The only thing that should be EOL'd is BlackBerry hating store personnel!
    extisis likes this.
    03-27-14 07:42 PM
    I was going on two things, the EOL statement to me sounded like a lie because I didn't know how wireless stores work and didn't know that one could EOL it at just one outlet.
    The education has to do with the fact that the Z30 is a highly rated phone and I would like sales staff to stop dissing it and be aware it's a highly-rated phone and NOT EOL.
    Your first paragraph makes it seem like you now understand what EOL means, but your second paragraph ends with the emphatic statement that the Z30 is not EOL. This is confusing. If you could not buy the device at the kiosk and the rep told you that it was EOL, what makes you think that the rep was lying? Have you returned to the kiosk and found that they have Z30s in stock now? I'm not following your train of thought here.
    03-27-14 09:37 PM
    When I worked in retail a lifetime ago, we EOLed/EOSed items based on location. Happened all the time. You could buy the stuff online at times, but old models that didn't sell got EOLed fairly quickly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-27-14 09:44 PM
    When I worked in retail a lifetime ago, we EOLed/EOSed items based on location. Happened all the time. You could buy the stuff online at times, but old models that didn't sell got EOLed fairly quickly.
    Same here. I worked in a music store many years ago. My store wouldn't keep older titles of Aerosmith (for example), but would keep older titles of the Spinners. We were an urban-focused store and this made sense. A store that was about 3 miles away from us did the opposite because its customer base was more interested in Rock and Alternative music. If an Aerosmith album was sent back/not replenished in our store, it wasn't because the album wasn't good or the record label stopped creating new copies of it. We sent it back because it sat on our shelves for six months and didn't sell.

All retail stores have a finite amount of space. Only items that will sell well will get shelf space. Other items that don't sell well will be sent back, not replenished when it is sold, or both. A kiosk would have this concern more than a full store would. This shouldn't be a hard concept to understand.
    Tre Lawrence and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-27-14 09:55 PM
    It was explained before.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    not really. here it is: End-of-life (EOL) is a term used with respect to a product supplied to customers, indicating that the product is in the end of its useful life (from the vendor's point-of-view). The last bit just means it's the store's opinion. And again, i'll say i don't care about what the store thinks.

SO, if you tell me a device is "EOL" while i'm visiting your store, but yet you're still carrying a few models, well bring one out for me and hush on your Opinions about BlackBerry. You don't know anything about BlackBerry. Simple as that. Now if you're saying it's "EOL" and you don't have one to show me, i'm out. Life is just simple like that, you know?
    03-27-14 10:26 PM
    not really. here it is: End-of-life (EOL) is a term used with respect to a product supplied to customers, indicating that the product is in the end of its useful life (from the vendor's point-of-view). The last bit just means it's the store's opinion. And again, i'll say i don't care about what the store thinks.

SO, if you tell me a device is "EOL" while i'm visiting your store, but yet you're still carrying a few models, well bring one out for me and hush on your Opinions about BlackBerry. You don't know anything about BlackBerry. Simple as that. Now if you're saying it's "EOL" and you don't have one to show me, i'm out. Life is just simple like that, you know?
    LOL... that is what happened here.
    03-27-14 10:44 PM
    LOL... that is what happened here.
    that's nice and all. i was just stating what i'd do. thanks for not acknowledging the rest of the post which was more important.
    03-27-14 10:51 PM

But the store didn't have any and said it was EOL for them so.....

03-28-14 04:22 AM
    I also have the z30 and its by far the best phone I have ever had, runs great, always works, can load android and blackberry apps, great screen, and gets the job done.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    03-28-14 06:33 AM
    But the store didn't have any and said it was EOL for them so.....

When Joe or Jane average hears "EOL" they will tend to think of it as industry wide terminology. The phone is not EOL from the manufacturer at all which is the only "industry wide" way in which the term could be used. Therefore, some sales rep saying that because it is EOL in their particular company's pipeline is doing the customer (Joe/Jane) a serious disservice, perhaps lying by omission.
    The Z30 is not EOL until BlackBerry says it is. I could see something being EOL in NA, but still being sold as current elsewhere so you could say it's EOL in NA at that point, but none of this is true.
    The Z30 is not EOL, and I have a tweet from a well known Canadian BlackBerry rep that says so.
    03-28-14 10:44 AM
    When Joe or Jane average hears "EOL" they will tend to think of it as industry wide terminology. The phone is not EOL from the manufacturer at all which is the only "industry wide" way in which the term could be used. Therefore, some sales rep saying that because it is EOL in their particular company's pipeline is doing the customer (Joe/Jane) a serious disservice, perhaps lying by omission.
    The Z30 is not EOL until BlackBerry says it is. I could see something being EOL in NA, but still being sold as current elsewhere so you could say it's EOL in NA at that point, but none of this is true.
    The Z30 is not EOL, and I have a tweet from a well known Canadian BlackBerry rep that says so.
    But the OP was getting the device anyways. Again, how many average consumers are going into stores and asking about the Z30 in order for this to have more weight? We know its not EOL. It was more than likely just EOL for that outlet because it was not selling well. But if you go to a corporate store they are more likely to have it. Retail Verizon stores move stock quickly so they can earn $$$. If stock is not moving, you get rid of it or in this case EOL it.

03-28-14 12:22 PM
    to complaining about her can have her end up with her on her *** because you felt mad. Now she's jobless because you got mad
    No, I disagree. Her job is to understand products and sell them to customers.

