04-11-14 05:20 AM
314 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    ... Look, I get it. For some folks, BBRY's biggest problem is a sales girl ... If salespeople are truly the biggest issue, then it is an easy fix IMHO, and BBRY should be fixing it.
    You seem to be advocating (rather adamantly) that because it isn't the "biggest" issue (according to you and millions of people like you) nothing should be done by the BlackBerry enthusiast regarding sales people. I'm saying that even if I agree with you that sales people aren't the "biggest" issue, working to get Blackberry hating salespeople fired is still worth it to me and others like me. Why? It's another step in the right direction, one that can be easily done at no cost to BlackBerry and at little cost or effort to the "grass roots" BlackBerry enthusiast.
    03-25-14 04:13 PM
    LOL.

I truly wish you the best. If you will, please videotape your encounters, and share them with the community.
    I'll post the letters I write, naming names. There will be crying here on the forums about how mean I am for working towards getting a lowly, BlackBerry hating sales clerk who is just trying to make a few bucks at a part time job fired. I'll be laughing, because I'll be enjoying what I'm doing.
    03-25-14 04:17 PM
    Fair questions:
    I mixed up what the girl said with what I've seen reported here on Crackberry and have heard from others personally about BlackBerry going out of business. When I spoke to Amanda from Verizon, I told her about many different things in addition to what the sales girl said. It was my one opportunity to complain loudly.

Like I wrote in another reply, I didn't have time to pursue the situation at that moment, had to leave. I took her commend about EOL to mean that BlackBerry was discontinuing the Z30, which I don't believe is true.

The kiosk is not a Verizon owned outlet, so it's possible that they don't carry all of the available phones.

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to get her fired, only want Verizon to do better education and communications with their retail outlets. Of course, I want BlackBerry to do a better job of marketing too, but I don't know who to complain to about that.

A while back, I had a complaint about the long voice mail prompts so that carriers would get you to use extra minutes every time and had found out about the form on the FCC website and remembered getting a call about it, so I knew that avenue might get some attention.

Again, if the Z30 had bad ratings and wasn't well liked by Verizon Customers, I would feel different. But having the top rated phone NOT available at retail outlets, seems wrong to me.
    I will say this... IMHO, you do sound a bit more rational than some folks OP.

Without getting too far into this, I have one point in all this. Much as we want to, any frontline mindshare issues are dwarfed by bigger issues. Folks can go on printing t-shirts, re-arranging store displays, going to opposing/competing stores to put "BB10 is the Best" on the display devices, and arrange Twitter campaigns, or even get BB tattoos (no, I didn't make any of these up, as vets will know).

But here's the thing... all our efforts are in vain if BBRY does not make the right decisions. If salespeople are the number one issue (and I admit, I am giggling while typing that), then BBRY needs to make sure people are trained.

If you start getting people in sales who are not pushing BBRY, you might want to prepare to face the CEOs of the telcos. they sell what makes them money.
    03-25-14 04:17 PM
    About 3 weeks ago, I was in a mall and stopped by the Verizon kiosk. I had my Z10 with me, but I wanted to feel a Z30 and see if it was something I would like. I also have clients that are interested in a Z30.

I asked a sales girl if they had the Z30 so I could take a look at it. She told me that it was End-Of-Life and not very good. My blood boiled and I just told her it was the best phone and walked away. They were very busy and I didn't have time to wait around just to set her straight.

I'm tired of the sales people at the carriers spreading lies about BlackBerry. The Z30 is one of the highest rated phones on verizonwireless.com and Amazon.com also. I understand if maybe the stores don't carry a big inventory of them, but at least have a display model so people can look at one and order it if desired.

In the meantime, I used the last upgrade I had available and got the Z30. Since then I've had 2 people buy it from Verizon and have a couple others on the edge.

I complained to @VZWSupport and also lodged a complaint on the FCC web site.
    Soon after, I got an email from the Verizon Wireless Executive Relations. A few days ago I got a phone call from Amanda asking me for more information on my complaint.

I explained to her what happened and how I have read many similar stories here on CrackBerry and online about sales people lying to customers.

I said, it's okay if sales staff doesn't push it or says they don't prefer it, but to lie and say the company is out of business or something similar is wrong. Does it make any sense that one of the highest rated phones on verizonwireless.com isn't available in stores? Your own customers rate it the best, but people can't buy one.

I explained that I had to buy one and show it to her customers because they couldn't see one in a local store.

She actually called around and found one 30 miles from me in another mall and wrote me back. She also said that she would see what could be done to educate the non-verizon vendors.
    Awesome! More people need to come forward and call these sales reps for what they are.
    03-25-14 04:21 PM
    You seem to be advocating (rather adamantly) that because it isn't the "biggest" issue (according to you and millions of people like you) nothing should be done by the BlackBerry enthusiast regarding sales people. I'm saying that even if I agree with you that sales people aren't the "biggest" issue, working to get Blackberry hating salespeople fired is still worth it to me and others like me. Why? It's another step in the right direction, one that can be easily done at no cost to BlackBerry and at little cost or effort to the "grass roots" BlackBerry enthusiast.
    All you need are enough others like you willing to see people fired, and you might have a movement. I wonder if CBK would want in on this.

