03-13-14 02:33 AM
33 12
tools
    Correct, other suggestions Ragbert?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 02:20 PM
    I don't think they should be free, but for my case I don't need another subscription. I simply want to run for example justfreevpn.com og my BB, but the lack of an easy way to configure this makes it a "problem".

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 02:25 PM
    And it costs $20/month. No thanks.
    Supervpn's Blackberry service

check Super VPN - PPTP and Open VPN Anonymous Web Surfing Services they have VPN support for all Blackberry devices including Blackberry Z30 Z10 Q10 and Q5. You get access to dozen of worldwide available locations with ability to switch anytime you want. And it works via both wifi and mobile connection.

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-12-14 03:20 PM
    So put StrongSwan on amazon ec2 and worry again in a year.

Took me less than an hour the other night.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 03:33 PM
    That's because justfreevpn.com uses PPTP, which is also not supported by BB10. Some people have mentioned that PPTP is not as secure as some other protocols; it was created by Microsoft as a proprietary Windows protocol, and has been breached and patched numerous times, so I wouldn't recommend it either. But OpenVPN is secure and anonymous, not proprietary, and is the protocol of choice for most free VPN services now, at least according to my Google searches.

I don't think they should be free, but for my case I don't need another subscription. I simply want to run for example justfreevpn.com og my BB, but the lack of an easy way to configure this makes it a "problem".
    Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 03:36 PM
    https://12vpn.net/downloads/ikev2-on-blackberry-10/

I found this, this is the closest yet but you still need a monthly plan.

I need mine for Netflix and other streaming sites, so let me know if you find something similar.

Posted via CB10
    I use 12vpn and can tell you first hand it is great. I usually use the CiscoASA method, to be honest, but IKEv2 works fine too. I use it on both my Playbook and Z10. Their site got a big recent update with compatible server locations because me and someone high up had a lot of good exchanges. I am impressed with the support. It isn't the cheapest compared to some OpenVPN providers -- but it's rock solid and fast.

And super helpful. I see you're in Norway. Most of the servers are in the US and Canada, but there are several around the world. Two in London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Zurich (these are the servers that support IKEv2 and Cisco ASA). Tel Aviv is a bit further, and then in the far East as well with two in Singapore and one in Tokyo.

I believe their main focus is people stuck behind the Great Firewall of China, but I have had excellent luck. They also have OpenVPN servers for other devices,. I think they support pretty much all the protocols, but for BlackBerry you're looking at enterprise level stuff like Cisco, and IKEv2.

Also google 12vpn coupon. I got like 10 or 15% by pasting in a code at checkout.

And: No I do not work for them. ;-)

edit: I read your other posts a bit closer. You also have the computer and are using a free OpenVPN solution for that. Since you'd be paying for 12vpn's services anyway, there is no reason not to use the OpenVPN client on your home machine, and use the IPSec connections on your BlackBerry. It'd probably be faster than some free service (maybe?). You can do this at the same time as long as you're not connecting through the same server simultaneously.
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 03-12-14 at 06:49 PM.
    andre3030 likes this.
    03-12-14 06:35 PM
    Very true indeed and thank you for the very informative post. 12Vpn looks to me to be the most compatible for BB10 and as well for other units. I will give it some thought.

My biggest problem is the cost, 17$ for Spotify, 13$ for Netflix and my Carrier plan on top.

If I have have the need I will go for 12Vpn!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:41 PM
    VPnme server is in holland, if that matters for norway user.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 02:33 AM
33 12