First off greetings to all of you guys, I've had a Z10 for a year and a half now, it was my first BlackBerry device and wouldn't go back to any other OS. I love the hub and everything about BlackBerry but yet I'm wondering if I should switch to the Z30.

Like most other Z10's, I have some battery problem, which cause me to charge the phone 2 times a day, which can be annoying. I have considered switching to Android (S4 or S5) but like I told you before, I love so much the BB10 OS that I don't want to switch over... Finally, I'd likd to have some good selling points of the Z30, as I'd like to know if the switch is worth it, or I should just wait for a new device to come in...

Thanks for your time and answers!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 02:09 PM
    If you love BB10 than have no fear, the Z30 is amazing!

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    06-11-14 02:16 PM
    I made the switch from the Z10 to the Z30 myself and I must say it was a great decision. This phone is just bigger and better in many ways when compared to the Z10.

The screen size is nice but the girth of the phone can be a downfall for some people. For pure use and the OS it is the best BB10 device to date.

With BlackBerry releasing qwerty devices this year and possibly bringing the Z3 over to north America it looks like the Z30 still has some longevity in it.

If you can find a great deal on one, I say take the plunge and upgrade.

Posted via a flick of my thumb
    Last edited by iToya; 06-12-14 at 02:52 PM.
    BigManRonnie likes this.
    06-11-14 02:31 PM
    The Z30 the Screen is bigger, battery is bigger, sound is bigger... enough said. OS and ecosystem are the same and who knows where it will be in six months.

How did you get a Z10 a year and a half ago?? Anyway not sure where you are, what carrier you have, or how you buy your devices... But many places the S5 is pretty cheap when included with a Plan. Verizon Wireless here in the States is offering the S5, iPhone5S, Z30, M8 and the Lumia Icon all for the same price of $99 on contract....

Personally I played with a friends Surface Pro.... and really like how much like desktop Wiindows it is. So the Lumia Icon has me interested... and with a pretty good set of specifications (blows the Z30 away in most ever category) that might be my chose if I were looking today.
    06-11-14 02:31 PM
    I have been using my z10 almost since its release.
    Heard a lot of good things about the Z30 and bought it.
    Now waiting for it to arrive..very excited..!!
    BBFanatic4Life likes this.
    06-11-14 02:48 PM
    Z10 is a single handed use phone. With the Z30 you will find it more difficult to use the phone with one hand. This is the phone's only limitation in my opinion. Other than that the 30 is awesome and is worthy of the designation "flagship device".
    syah iejam likes this.
    06-11-14 02:54 PM
    I had the Torch 2 until December, 2013, which was a great device. Then I upgraded to the Z30, and it's amazing; big 5" AMOLED low-drain screen, battery lasts a long time, sensitive Paratek antenna, big virtual keyboard with auto-correct and predictive text in multiple languages, FM radio, four speakers, HDMI and USB mini ports, NFC, Bluetooth, Miracast connectivity, BlackBerry HUB is great, android app compatible, Word and Excel compatible, Adobe compatible, solid construction with fibre weave back. It's a great machine!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    BBGeordie and syah iejam like this.
    06-11-14 02:59 PM
    The Z30 is the best mobile computing device/experience currently available IMO.

I have IOS and Android as well. And they don't compare in overall used experience.
    BBGeordie and lift like this.
    06-11-14 03:07 PM
    Z10 is a single handed use phone. With the Z30 you will find it more difficult to use the phone with one hand. This is the phone's only limitation in my opinion. Other than that the 30 is awesome and is worthy of the designation "flagship device".
    Besides the size difference, which can be good or bad depending on , the Z30 screen, while beautiful enough, has a lower resolution, effectively, than does the Z10. When I tried it in a Verizon store, it didn't seem quite as fast as the Z10 (but I think the OS was much earlier than my AT&T Z10 with 10.2.1.2xxx at the time). It does have the extra features compared with the Z10 as described. If you are on AT&T, you won't get LTE everywhere with a STA-5.

I didn't think it was worth several hundred dollars to get the Z30 over the Z10 I already have, and there may be a Z30 in the offing. As for a Z10 versus a Z30 starting de novo, you have to weigh the pros and cons and consider your carrier signal options.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:07 PM
    The Z30 the Screen is bigger, battery is bigger, sound is bigger... enough said. OS and ecosystem are the same and who knows where it will be in six months.

How did you get a Z10 a year and a half ago?? Anyway not sure where you are, what carrier you have, or how you buy your devices... But many places the S5 is pretty cheap when included with a Plan. Verizon Wireless here in the States is offering the S5, iPhone5S, Z30, M8 and the Lumia Icon all for the same price of $99 on contract....