I'll post the letters I write, naming names. There will be crying here on the forums about how mean I am for working towards getting a lowly, BlackBerry hating sales clerk who is just trying to make a few bucks at a part time job fired. I'll be laughing, because I'll be enjoying what I'm doing.
    And I do believe this is all that truly matters; as long as you love it. It's only a drop, but the ocean of change is made up of such drops. I'm sure more "enthusiasts" will join you, and Channels is the perfect rallying ground. There is a cause for everyone.

If only BBRY would pay you for such efforts.
    03-25-14 04:24 PM
    All you need are enough others like you willing to see people fired, and you might have a movement. I wonder if CBK would want in on this.
    Several others right here in this topic seem to agree.

And I do believe this is all that truly matters; as long as you love it. It's only a drop, but the ocean of change is made up of such drops. I'm sure more "enthusiasts" will join you, and Channels is the perfect rallying ground. There is a cause for everyone.

If only BBRY would pay you for such efforts.
    Channels is a great idea for spreading this strategy. Thank you! People like me don't do it for the money; it's a labor of love. I BlackBerry!
    03-25-14 04:30 PM
    True, the op didn't say the rep got fired, but I'm proposing that BlackBerry enthusiasts make an effort to get reps who are unfriendly towards BlackBerry fired. I'll work towards that goal from now on whenever I encounter BlackBerry hate in a cell phone store. (I guess that means every time.) I think going federal on the haters is a great idea, too. No, BBRY doesn't have to love BlackBerry most as one adamant detractor suggested. The grass roots BlackBerry enthusiast can love BlackBerry just as much by volunteering his time to thwart the haters in ways that might not be cost effective for BlackBerry itself to do. From now on, I'll strongly propose, in writing, that a mobile phone carrier fire obvious BlackBerry hating clerks; I'll name names in strongly worded written accusations.
    Firing people for being "unfriendly" to BlackBerry? Really? Wow, some people move from fan to obsessive so easily. All for a lump of glass and plastic. Wow.
    milo53 and MikeLip like this.
    03-25-14 04:34 PM
    Firing people for being "unfriendly" to BlackBerry? Really?
    Yes, really. I'm openly advocating this course of action. BlackBerry enthusiasts, name names in your written complaints! Take 'em to task! (Yes, in this economy. )
    NtotheK likes this.
    03-25-14 04:45 PM
    Yes, really. I'm openly advocating this course of action. BlackBerry enthusiasts, name names in your written complaints! Take 'em to task! (Yes, in this economy. )
    Love (and by love I mean hate) the idea that a salesperson could be sacked for suggesting a fone that has shocking sales numbers might not be the best thing ever.

FFS get real.

BB10 is a retail disaster of blackberry's making.

The retailers aren't to blame for no marketing....

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    Kashan Osama, milo53 and MikeLip like this.
    03-25-14 05:14 PM
    seriously OP? throwing away someone's Job because of a damn cellphone remark? lying? Did you never say these sort of things voluntarily which sounded like lying but actually weren't and it was just a sentiment?? WHAT THE FLING
    PFman and milo53 like this.
    03-25-14 05:17 PM
    ... which the poster that I quoted used also. Your point is moot. Think things through a little better next time before you get clever.
    Obviously a good number of people in this thread haven't thought stuff through.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-25-14 05:22 PM
    Love (and by love I mean hate) the idea that a salesperson could be sacked for suggesting a fone that has shocking sales numbers might not be the best thing ever ...
    My written complaints about specific sales clerks will be more accurate than the clerks' claims about BlackBerry. The clerks did it to themselves and have no one to blame but themselves for their lies and other statements made out of ignorance/incompetence. Put their jobs in jeopardy, BlackBerry supporters!
    03-25-14 05:35 PM
    Strategy suggestion: if you live in a one-party consent state, record the BlackBerry hating sales clerks and include the clips with your written complaints that name names!
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    03-25-14 05:40 PM
    It's unlikely we will ever have world peace at this rate. It's a mobile phone that's all.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Morty2264 and Kashan Osama like this.
    03-25-14 06:15 PM
    Lol...no you apparently also have no idea what EOL means in the merchandising of a carrier, because what you just posted as what EOL means is no where close.

Moving on.

To clarify, end of life is a standardized term. It's not carrier specific. It's not chain specific. It's INDUSTRY specific. It's widespread.