She did not understand the products and acted as a poor sales person. IF she is jobless it is because she was not good at her job.

Moreover someone at Verizon in a relative position of power now knows that by not stocking the latest BlackBerry and having a representative that does not invest the appropriate amount of time to work with customers (regardless of who's fault that is) they have irritated an existing client. That is a win. Replicate that a thousand times and that will become a solution.

Posted via CB from my LE
    canuckvoip and franky62 like this.
    03-28-14 12:27 PM
    No, I disagree. Her job is to understand products and sell them to customers.

She did not understand the products and acted as a poor sales person. IF she is jobless it is because she was not good at her job.

Moreover someone at Verizon in a relative position of power now knows that by not stocking the latest BlackBerry and having a representative that does not invest the appropriate amount of time to work with customers (regardless of who's fault that is) they have irritated an existing client. That is a win. Replicate that a thousand times and that will become a solution.

Posted via CB from my LE
    She said it was EOL as explained numerous times before. We don't know whether she used and didn't like it or she didn't use it but said it was not very good anyways. We don't know the full story, as the OP walked away angrily to find out her reasons for saying what she said. Furthermore, OP was getting a Z30 anyways so is it a sale lost?

03-28-14 12:34 PM
    We know its not EOL. It was more than likely just EOL for that outlet because it was not selling well.

That's what I've been saying.
    03-28-14 12:41 PM
    She said it was EOL as explained numerous times before. We don't know whether she used and didn't like it or she didn't use it but said it was not very good anyways. We don't know the full story, as the OP walked away angrily to find out her reasons for saying what she said. Furthermore, OP was getting a Z30 anyways so is it a sale lost?

I don't care about the definitions around EOL it doesn't really matter. A good sales person knows that communication is two parts. What you say and how it is interpreted. If you stop caring about interpretation you need to switch jobs.

She did a lousy job of customer service and the OP complained about it based on the view of the OP. Seems fair to me. Anything else is unknown and speculation. We don't even know that the OP was mad. And chances are she doesn't even know he complained.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-28-14 02:46 PM
    I don't care about the definitions around EOL it doesn't really matter. A good sales person knows that communication is two parts. What you say and how it is interpreted. If you stop caring about interpretation you need to switch jobs.

She did a lousy job of customer service and the OP complained about it based on the view of the OP. Seems fair to me. Anything else is unknown and speculation. We don't even know that the OP was mad. And chances are she doesn't even know he complained.

Posted via CB from my LE
    She told me that it was End-Of-Life and not very good. My blood boiled and I just told her it was the best phone and walked away. They were very busy and I didn't have time to wait around just to set her straight.
    He said his blood boiled said it was the best phone and walked away, that sounds mad to me. As for speculation, everything said thus far was pretty much speculation.

03-28-14 03:33 PM
    He said his blood boiled said it was the best phone and walked away, that sounds mad to me. As for speculation, everything said thus far was pretty much speculation.

Good point

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-28-14 04:00 PM
    I think this thread has run its course.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd and leehardballer12 like this.
    03-28-14 07:03 PM
    I think this thread has run its course.

Posted via CB10
    So says the butterfly with beady red eyes!

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-28-14 09:52 PM
    So says the butterfly with beady red eyes!

Posted via CB from my LE
    Hey, don't diss Butterfree!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:51 PM
    Apples to Oranges comparison! Their primary purpose for being there is to sell a plan. The phone is "oh, by the way." Might that be what some folks are missing? If you want to run a cellular service selling phones as your primary objective, have at it. The field is wide open here in the states.

Posted via CB 10 with Z30 on AT&T
    I think this ad from Verizon is a good example of this. At Costco the other day I saw that you could get the Z10 for free with a credit on top of that. I figured it's just an old model and they want to clear them out. Then I saw a similar offer for Galaxy S4, Get 4 Free and $200 on top of that. So they are paying you to take the phones. These are current new models too.Complained to FCC about Z30 Lie from Sales Girl-verizon-gs4-pay-you-buy.jpg
    03-29-14 03:08 PM
    ....Making false statements that directly impact the revenue or sales of another business is not legal.
    BS! It's called "marketing"

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 05:08 PM
    Someone losing there job while sad is of no concern to me at all.
    If your job is to sell customers phones you better know your ****...it's what your being paid to do. It's no different than going to a restaurant and ordering the eggplant parmesano to have the waitress tell you they are out of eggplants because she didn't bother to check with the chef and just made something up to have you order something else.

Now what would be interesting is if BlackBerry users/fans could record some of these conversations where sales reps claim BlackBerry is out of business and send them to BlackBerry. One or two reps is one thing but if you've got hundreds at several major carriers then there is cause for concern especially on BlackBerry front because that could be considered collusion on their part to force BlackBerry out not that they haven't screwed up themselves...Ok tin foil hat off.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 05:22 PM
    BS! It's called "marketing"

Posted via CB10
    It's not marketing when you are contractually bound to carry that brands products.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 05:23 PM
    Thank you, OP.

Sales representatives are certainly allowed not to like BlackBerry. Heck, they can like whatever they want! But don't spread lies, false information, or biased remarks about it. If you don't like it, don't push your opinions on customers. Let them buy what they want, even if you don't like it, or let them at least make up their own minds about the product.

Posted via CB10
    Butterfreee!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-29-14 05:28 PM
314 ... 910111213