Personally I played with a friends Surface Pro.... and really like how much like desktop Wiindows it is. So the Lumia Icon has me interested... and with a pretty good set of specifications (blows the Z30 away in most ever category) that might be my chose if I were looking today.
    I just switched from a Z10 on AT&T to a Z30 on Verizon. The Z30 is only $99.00 with a 2 year contract on Verizon right now. I liked the service I had with AT&T and loved my Z10 but wanted the Z30 and I don't regret the move at all. I am blown away at how awesome it is. The reason I didn't get a Z30 on AT&T is because the STA100-5 Z30 does not have the main AT&T LTE band. You will get LTE in some areas but not most. I wanted to have LTE all the time, so I had no choice than to switch to Verizon and get the Z30 from them.
    06-11-14 04:44 PM
    Thanks for all the answer guys, really nicr to have others thought on it, will be upgrading really soon, I also never saw a Z30 so kinda hard to see all the feature...

And yeah well I had my Z10 since February 2013, in Canada, 3 weeks after launch I think.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 10:58 PM
    I've been using the Z30 for just over one month now. (came from a Z10 also) It's just an all around better experience for me. I thought the size of this phone would throw me off, but now when I pick up my wife's Z10, it feels as small as an iPhone. Just can't go back.

I posted this new review of the Z30 on my BBM Channel today. It may help you make your final decision?

http://berryflow.com/BBI/blackberry-...ted-os-10-2-1/

All the best.

BBM CHANNEL - "BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    lift likes this.
    06-11-14 11:22 PM
    the switch would totally be worth it. i, too, went from a z10 to z30 and never looked back. the z30 just seems more refined (in terms of build quality and what not). plus two days of battery life is awesome and it's easier to type on a wider screen. my only gripe is the screen brightness - it does not dim as much (in the dark) as the z10.
    06-12-14 02:34 AM
    I left blackberry went to a s4 and regretted it the z30 is just simply
    A pleasure to use it does everything a smartphone should.

Switch u will not be disappointed.
    06-12-14 02:55 AM
    One decision is crucial: size! If you're ready to carry and handle a 5 inch phone then go for it!

Otherwise I'd stick with the Z10 and get a battery charging bundle!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    06-12-14 02:59 AM
    Got a Z10 on day of release in the UK and enjoyed it, with the usual caveats of terrible battery life.

Got a z30 a couple of months ago and love it. Screen size, battery life, speed, battery life, miracast, battery life....

It is a beautifully made device, makes the Z10 feel a bit plasticy.

No regrets whatsoever. Yes full HD, more storage, quad core blah blah would be nice, but tbh comparing it to HTCs etc I think this compares extremely favourably.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    06-12-14 03:33 AM
    I was thinking about this but I'll wait for the windermere...

CB10 - Q5 -10.3.0.296/441 (radio)
    06-12-14 03:36 AM
    I went from the Torch 2 to the Z30, and never looked back. The Z30 is awesome!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    06-13-14 03:00 PM
    I recently took my youngest daughters upgrade and picked up the Z30. She is going to get my Z10. The Z30 is wonder so far! I would not hesitate to upgrade to this phone. Btw, it is starting to get a little love by some of the reviewers. I just showed our Director of IT and he really liked it:-)!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 06:18 PM
    From Z10 to Asus Padfone to Z30...never go back to other OS, to Z10 either.

Too good compared to Z10. Built quality, bigger screen and so good battery life.

If you liked Z10 you will love Z30.

Gob for it!

Via BlackBerry again!
    06-13-14 06:50 PM
    Here my way: BlackBerry 9870 - 9900 - Z10 - Q10 - LG G2 (!?!) - Z30 )

I love it: fantastic voice quality (the best I had so far), very very good battery life and all the apps you need could be installed, even Viber

I can recommend this phone for business use !

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 03:36 PM
    I was using a zi0 which I had since last march.but wanted a larger screen and better battery. Got my z30 4 days ago and have not looked back.love my new phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 05:54 PM
    Got a Z10 on day of release in the UK and enjoyed it, with the usual caveats of terrible battery life.

Got a z30 a couple of months ago and love it. Screen size, battery life, speed, battery life, miracast, battery life....

It is a beautifully made device, makes the Z10 feel a bit plasticy.

No regrets whatsoever. Yes full HD, more storage, quad core blah blah would be nice, but tbh comparing it to HTCs etc I think this compares extremely favourably.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    Since you have both. Do you notice any better signal strength on the 30 over the 10?
    07-06-14 06:07 PM
    Since you have both. Do you notice any better signal strength on the 30 over the 10?
    I have both also and I wish I could give you a direct comparison but I can't. The Z10 is on AT&T and the Z30 is on Verizon. But, there are many threads that say that the Z30 has a better antenna system than not only the Z10 but most other phones too.
    kbz1960 and kbz1960 like this.
    07-06-14 10:16 PM
    We have 3 Z10's and I just upgraded to the Z30 this week. Our cell service is horrible with the extra tourists on weekends at our lake and the Z30 gets a better signal than the z10s. The battery also blows away pretty much every phone out there.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:25 AM
29 12