Great job!!! Just the other day I received some junk mail from Verizon with an limited offer of an early upgrade to one of those iphone c. I called them and told them not to send me anymore of this trash again. And it felt good..

Posted using my Z10
    03-29-14 05:36 PM
    It's not marketing when you are contractually bound to carry that brands products.

Posted via CB10
    That store didn't carry it though. That was reported ages ago in these forums, where only certain Verizon stores carried the Z30.
    03-29-14 06:04 PM
    Someone losing there job while sad is of no concern to me at all.
    If your job is to sell customers phones you better know your ****...it's what your being paid to do. It's no different than going to a restaurant and ordering the eggplant parmesano to have the waitress tell you they are out of eggplants because she didn't bother to check with the chef and just made something up to have you order something else.

Now what would be interesting is if BlackBerry users/fans could record some of these conversations where sales reps claim BlackBerry is out of business and send them to BlackBerry. One or two reps is one thing but if you've got hundreds at several major carriers then there is cause for concern especially on BlackBerry front because that could be considered collusion on their part to force BlackBerry out not that they haven't screwed up themselves...Ok tin foil hat off.

Posted via CB10
    Hundreds? Where you only hear these stories in a Blackberry oriented forum, I think there might not be liars per say, but I think some may be exaggerating or even just taking anything negative towards Blackberry personal and a lot of times when I see these stories is that person reporting these stories never gets the whole story from the reps.
    03-29-14 06:07 PM
    Great job!!! Just the other day I received some junk mail from Verizon with an limited offer of an early upgrade to one of those iphone c. I called them and told them not to send me anymore of this trash again. And it felt good..

Posted using my Z10
    Its easier to remove it from your email in the future by just applying an email filter like a normal person.

smh
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-29-14 06:09 PM
    Butterfreee!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    I can't believe Ash let Butterfree go.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4185604) likes this.
    03-29-14 06:11 PM
    Hundreds? Where you only hear these stories in a Blackberry oriented forum, I think there might not be liars per say, but I think some may be exaggerating or even just taking anything negative towards Blackberry personal and a lot of times when I see these stories is that person reporting these stories never gets the whole story from the reps.
    While I have not seen this going on personally, I do know it happens. My brother switched to Verizon and asked about the Z10 based on the good things I had to say about it. I won't rehash what was told, but it was the same classic, clich�d spiel that has been complained about ad nauseam here. My brother was a former BlackBerry user from OS5 days and still had a bad taste in his mouth about BlackBerry, so he did not need much convincing that BlackBerry "sucks". Which I am in no way ****-hurt about, however this sales guy real did a disservice to him as far, as I'm concerned, with the phones that were pushed on my brother and his family based on my knowledge of what was available at the time, but that is another subject altogether...my point is, while I'm convinced many may exaggerate the circumstances and imply over and above what actually transpired, this stuff does go on. People don't tolerate this stuff from used car salesmen, I don't understand why they do when it comes to their "tech".

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:34 PM
    While I have not seen this going on personally, I do know it happens. My brother switched to Verizon and asked about the Z10 based on the good things I had to say about it. I won't rehash what was told, but it was the same classic, clich�d spiel that has been complained about ad nauseam here. My brother was a former BlackBerry user from OS5 days and still had a bad taste in his mouth about BlackBerry, so he did not need much convincing that BlackBerry "sucks". Which I am in no way ****-hurt about, however this sales guy real did a disservice to him as far, as I'm concerned, with the phones that were pushed on my brother and his family based on my knowledge of what was available at the time, but that is another subject altogether...my point is, while I'm convinced many may exaggerate the circumstances and imply over and above what actually transpired, this stuff does go on. People don't tolerate this stuff from used car salesmen, I don't understand why they do when it comes to their "tech".

Posted via CB10
    If we are grown adults buying devices why does it take a sales rep to change what we are going to spend our money on. When I walked VZW for my upgrade I looked at all the high end devices and once I held the Moto X in my hands I knew what I wanted and I know the sales rep wanted to suggest something else I was not having it, the Moto X was the only flagship that felt good to use in one hand I still love it to this day. As adults, we make our own decisions and not just let some person on commission dissuade us from what we want.
    03-29-14 09:04 PM
    Its easier to remove it from your email in the future by just applying an email filter like a normal person.

smh
    Don't be so quick to judge others, just because they chose to follow through doesn't make them abnormal !!

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Z10 (STL100-3) 10.2.1.2228 on AT&T
    03-29-14 09:23 PM
    If we are grown adults buying devices why does it take a sales rep to change what we are going to spend our money on. When I walked VZW for my upgrade I looked at all the high end devices and once I held the Moto X in my hands I knew what I wanted and I know the sales rep wanted to suggest something else I was not having it, the Moto X was the only flagship that felt good to use in one hand I still love it to this day. As adults, we make our own decisions and not just let some person on commission dissuade us from what we want.
    LOL some folks believe that sales people have the power to convince people to change brand decisions. And keep them on those brands for the long run, no less.

