I guess many of you already heard and watched this (if not, just press the play button)

I for one found it is the best / enthusiastic (out of our CB land ) review I've seen for a while.
    So, I thought I should FW the link to our French P.R (and elite manager) and suggest BlackBerry should do the same.
    Well ...

"Dad Does" re-review of Z30 + 10.2.1-capture.png

Glad to read this. Hope you're too
    03-31-14 11:27 AM
    Gonna check it out rite now

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 11:33 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    03-31-14 11:37 AM
    Man... that's probably one of the best overviews of any BB10 device (no offense to CB editors, or JC! Lol)

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-31-14 11:41 AM
    this is what i'm talking about, this was a honest amazing review of the z30
    Superfly_FR and sk8er_tor like this.
    03-31-14 12:00 PM
    Very nice.

Dan learned a lot while on here (and probably other places). Very nice followup video. I thought the first Z30 video was a bit on the simple side. He did a nice job of showing more sophisticated capabilities. It's never enough of course. Like NFC would have been nice since that is something iPhone does not have. However, NFC is not as useful in the states as it is in, let's say, Canada. And I do wish he would have spoken about the incredible audio. Especially on calls since the Z30 is peerless in that regard. And finally, BBM Video with screen share. Of course he would need to know someone with a BB to do that. He probably doesn't know anyone with a BB10 phone.
    Well, audio reviews through YouTube ( captured with one device and played back over another device) are about as useful as those paranormal activity shows which basically involve a bunch of people running around telling you they heard or saw something (that the camera just didn't catch.. but trust me!).

As far as BBM video and screen share goes, unfortunately... ignoring it is about as faithful to his current audience. Most BB10 users here in North America probably don't know anyone else with a BB10 device, so... it is what it is... a nice feature, gathering dust hidden deep inside BBM.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:17 PM
    Wow.....come on mind blowing review..if only more such reviews reach out.. imagine sales!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:20 PM
    Look at the top comment
    03-31-14 12:37 PM
    So, again, I encourage BBRY to continue to seed devices to the "smaller" bloggers. It just makes sense. I know the Mossbergs and Engadget get a lot of pageviews, but still, the smaller bloggers will appreciate stuff and be a bi more open to feedback, IMHO.
    Superfly_FR and canuckvoip like this.
    03-31-14 12:38 PM
    Completely forgot about USB OTG :s now I'm trying to find a cable close by great feature that I don't think gets enough mention.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-31-14 02:10 PM
    Watched this video last night and all I can say is BlackBerry should seriously consider using "Dad Does" services. His presentation is so natural and straight forward.
    03-31-14 02:15 PM
    My Youtube video giving an example of how the Z30 sounds is surprisingly faithful. As long as you use a good playback system. Never-the-less, I get your point that if he tells you it sounds really good, that is only his opinion of what he hears.

#quixote
    That's an extremely difficult task to achieve. I've been playing your "lonely heart" on my desktop with a Bose Soundlink mini and my Z30 at ~equal levels. My Z30 beats the soundlink (while this is a pretty good renderer for bass for instance). Wondering if your recording is stereo too, as the YT sound seems "flattered". I had the same feeling with the "why I hate ... 3 video", even while these devices were compared live.
    I'd guess no one could make the difference on a smarphone ... unless it's a Z30.

But I understand you tried it and, btw, thanks for that !
    03-31-14 02:20 PM
    Watched this video last night and all I can say is BlackBerry should seriously consider using "Dad Does" services. His presentation is so natural and straight forward.
    If I dare exaggerate a *little*, he sounded like a kid seeing the sea for the very first time.
    More seriously, I felt him well informed, sincere and trustable.
    THBW, bungaboy and diegonei like this.
    03-31-14 02:23 PM
    Great review once again by Dad Does!
    This guy sounds legit because he is enthusiast and knows how to share what he doesn't find on other platforms.
    I think it's by far the best review because it's not a partisan's advice, just someone who loves technology and wants to see great ideas spread widely (his demonstration of USB on the go and Miracast are perfect!)
    Thanks for sharing! Let that video hit on Twitter!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-31-14 02:36 PM
    Great review and with a different twist.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-31-14 03:48 PM
    USB OTG is great, but it still needs some work. On the software side no apps can access USB OTG except file manager. If you have a video saved on the external USB drive you can play it from within the file manager, but you can't use the "Play On" feature. I don't think it supports exFAT either which limits you to 4gb files. I also noticed considerable lag in the audio when watching a movie.

Hardware wise is that it would be nice if it was USB 3.0 because transferring files to the device takes a long long time. Also I'm not sure if it's possible but USB OTG will not charge your phone if you have it hooked up to a USB hub.

If you have a hub you can hook up multiple devices. I had a flash drive, 1tb external hard drive and wireless keyboard. It's nice having a wireless keyboard hook to the hub so you don't have to waste battery with bluetooth.

Zed30
    03-31-14 03:54 PM
    again, thanks (and for clarifying out too). Not questioning the good will/faith here, just adding a RL testing
    Cheers
    SF
    03-31-14 05:31 PM
    Hey Guys,

Thanks very much for all the kind words. Using the Z30 really has been eye opening for me...and since my cat sits on my head at 3am and wakes me up...not much is able to open my eyes these days Seriously, it is a cool phone, but you really do need to spend time with it to really get it.

If interested, I also did an updated written review to go with this video - BlackBerry Z30 Review Update, Who Knew .1 Was So Big? | Dad Does

I believe somewhere else I commented...the Z30 is like an onion, you keep peeling away layers and finding more features...but it doesn't make your cry
    03-31-14 06:09 PM
    Hey Dad, I wish I had a few thanks in the bank, yet my credit is over for a few hours that's fine: you'll get the THANKS right here in capital letters !

P.S: my dog snorkeling woke me up too... funny eh ?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:05 PM
    awesome review, thanks.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-31-14 07:06 PM
    Really good review learned a few new things myself.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-01-14 05:25 AM
    Hey Guys,

Thanks very much for all the kind words. Using the Z30 really has been eye opening for me...and since my cat sits on my head at 3am and wakes me up...not much is able to open my eyes these days Seriously, it is a cool phone, but you really do need to spend time with it to really get it.

If interested, I also did an updated written review to go with this video - BlackBerry Z30 Review Update, Who Knew .1 Was So Big? | Dad Does

I believe somewhere else I commented...the Z30 is like an onion, you keep peeling away layers and finding more features...but it doesn't make your cry
    Thank you for your unbiased review. I am happy that you are liking the phone. Hopefully more people become open minded and five it a real try. Too bad only Verizon carries the phone here in the US and does not really promote it. Great job Dad Does. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-01-14 05:31 AM
    Why isn't this review featured on CB? Other non BlackBerry tech sites might pick up the story and show what a great device the Z30 really is.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:17 AM
    Very sad that crackberry has not done a good enough review on these features. Instead we are given stupid articles on android crap htc phones.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    04-01-14 06:21 AM
    Dan,

In your written review, you ask the question why not just buy an Android phone. The answer lies in areas like privacy and security and productivity that you kinda gloss over because they are more business functions. The HUB is a game changer for busy people and you did discuss it in the first review, but not much.

Take a look at my little slide show I made: http://www.sv-cs.com/SmartPhones/Which_Smart_Phone.ppsx
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-01-14 06:42 AM
69 123