This one time, while trying to buy some Adidas shoes, a salesperson had the audacity to diss my choice while "forcing" me to get Diadoras. I called NATO on those fools.

No one -- and I mean NO ONE -- talks shade about my Adidas shoes.
    MikeLip and AYC2112 like this.
    03-24-14 01:04 PM
    Do your job or you get fired. Regardless if you work for a large multi-national corporation or a small mom-and-pop shop.

What is it about some people that don't understand consequences? You do your job, you do it right, or you get fired. I don't care if it's a starter level, corporate CEO, Government employee, the Archdiocese. Do it right, or Buh-Bye.

Pretty simple concept really.
    You can say the same about BlackBerry, right? If they had done their job correctly, released BB10 much earlier, and maintained their position in the market, then they would still have carrier support.

Would you agree with that?

BlackBerry needs to "do it right" wrt marketing, carrier relations, etc or it's "Buh-Bye"

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 03-24-14 at 01:23 PM.
    03-24-14 01:11 PM
    I am going to take the unpopular stance too. I understand sales people regurgitate BlackBerry premature demise, but to complaining about her can have her end up with her on her *** because you felt mad. Now she's jobless because you got mad she said your favorite company is out of business. You have to be aware that BlackBerry is severely unpopular with average consumers. For them to say they are going out if business isn't too far fetched from their point of view. T-Mobile stop selling BlackBerry devices for a while, Verizon was the only carrier to get the Z30 and even then its hard to find one in store, and add on the stigma that blackberry's don't have the latest apps (which they don't natively) and you get a lot of people saying they are going out of business.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Good hope she gets reprimanded. Maybe people will start to take their jobs more seriously. Its their JOB to know what is going on in the mobile market. Not to mention the Z30 is one of their own products. Same as walking into a car dealership and the salesperson not having a clue about their own vehicle on the lot.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 01:13 PM
    I am going to take the unpopular stance too. I understand sales people regurgitate BlackBerry premature demise, but to complaining about her can have her end up with her on her *** because you felt mad. Now she's jobless because you got mad she said your favorite company is out of business. You have to be aware that BlackBerry is severely unpopular with average consumers. For them to say they are going out if business isn't too far fetched from their point of view. T-Mobile stop selling BlackBerry devices for a while, Verizon was the only carrier to get the Z30 and even then its hard to find one in store, and add on the stigma that blackberry's don't have the latest apps (which they don't natively) and you get a lot of people saying they are going out of business.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    i would say its unfortunate if she loses her job, but i highly doubt she will... but at the same time it is her and her employers RESPONSIBILITY to be informed and to inform customers.... it shows poor business when employees are not trained properly and are left to rumour and speculation as there education... if her employer had taken the time to educate them on the phones they have and sell we wouldn't be having this conversation....i am tired of hearing about poorly informed sales clerks...when i worked in retail i was told i had to keep up on the news things to help customers...but if i didn't know to say i don't know sorry...
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    03-24-14 01:38 PM
    Whatever happened to the guy who made a big deal here on CrackBerry that he was hired by Verizon to specifically market BB10 products?

End Of Life is not a term about BlackBerry it's about the device. What that generally means is that Verizon will limit the store to stock on hand and not replace it once sold. Stores who still have stock on hand will sell, or you can have it delivered.

I believe this is what is happening to the Z30. When I went to buy one last month (Feb 27) I could not find one at a store within 50 miles of my home, but I was able to have it shipped to me. I've seen that story recanted here on CrackBerry enough times to think the sales girl might have actually been correct about the Z30.
    21stNow likes this.
    03-24-14 01:39 PM
    You can say the same about BlackBerry, right? If they had done their job correctly, released BB10 much earlier, and maintained their position in the market, then they would still have carrier support.

BlackBerry needs to "do it right" wrt marketing, carrier relations, etc or it's "Buh-Bye"

Who's to define a company's job? The board and shareholders that's who. Takes more than one person to run a multi national company and yes I believe the people that were responsible for the delays and terrible market were held accountable. As I recall Chen cleaned house and Bouben was one of them thankfully. Still doesn't give the right to mislead customers about one of YOUR own products.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 01:41 PM
    Good for you OP. Hopefully Vzn got the message. Either stop hiring these nitwits or control their retail messaging more effectively. Sadly these type of experiences aren't rare.
    03-24-14 01:51 PM
    Good hope she gets reprimanded. Maybe people will start to take their jobs more seriously. Its their JOB to know what is going on in the mobile market. Not to mention the Z30 is one of their own products. Same as walking into a car dealership and the salesperson not having a clue about their own vehicle on the lot.

