04-11-14 05:20 AM
314 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Why are you defending a liar?
    At best she is uneducated and needs retraining. The only way to fix that is to complain and get management to retrain her. If she does it repeatedly she deserves to be out on her A$$.
    If my employee kept on in that manner I'd fire her/him in a heartbeat.
    It's called managing employees to make sure customers are getting the best possible service.
    UGH!!!!
    UGH!!

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-24-14 07:21 PM
    Ah, and you think I'm sitting here waiting for my check from Apple, right? Let me settle your mind. OS4 was a mess. OS5 was a bigger mess. OS 6 was a hot mess. OS7 was a little better. How do I know that? I had a BB 8330, Storm 2 and a Bold. If you don't do battery pulls on them, they crash. OS7 was better but still crashesd eventually. If you had been around then, you'd know that. BB *FINALLY* dropped their old OS and went to QNX - too late. By then iPhone was eating heir lunch, and Android was coming up quickly. BB10 when first released had all kinds of problems, but that was expected and they finally made it usable. But now their marketshare in the US is lagging even WP8. Why is that? Because some skippy in a kiosk decided she doesn't like BB? Not really. It's because BB was arrogant about their market position. Now they are playing catchup. And yeah, the have a nice phone. The Z30 earned it's way back into my pocket after several Androids. There is one reason for that - they did a good job on the phone. That's my criteria. It helps that yeah, I liked BB - especially the Bold, and was hoping they'd get it together. Technically, they have. Their marketing, however. sucks. And having clowns like you assuming that anyone who comes here and says something good about another phone is a shill isn't helping anything. You are basically the BB version of the Apply fanboy and think things through about as deeply as one.
    Well said.

03-24-14 07:28 PM
    I think blackberry fans have been blaming scheming sales people for a long time. Time to stop blaming everyone else and be concerned that BlackBerry is the ones who have created this negative image in the first place. HONESTLY, would you really suggest an average consumer to get a BB10 device on contract which came from a company that might not be here by the end of their contract? If all they do is communication then maybe, but for the next 2 years do you expect support for this device? Highly questionable.

03-24-14 07:34 PM
    Next we shd complain to the BBB

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:37 PM
    This thread is a trainwreck at this point. One, the rep didn't lie. Two, where did the OP say that the rep got fired? One of his/her comments said that he/she didn't get the name of the rep, so there could be no direct punishment.
    playbook_swiper1 and TGR1 like this.
    03-24-14 07:43 PM
    Really can't find anything wrong with what you said. It's good advice for life.

In this case, the one point I think most people will disagree with is that instead of calling a federal agency, I would have been more likely to email JC.
    You are 100% correct, and I am definitely not trying to say that BlackBerry itself didn't contribute to it's current state.
    John Chen does, however, have enough on his plate, trying to repair everything that his predecessors caused (all three of them.) One of the repairs needed is carrier support, and he has publicly stated that their relationships with carriers are improving (we haven't seen anything that is going on in the background), and we have yet to see the results of these "improved relations", at all. This all corresponds to my second point, both BlackBerry and the carriers need a kick in the arse. (And the federal government would be happy to do that!) Which is why I applaud situations like these, I myself may have went to the manager first, however, desperate times call for desperate measures, I suppose.
    03-24-14 08:00 PM
    you guys have to understand that most likely to the people in the U.S. are what you would call Highly suggestable. They grew up watching 6 to 7 hours of television a day. Studies show that if you do watch that much television, you don't have the ability to really think for yourself. So, lighten up on them, they are brain damaged.
    What an ignorant, asinine comment. What makes you an expert on American lifestyle? What you yourself saw on TV? Or maybe because the Internet told you! Because they can't put it on the Internet if it isn't true!! LMAO!
    Besides, does anyone actually know if it was BlackBerry, or Verizon that made the business decision to not stock Z30's in store? Could this possibly have been a BlackBerry decision coming on the heels of a huge write off of their previous product?
    Btw....if you are going to rip on Americans and how "brain-damaged" we all are, you may want to educate yourself on intelligently expressing the English language properly.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 08:19 PM
    This thread is a trainwreck at this point. One, the rep didn't lie. Two, where did the OP say that the rep got fired? One of his/her comments said that he/she didn't get the name of the rep, so there could be no direct punishment.
    There are people saying she should be. Does that make it better?

I think it's over the top and ridiculous to want someone to lose their job over a merchandiser putting a phone in EOL status.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    03-24-14 08:20 PM
    About 3 weeks ago, I was in a mall and stopped by the Verizon kiosk. I had my Z10 with me, but I wanted to feel a Z30 and see if it was something I would like. I also have clients that are interested in a Z30.

I asked a sales girl if they had the Z30 so I could take a look at it. She told me that it was End-Of-Life and not very good. My blood boiled and I just told her it was the best phone and walked away. They were very busy and I didn't have time to wait around just to set her straight.

I'm tired of the sales people at the carriers spreading lies about BlackBerry. The Z30 is one of the highest rated phones on verizonwireless.com and Amazon.com also. I understand if maybe the stores don't carry a big inventory of them, but at least have a display model so people can look at one and order it if desired.

