I have a Z30 running OS 10.3.1.1779 and my corporate email (info@andgrain.com which is an IMAP account) for my restaurant is not instantly appearing on my phone. If someone send me an email it instantly appears on my server (mail.andgrain.com) but takes forever to get "pushed" to my phone. While my gmail account (andgrain@gmail.com) instantly appears on my phone seconds after it hits their server.

As a temporary solution I have my corporate email getting forwarded to my gmail which then in turn instantly appears on my phone. The only problem with this is that when I go to reply I have to manually change the email account back to my corporate email otherwise the reply mail gets sent via gmail. Also it ends up leaving a duplicate email on my phone once the email eventually leave the corporate server and hits my phone (sometimes hours later).

I have done some digging and all I can come up with is this from a thread back in January of this year:

"if your mail server is an IMAP server and if the IMAP server supports the IMAP IDLE feature you can switch the Push option ON and set the synchronization interval to "Manually". This will cause much less network traffic, a delivering delay of normally under 30 seconds (depends on the server) and will save a lot of energy."

So I contacted the guy that handles my website and email and he turned this option on for me but its still not working helping. He has not idea how to fix this problem and I wanted to know if anyone had a solution for me.

I'm not extremely computer savvy so I apologize if the terminology Im using is incorrect but I hope you can get the gist of my dilemma..
    04-16-15 08:48 PM
    Did you ask your website and email guy if your email server was setup for push delivery of emails? The IMAP IDLE feature sounds like it is intended to reduce network traffic for a system that is already setup for push email. Makes me wonder how much this guy knows about administering and maintaining an mail server.
    04-16-15 10:54 PM
    Did you ask your website and email guy if your email server was setup for push delivery of emails? The IMAP IDLE feature sounds like it is intended to reduce network traffic for a system that is already setup for push email. Makes me wonder how much this guy knows about administering and maintaining an mail server.
    So this is definitely an issue with my email server then I'm assuming or can it be I didn't set up the account properly on my phone.
    04-16-15 11:15 PM
    Your email server admin needs to know what to do to enable push using IDLE. No offense, but if he doesn't know how to set that up he shouldn't be running the mail server.

After he makes the changes, remove and re-add the account on your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 07:51 AM
    Your email server admin needs to know what to do to enable push using IDLE. No offense, but if he doesn't know how to set that up he shouldn't be running the mail server.

After he makes the changes, remove and re-add the account on your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^Yes, this. Try to remove and re-add the account once he's made the changes.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-17-15 07:57 AM
    Thanks guys. After contacting the so called "admin" and enabling the IDLE setting only after I deleted the account and added it back did the settings take effect. All good now. Thanks so much. You have no idea how annoying it was getting double emails and not using the phone to its full potential.

Now only if Verizon had the Passport....
    FF22 likes this.
    04-17-15 08:52 AM
    I find my email comes in way quicker if I hit REFRESH tons of times, rather than wait for it to be pushed.

Kind of stupid isn't it?

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-17-15 11:58 AM