Currently using iPhone 5S. I had a Z10 for a bit, and I have used Almost all Androids and Windows Phones. I recently bought a 2012 Chevy Truck. It has a USB port that I can connect my iphone and control the music through the steering wheel. It also will automatically lower the fan speed and radio when I have a call.
    Anyone using a Z30 hooked up to a Chevy through the USB and have it recognize the phone as a music player? It will not on any Androids due to the fact that they cut out the USB mass storage option via USB.

What about all the talk of BB going under? How long will BB last? Am I buying a phone that will be useless in 3 months?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by tsquare2112; 01-03-14 at 08:58 PM.
    01-03-14 08:40 PM
    Currently using iPhone 5S. I had a Z10 for a bit, and I have used Almost all Androids and Windows Phones. I recently bought a new Chevy Truck. It has a USB port that I can connect my iphone and control the music through the steering wheel. It also will automatically lower the fan speed and radio when I have a call.

Anyone using a Z30 hooked up to a Chevy through the USB and have it recognize the phone as a music player? It will not on any Androids due to the fact that they cut out the USB mass storage option via USB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    I have a 2014 Chevy impala along with the Z30 , and when you connect your Bluetooth it comes up with Chevrolet mylink and I can control my music and things from my steering wheel. If your new truck has mylink there is actually a few things that will pop up on your phone, even in blackberry world you get a spot for content for drivers,

Posted from my Z30
    01-03-14 08:49 PM
    Mine is a 2012, so it does not have the Mylink. I did notice that the specs on Phonearea.com that it did support usb mass storage, so I am encouraged by that. Just not sure that the Z30 will fit my needs. I do not use games on a phone, so I am not too worried about that, but there are a few apps that make my life easier that I did not see on the BlackBerry App World. I am also a little concerned with everything I am reading about BB going under, but I imagine by the time that happens I will have a different phone.
    01-03-14 08:53 PM
    Mine is a 2012, so it does not have the Mylink. I did notice that the specs on Phonearea.com that it did support usb mass storage, so I am encouraged by that. Just not sure that the Z30 will fit my needs. I do not use games on a phone, so I am not too worried about that, but there are a few apps that make my life easier that I did not see on the BlackBerry App World. I am also a little concerned with everything I am reading about BB going under, but I imagine by the time that happens I will have a different phone.
    Honestly I truly believe BB will be here for years to come, like said above I have the Z30 and I also have used all from iPhone to note 2 ,s4 and honestly like yourself I don't play games but this is a great phone, fast, smooth , and the best msg instrument going in my mind.

Posted from my Z30
    01-03-14 08:58 PM