In the meantime, I used the last upgrade I had available and got the Z30. Since then I've had 2 people buy it from Verizon and have a couple others on the edge.

I complained to @VZWSupport and also lodged a complaint on the FCC web site.
    Soon after, I got an email from the Verizon Wireless Executive Relations. A few days ago I got a phone call from Amanda asking me for more information on my complaint.

I explained to her what happened and how I have read many similar stories here on CrackBerry and online about sales people lying to customers.

I said, it's okay if sales staff doesn't push it or says they don't prefer it, but to lie and say the company is out of business or something similar is wrong. Does it make any sense that one of the highest rated phones on verizonwireless.com isn't available in stores? Your own customers rate it the best, but people can't buy one.

I explained that I had to buy one and show it to her customers because they couldn't see one in a local store.

She actually called around and found one 30 miles from me in another mall and wrote me back. She also said that she would see what could be done to educate the non-verizon vendors.
    Good for you!! I'm glad you set her straight. It's like these sales people are actively working against BlackBerry, which makes no sense to me! Most consumer don't ask for their devices, and those who do nowadays tend to be the die hard BlackBerry fans. It's insulting when he walk into a store and ask to buy a specific device and the sales rep makes a negative comment about what you've come to buy!

I've walked out of stores for that very reason. Switched my wife from T-Mobile to AT&T when they reacted negatively when I tried to buy my wife a Bold, same as what I had. Very insulting!

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    03-24-14 08:51 PM
    There are people saying she should be. Does that make it better?

I think it's over the top and ridiculous to want someone to lose their job over a merchandiser putting a phone in EOL status.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    I think that the comments that suggest that she should be fired are way out of line. But saying that she should be fired (subjective) isn't the same as saying that she was fired (objective) because that isn't true. There are many comments on here saying that she was fired, so I wasn't addressing you, personally, with my post.
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-24-14 09:35 PM
    i heard if a company sells more than a certain number of phones, the manufacturer will write them a bonus check /cheque
    03-24-14 10:19 PM
    i heard if a company sells more than a certain number of phones, the manufacturer will write them a bonus check /cheque
    [Citation Needed]
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-24-14 11:25 PM
    This story is interesting. I just had an experience like this in Verizon. I was trying to buy a Z30 gel skin in a Verizon store in Torrance, CA.

The rep said they had Z30s, but they were in the back. She went back to check for the skin, and they had NO Z30 accessories. She said they only have them online.

I ordered online. The next day I was near another Verizon store, also in Torrance, and to my amazement, BlackBerrys were being treated just like ALL the other phones! They had a Q10 turned on, a white Z10 powered on, and a Z30 powered on. They all had that demo mode, but had the Explore Device option. It was the first time I'd held a Z30, and seeing as I'm expecting one in the mail from Shop BlackBerry soon, it was quite nice.

I ALSO witnessed something pretty spectacular in this same store. For a while now, I've read these stories on here about people watching sales reps steer people away from BlackBerry. I never doubted these stories, but I finally saw for myself. I was checking out the Z30 (with my Z10 in hand) when an old guy (Vietnam vet, he was in a wheelchair and wearing the hat) wheeled up and went straight for the Q10. The Q10 was on but asleep. I was watching him from the next little station over, as I was now checking out some Windows Phone for fun. He then looked at the Z30, and went back to holding the Q10. Next thing I know, he's talking to the sales rep, and he shows him his 9930. He wanted to upgrade within the next month. I listened VERY carefully, to see what the sales rep would say, while trying to not look like a total weirdo trying to listen in.

He was knowledgable, telling the man that BlackBerry 10 is very different from the old ones, and that it's powered by QNX. Then he told him that "lots of people don't like it because it's too complicated." This would be the point where, if I were the sales guy, I would take the man over to the Q10 and SHOW HIM the differences from the 9930. Nope! The old man said he likes his 9930 because he can type on the keys with one hand. "One-handed use"...sounds like a BlackBerry 10 selling point. It was the perfect time for the sales rep to show him the virtual BlackBerry 10 keyboard, and how it is IDEAL for using with one hand. Nope! The sales rep took the man right over to the iPhone display, telling him that the iPhone is "more intuitive than people think" and that "it's practically made for one handed use, while Androids are made for using with two hands." Not a mention of the Z10 and Z30 which were on full display.

No idea what happened after that because I left (no Z30 accessories here either), but it was here that I saw for myself how sales reps are contributing to BlackBerry's problems.
    southlander and Morty2264 like this.
    03-25-14 12:12 AM
    This story is interesting. I just had an experience like this in Verizon. I was trying to buy a Z30 gel skin in a Verizon store in Torrance, CA.

The rep said they had Z30s, but they were in the back. She went back to check for the skin, and they had NO Z30 accessories. She said they only have them online.

