so we just tried to focus on real world usage.
    02-19-14 09:37 AM
    Welcome to crackberry dan
    That has a nice ring to it...I'm sure my kids will enjoy calling me that now You guys really have a nice community here, which is great!
    02-19-14 09:40 AM
    Dan could you do one more video review of blackberry z30 now comparing it to a windows phone

AND DAN NOW MENTION Z30 FEATURES LIKE USB ON THE GO, WIFI DIRECT ,RADIO ,MIRACAST
    Signhere likes this.
    02-19-14 09:43 AM
    I can't even read the reviews that guys site has a stupid ad that comes up and blocks the article. I will try from a computer and not my phone if I remember to later.
    Hey Man, sorry about that poor experience. Clearly someone with an iPhone must have designed our site Seriously, I'll check with the guys, but you should be able to just X out of the Email signup box and it will not come back for a week...I think? Sorry about that, will check it out - not seeing it on my end.
    02-19-14 09:45 AM
    Hey Man, sorry about that poor experience. Clearly someone with an iPhone must have designed our site Seriously, I'll check with the guys, but you should be able to just X out of the Email signup box and it will not come back for a week...I think? Sorry about that, will check it out - not seeing it on my end.
    I used the stock BlackBerry 10 browser and I could see the monthly letter sign up layer. I can tap the small X at the top-right of it and it disappears. It's something that's been on just about every website that bothered to do it, so I suppose I didn't think it's an ad.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-19-14 09:49 AM
    Very good reading!!

Posted via CB10
    DadDoes likes this.
    02-19-14 09:50 AM
    Good job Dan! I enjoyed your video. The Z30 is awesome no doubt. Did you get a chance to take a look at some other features on the phone like USB OTG and Miracast?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 09:51 AM
    Oh yeah, let's convert them all . . . One at a time. Being a Z10 owner I'm a little jealous of my wife's new Z30.
    DadDoes likes this.
    02-19-14 09:54 AM
    I used the stock BlackBerry 10 browser and I could see the monthly letter sign up layer. I can tap the small X at the top-right of it and it disappears. It's something that's been on just about every website that bothered to do it, so I suppose I didn't think it's an ad.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Thanks - that is is how it should work. Nope, not an ad - I personally hate blogs and sites that have a thousand ads to distract you.
    02-19-14 09:56 AM
    Good job Dan! I enjoyed your video. The Z30 is awesome no doubt. Did you get a chance to take a look at some other features on the phone like USB OTG and Miracast?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the comment. So, I read about Miracast, but it drives me crazy how we have all these standards, but none seem to work together. So, in my house - on various TVs we have the following hooked up - Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, Boxee Box and a Roku Player. As far as I could tell - none of those support Miracast?? Boxee supports AirPlay. Let me know if any of the above would allow me wireless watch what is on my Z30.

Do you have cool examples of how use the USB OTG in the real world to make your life easier or better? I need to learn more about this. Thanks.
    02-19-14 10:01 AM
    Dan could you do one more video review of blackberry z30 now comparing it to a windows phone

AND DAN NOW MENTION Z30 FEATURES LIKE USB ON THE GO, WIFI DIRECT ,RADIO ,MIRACAST
    Interesting idea about a Windows Phone comparison. I do some work with Lenovo and love their Win 8 Yoga computer, but have not used a Windows Phone much. I assume the Z30 would do very well in a head to head. I should add, it is my understanding that the folks at BlackBerry have other people doing this 7 Day Challenge, so maybe one of them is a Windows Phone user.

In terms of showing the other features, might have to do a followup video. After doing lots and lots of videos, we have learned that once you cross the 8 minutes mark, you really lose people. Our video was getting close to that mark, so we edited out some stuff just to keep it moving. We may in a few weeks do a follow-up with additional features.
    ray689, PantherBlitz and zyben like this.
    02-19-14 10:07 AM
    dan you could connect your keyboard your mouse to control your z30 and connect it to a bigger dispaly and it would be like a computer using keyboard to type and mouse to navigate

you could use your pen drive micro sd card or sd (cards with adaptor) and
    02-19-14 10:08 AM
228 123 ...