Of course, people that use other brands are "easily persuaded."
    03-29-14 10:26 PM
    Would anyone be willing to donate 2 OLD blackberries to me? I want to use them as bookends
    Yeah this argument about sales reps is old and tired. They need to find something/someone else to blame.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-29-14 10:55 PM

smh
    Yes but if every user called in to complain the support costs alone would lead to a business practice change.

One method (yours) has no impact, didn't cost them anything and continued to encourage the behaviour.

The other directly impacts them. The average support cost costs a company 7.50 between employee costs, network, systems, hardware, etc.

Just because you do something one way doesn't make it the right way. Especially if nothing is changing.

Posted via CB from my LE
    franky62 likes this.
    03-29-14 11:06 PM
    Yes but if every user called in to complain the support costs alone would lead to a business practice change.

One method (yours) has no impact, didn't cost them anything and continued to encourage the behaviour.

The other directly impacts them. The average support cost costs a company 7.50 between employee costs, network, systems, hardware, etc.

Just because you do something one way doesn't make it the right way. Especially if nothing is changing.

Posted via CB from my LE
    But it was an email in his JUNK folder and he called Verizon about it because it was something about and iPhone. Think about it honestly does that sound like something a regular adult would do? Adding a simple junk filter or deleting the email was too hard.

03-29-14 11:50 PM
    Don't be so quick to judge others, just because they chose to follow through doesn't make them abnormal !!

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Z10 (STL100-3) 10.2.1.2228 on AT&T
    What? Its not that it is abnormal, it just does not make sense.

03-29-14 11:51 PM
    Adding a simple junk filter or deleting the email was too hard.

Not hard, ineffective.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-30-14 02:04 AM
    Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 07:21 AM
    Not hard, ineffective.

Posted via CB from my LE
    How so?

03-30-14 07:29 AM
    In a convoluted, roundabout way, I was agreeing with you. Lol....I see my comment was edited too, oops. Didn't realize that term was offensive. The Moto X was the phone that almost got me away from BlackBerry....

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:37 AM
    How so?

What effect does an email filter have? The problem is still there it is just moved out of sight. You have cost the spammers 0 cents.

If you stand up and do something about it for once - and you take up even 15 minutes of their time - you cost them money. Which is something. And enough of something causes change.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-30-14 11:58 AM
    What effect does an email filter have? The problem is still there it is just moved out of sight. You have cost the spammers 0 cents.

If you stand up and do something about it for once - and you take up even 15 minutes of their time - you cost them money. Which is something. And enough of something causes change.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Change for what? It was a random email in a JUNK folder, that email is not even worth the effort of calling support about it. But whatever floats your boat. They didn't cost you money so how does costing them money make sense? I'm not seeing the logic you are having right now. Another thing, if the email in the junk folder was about BlackBerry would that have made it better?

03-30-14 12:50 PM
    Change for what? It was a random email in a JUNK folder, that email is not even worth the effort of calling support about it. But whatever floats your boat. They didn't cost you money so how does costing them money make sense? I'm not seeing the logic you are having right now. Another thing, if the email in the junk folder was about BlackBerry would that have made it better?

I'm going to let it slide . Your making a small mistake imo here by losing context a little bit. I haven't called anyone. Your saying filtering emails is how you should 'fight back' against something important to someone, and I disagree.

I think its not up to you or me to decide / judge what someone else values should be and the importance to them. If this is important to him, and he wants to have an impact, I think filtering emails is useless.

Posted via CB from my LE
    canuckvoip likes this.
    03-30-14 01:37 PM
    I'm going to let it slide . Your making a small mistake imo here by losing context a little bit. I haven't called anyone. Your saying filtering emails is how you should 'fight back' against something important to someone, and I disagree.

I think its not up to you or me to decide / judge what someone else values should be and the importance to them. If this is important to him, and he wants to have an impact, I think filtering emails is useless.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Something tells me it made little impact at all. If he wants one less email, more power to him, but I think that valuing a company so much (BlackBerry) is not that serious seeing as they want your money just as bad as any other company.

03-30-14 02:03 PM
    Something tells me it made little impact at all. If he wants one less email, more power to him, but I think that valuing a company so much (BlackBerry) is not that serious seeing as they want your money just as bad as any other company.

I understand what you think the value is, and it isn't much different for me.

But I think that is his decision to decide what is important to him. No matter how you look at it, calling a support line will always have a higher impact than just filtering an email.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-30-14 06:03 PM
    I understand what you think the value is, and it isn't much different for me.

But I think that is his decision to decide what is important to him. No matter how you look at it, calling a support line will always have a higher impact than just filtering an email.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Whatever you say. I still think its beyond petty.

03-30-14 06:18 PM
    As a consumer you have to be informed yourself and not blame everything on the sales person. Any big purchase such as a phone, tablet, car, or anything that goes for a couple hundred dollars or more you should be researching it.

Agreed. never buy anything without doing a little research. Then, buy whats bestvfor you.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:18 PM
    Whatever you say. I still think its beyond petty.

Unfortunately that's the way it is . Everyone has different values.

At some point someone sending you unwanted spam became acceptable, then became the norm, and eventually part of marketing in general.

When you email someone, you have to expect they may reply or even call you if they disagree with the subject matter. Seems to me like it ran it's natural course.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-30-14 06:34 PM
314 ... 10111213