I ordered online. The next day I was near another Verizon store, also in Torrance, and to my amazement, BlackBerrys were being treated just like ALL the other phones! They had a Q10 turned on, a white Z10 powered on, and a Z30 powered on. They all had that demo mode, but had the Explore Device option. It was the first time I'd held a Z30, and seeing as I'm expecting one in the mail from Shop BlackBerry soon, it was quite nice.

I ALSO witnessed something pretty spectacular in this same store. For a while now, I've read these stories on here about people watching sales reps steer people away from BlackBerry. I never doubted these stories, but I finally saw for myself. I was checking out the Z30 (with my Z10 in hand) when an old guy (Vietnam vet, he was in a wheelchair and wearing the hat) wheeled up and went straight for the Q10. The Q10 was on but asleep. I was watching him from the next little station over, as I was now checking out some Windows Phone for fun. He then looked at the Z30, and went back to holding the Q10. Next thing I know, he's talking to the sales rep, and he shows him his 9930. He wanted to upgrade within the next month. I listened VERY carefully, to see what the sales rep would say, while trying to not look like a total weirdo trying to listen in.

He was knowledgable, telling the man that BlackBerry 10 is very different from the old ones, and that it's powered by QNX. Then he told him that "lots of people don't like it because it's too complicated." This would be the point where, if I were the sales guy, I would take the man over to the Q10 and SHOW HIM the differences from the 9930. Nope! The old man said he likes his 9930 because he can type on the keys with one hand. "One-handed use"...sounds like a BlackBerry 10 selling point. It was the perfect time for the sales rep to show him the virtual BlackBerry 10 keyboard, and how it is IDEAL for using with one hand. Nope! The sales rep took the man right over to the iPhone display, telling him that the iPhone is "more intuitive than people think" and that "it's practically made for one handed use, while Androids are made for using with two hands." Not a mention of the Z10 and Z30 which were on full display.

No idea what happened after that because I left (no Z30 accessories here either), but it was here that I saw for myself how sales reps are contributing to BlackBerry's problems.
    To be fair, a Z30 is large and not for one handed use for most people.

03-25-14 12:37 AM
    Or, rather than going that route and having your email tossed by his secretary, you could simply go to her boss. He or she is right there, you know? Why wasn't that the first option?
    I wasn't thinking clearly at that moment. Also, my whole day had been screwed up and I was at the mercy of the people that I was riding with. They were walking out the door and I had to go with them.
    03-25-14 01:08 AM
    To be fair, a Z30 is large and not for one handed use for most people.

But the Z10 FREE on a 2 year contract is.
    southlander likes this.
    03-25-14 01:20 AM
    It's not a sales person fault if she thinks blackberry is dead. Although it's part of her job to educate herself about all kinds of phone possibly in their hand whether popular or not. Most sales person are after their commission they don't really care much about what you like they care of how to persuade you to buy the products that they can get a better commission. Which of course for the smart consumers is annoying and very disappointing.

Blackberry is doing less about this if they are doing something about it as they're focus more in the enterprise which makes sense at this point but they will start to lose average consumers as well.

via Q10
    03-25-14 01:35 AM
    Yeah, I don't agree with any of this. I hope I'm not alone in that.

I am envious your EXTREMELY small bubble
    03-25-14 01:40 AM

you guys have to understand that most likely to the people in the U.S. are what you would call Highly suggestable. They grew up watching 6 to 7 hours of television a day. Studies show that if you do watch that much television, you don't have the ability to really think for yourself. So, lighten up on them, they are brain damaged.

Yeah, I don't agree with any of this. I hope I'm not alone in that.

I am envious your EXTREMELY small bubble.

I'm American and can confirm that :
    a) most are highly susceptible to suggestion
    b) most grew up watching 6 to 7 hours of tv daily
    c) most don't have the ability to really think for themselves
    d) "they are brain damaged" ---not "damaged" but absolutely most are "Delusional"
    Last edited by jpvose; 03-25-14 at 02:12 AM. Reason: mis-quoted
    NtotheK likes this.
    03-25-14 01:41 AM
    Hum!! They don't have TV's in the rest of the world??? I think not my delusional misinformed friend.

Sent using CB Forum App
    03-25-14 03:58 AM
    If you want to buy it outright it was $300 last I looked. Nice deal, and in some ways I like it more than the Z30. It's definitely easier to use one handed. But you don't get that amazing battery life.
    03-25-14 04:51 AM
    Way to go Dude, that was really awesome... , next is ATT , I am going after their sorry Butts... Blackberry Forever.
    03-25-14 05:08 AM
    If you can find one. I have seen these disappear from shelves too. They definitely don't have it in the VZW me.

03-25-14 06:07 AM
    I am envious your EXTREMELY small bubble
    What bubble?

03-25-14 06:08 AM
    I am envious your EXTREMELY small bubble.

I'm American and can confirm that :
    a) most are highly susceptible to suggestion
    b) most grew up watching 6 to 7 hours of tv daily
    c) most don't have the ability to really think for themselves
    d) "they are brain damaged" ---not "damaged" but absolutely most are "Delusional"
    There are so many generalizations with your post, its crazy how you think it is fact.

03-25-14 06:09 AM
314 ... 45678 ...