Hey all. I have a z10 and a now dead I think z30. Before the upgrade to 10.3.2 I had a custom notification set for a contact that turns off the text message sound. I tried this on the z30 and no matter what it would still take the default settings for notifications, now that I broke my z30 I went back to the z10 and I'm getting the same behavior.

I've clicked edit on the contact and turned off all notifications, I've also tried to just set them to off. It still vibrates and ringtones whenever I get a text from this contact which is really annoying since it's a low priority alert from one of our IT systems.

Any help is much appreciated.
    08-25-15 09:51 AM
    You have to customise it for each profile.

Go to notifications in settings. Select a profile (not by the dropdown menu, but by buttons at the bottom of the screen).

THEN select custom, and change the setting.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-25-15 09:54 AM
    When I go to that area I see the profiles and then below that I see "Contact Notifiactions" inside contact notifications I see the contact with the settings I want.

When I click the "Normal" profile I see nowhere to set a custom contact setting,only thing there is Customize App Notifications, I don't want to change the sound for all texts, only texts from this specific contact.
    08-25-15 10:12 AM
    , only texts from this specific contact.
    Sorry. I missed that this was for a specific contact. I can't help as I don't use those.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-25-15 10:14 AM
    I thought that the contact setting found under profiles is supposed to override what ever profile you�re in. You can't, from what I see, change contact notifications for each different sound profile, so it is only what you set on the main sound profiles screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 04:55 PM
    I was able to do this on the previous version of the OS I was running. If you click edit on a contact you can customize their sounds. However, I can't get it to work on this version and its driving me bonkers. It's basically the way you would set your wife's ring tone to something different.
    08-25-15 05:13 PM
    I was able to do this on the previous version of the OS I was running. If you click edit on a contact you can customize their sounds. However, I can't get it to work on this version and its driving me bonkers. It's basically the way you would set your wife's ring tone to something different.
    You can do that on the sound profiles page, but for each contact, once you set their profile, that setting is supposed to override all profile (whether you are in normal, phone calls only, etc...).

So you should have no issue setting your wife's ring tone to whatever you want.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 05:32 PM
    I go into Notfications

Active Profile Normal

I click Contact Notifications->

The contact I'm trying to change settings for is listed, I click it.

I click Text Messages->All off

Save

It still vibrates and pings. Does this on the z10 and previously did it on the z30. Before i upgrade the z10 it worked fine.
    08-26-15 03:15 PM
    I am having the exact same problem with a Z30. Did you solve your problem yet?
    12-08-15 02:52 PM
    Have you tried a hard reset ? Do you have any 3rd party customisation app such as hub+...?

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    12-08-15 03:03 PM