I bought a white unlocked STA100-5 Z30 off Amazon 4 weeks ago from a business named Acoustic Audio Tek. I'm located in the USA and my Carrier is T-Mobile.

Amazon.com: Blackberry Z30 STA100-5 16GB 4G LTE Unlocked GSM OS 10.2 Cell Phone - Pure white: Cell Phones & Accessories

The phone shipped out of Indianapolis, IN. The phone was advertised as new, and unlocked. Is it possible to verify that the phone was new and not stolen. Also how do you tell if the phone is actually unlocked?

What numbers should I write down in case I lose it or it's stolen from me in order to ID it or report it as lost/stolen.
    02-21-15 11:16 AM
    I think if it were stolen, you probably would not be able to use it.

I think you want the IMEI number. Main Settings, About, use the dropdown to see Hardware and there's the number.

You need to look at the Sim card settings but I don't recall what it should say. Again, Main Settings, Security/Privacy, then SIM card. Mine UNlocked on Verizon shows. Three UNlocked: Network, Network Subset and Service Provider.
    02-21-15 11:42 AM
    Get real, that price is the usual non-discounted price for this phone, it's hard to "steal" a new phone with it's box and accessories and ship it with a receipt. You didn't buy an used phone from eBay and had it shipped from Albania.
    Unlocked? Does your sim card work? And your friend's which is with another carrier? Voila, it is unlocked.
    Just write down your IMEI and you can block it in case somebody steals it from you, this is applicable only in your country. If somebody steals it and ships it abroad it can be used.
    SIM card info - useless, you can always block your number via carrier.
    You can also wipe it via BlackBerry Protect.
    A potential thief can always sell it for spare parts )
    Only iPhones can be totally bricked via iCloud account.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by relyc; 02-21-15 at 01:46 PM.
    02-21-15 01:35 PM