Hence why what you posted is your opinion but not at all representative of how it works when I'm speaking with my merchandising group.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Which Canadian carrier is stating that the Z30 is EOL?
    03-25-14 07:57 PM
    True, the op didn't say the rep got fired, but I'm proposing that BlackBerry enthusiasts make an effort to get reps who are unfriendly towards BlackBerry fired. I'll work towards that goal from now on whenever I encounter BlackBerry hate in a cell phone store. (I guess that means every time.) I think going federal on the haters is a great idea, too. No, BBRY doesn't have to love BlackBerry most as one adamant detractor suggested. The grass roots BlackBerry enthusiast can love BlackBerry just as much by volunteering his time to thwart the haters in ways that might not be cost effective for BlackBerry itself to do. From now on, I'll strongly propose, in writing, that a mobile phone carrier fire obvious BlackBerry hating clerks; I'll name names in strongly worded written accusations.
    ...wow.
    03-25-14 08:03 PM
    Nice to see someone like you take a stance on this great job! But something is still wrong, the Z30 has the highest rating on VZW's Web site yet very few if any stores carry the phone. There is more to this then we know and Verizon isn't going to say either. There are other devices on their site with similar ratings and they also get little attention from the stores, personally I believe they profit margins are higher or some manufacturers are paying them off IMO.

Posted via CB10
    One of my friends used to work for a particular carrier in Canada and actually told me how they would make employees push phones and to ignore the rest. He however is very knowledgeable in the differences in phones so would actually teach the customers the differences and let them decide for themselves. But most employees just heavily push whatever was the companies phone of choice that month (usually android) and know next to nothing about phones other than buy this iPhone or buy this galaxy

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:22 PM
    ...wow.
    Can you please tell me who is saying that the BlackBerry Z30 is EOL?
    Where can I read this (besides here)?
    BlackBerry is part of the INDUSTRY and they are saying that the Z30 is not EOL.
    03-25-14 09:08 PM
    I'm willing to bet not much.

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    you'd lose your $20 for sure.
    03-25-14 09:10 PM
    So while you may feel better for having called out that poor girl, you are doing what my old boss called "Pissing up a rope."
    I think it all depends on who is actually climbing that rope when you're pissing up it. It sounds like the person that was in their customer service group might give a damn and might actually escalate this.

The BlackBerry / Verizon relationship is storied (yes, sometimes horror-storied) but a thousand mile journey starts with a single step, an avalanche starts from a single pebble, a stitch in time saves nine, blood is thicker than water... all that starts with just a little pissing up a rope.

Thanks OP for going the extra step: my days of dealing with carrier store staff are done, and I'd like to see more BlackBerry Experience vehicles out there on the road.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-25-14 09:16 PM
    Firing people for being "unfriendly" to BlackBerry? Really? Wow, some people move from fan to obsessive so easily. All for a lump of glass and plastic. Wow.
    Yeah it's a little terrifying.

If you ask me a question & don't get an answer, you're likely on ignore on whatever mobile device I'm using today.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    03-25-14 11:02 PM
    Yeah it's a little terrifying.

If you ask me a question & don't get an answer, you're likely on ignore on whatever mobile device I'm using today.
    Understood... here we go...
    :>)
    03-25-14 11:47 PM
    Many of us BlackBerry enthusiasts have encountered negative & frankly disrespectful comments from sales reps when inquiring about BlackBerry devices. I think we should respond in a calm and consistent manner going forward.

First, I think the rep should be called out for their behavior, in a matter of fact way. I'd say something like, "I find that comment to be a bit obnoxious and quite rude."

I would then go on to ask the rep what they hoped to accomplish by saying something like, "Do you think ridiculing my selection of device is the best way to encourage a purchase?"

I would end with the following, "I'm not here for advice on which device you recommend. I am quite knowledgeable about my needs and understand that BlackBerry meets those needs best. If you are unwilling to sell me what I've requested, I will gladly take my business to someone who will listen to their customers."

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    canuckvoip and midnightdoom like this.
    03-26-14 06:46 AM
    Many of us BlackBerry enthusiasts have encountered negative & frankly disrespectful comments from sales reps when inquiring about BlackBerry devices. I think we should respond in a calm and consistent manner going forward.

First, I think the rep should be called out for their behavior, in a matter of fact way. I'd say something like, "I find that comment to be a bit obnoxious and quite rude."

I would then go on to ask the rep what they hoped to accomplish by saying something like, "Do you think ridiculing my selection of device is the best way to encourage a purchase?"

I would end with the following, "I'm not here for advice on which device you recommend. I am quite knowledgeable about my needs and understand that BlackBerry meets those needs best. If you are unwilling to sell me what I've requested, I will gladly take my business to someone who will listen to their customers."

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    Complaining in the forums and to the FCC is the wrong way to go about it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    03-26-14 06:58 AM
    Complaining in the forums and to the FCC is the wrong way to go about it.
    Just because you say so "in the forums" doesn't mean others shouldn't/can't/won't do it.
    extisis likes this.
    03-26-14 07:13 AM
314 ... 7891011 ...