Posted via CB10
    Apples to Oranges comparison! Their primary purpose for being there is to sell a plan. The phone is "oh, by the way." Might that be what some folks are missing? If you want to run a cellular service selling phones as your primary objective, have at it. The field is wide open here in the states.

Posted via CB 10 with Z30 on AT&T
    03-24-14 01:54 PM
    Who's to define a company's job? The board and shareholders that's who. Takes more than one person to run a multi national company and yes I believe the people that were responsible for the delays and terrible market were held accountable. As I recall Chen cleaned house and Bouben was one of them thankfully. Still doesn't give the right to mislead customers about one of YOUR own products.

Posted via CB10
    LOL.

So who has more culpability for BBRY's fortunes? The salesperson or BBRY?

I think BBRY knows the answer, which is why it is taking time to fix in-house problems versus calling the FCC on salespeople.
    03-24-14 01:56 PM
    Apples to Oranges comparison! Their primary purpose for being there is to sell a plan. The phone is "oh, by the way." Might that be what some folks are missing? If you want to run a cellular service selling phones as your primary objective, have at it. The field is wide open here in the states.

Exactly.

To be fair, on CB, salespeople have been the official BBRY boogeyman for a LONG time. It's quite funny. Get the pitchforks!
    03-24-14 01:59 PM
    Im going to say something here its almost related.
    Windows XP as of this year MS will be no longer support, so please upgrade to another Windows 7.
    Your computer will stop working , you will loose all files,picture and data and fall from the sky and at the extreme will cause fire.
    03-24-14 02:13 PM
    This one time, while trying to buy some Adidas shoes, a salesperson had the audacity to diss my choice while "forcing" me to get Diadoras. I called NATO on those fools.

No one -- and I mean NO ONE -- talks shade about my Adidas shoes.
    Best post today
    AYC2112 likes this.
    03-24-14 02:13 PM
    If she had answered me different, like "they don't sell well" or "sorry, we don't have room to carry every possible phone" or something like that, I wouldn't have cared so much. Then I might have mentioned the new update and how much better the new 10.2.1 OS is.

I didn't even take down her name to punish her directly. My point was that some education or training needs to happen when a phone is so highly rated, yet not available to see.

I was just thinking of how I could get someone to notice and respond and because the FCC regulates cell phone companies, thought I would try that. I've also registered formal complaints about slow OS updates every time I've been on the phone with Verizon Customer Service. I hadn't thought of the FTC.
    TrueKulcha and extisis like this.
    03-24-14 02:23 PM
    LOL.

So who has more culpability for BBRY's fortunes? The salesperson or BBRY?

I think BBRY knows the answer, which is why it is taking time to fix in-house problems versus calling the FCC on salespeople.
    At the end of the day it's still one of Verizon's products.

I'm sorry but "oh by the way" is a terrible excuse for sales AND service provider. They are also 100% responsible for support of the product. Not just BlackBerry either. They should know the ins and outs of the entire mobile market.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha and extisis like this.
    03-24-14 02:33 PM
    Let's be realistic here, most of these sales agents (NOT ALL) are young, have little sales training/experience and frankly just want make a quick buck. Frankly, can't say I blame them and I'd likely do some of the same. At least in my case I'd be thinking of moving up and onward eventually.

It's actually quite difficult to compare this industry to something. No disrespect, but McDonalds is not a fair comparison. Firstly it's a very quick low cost one time sale and secondly there's no commitment required since its an eat now food product. No contract or long term buy-in required. To me, a better comparison would be to liking a music band and having to buy or not to buy their records (mp3 tracks) !! Again, this is my opinion, not trying to force it down anyone's throat.

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Z10 (STL100-3) 10.2.1.2228 on AT&T
    Precisely why my follow up post specifically states "You do your job, you do it right, or you get fired. I don't care if it's a starter level, corporate CEO, Government employee, the Archdiocese. Do it right, or Buh-Bye." McJob vs Cell phone sales = a job. A job has requirements, and if they are not met you get the heave-ho.

It would be more akin to me walking into a McDonalds, asking for directions to KFC, and the cashier telling me KFC is going under and all their food has listeria. It is a straight up falsehood. Maybe they heard this from a friend, doesn't matter. Without a clarifying statement of "I heard from a friend", there is a liability issue.
    03-24-14 02:35 PM
    Excellent job op. I hope that twit ends up out on her *** without a job. Why should BlackBerry employees lose jobs while lying Verizon sales people get to keep their jobs?
    TrueKulcha and acovey like this.
    03-24-14 02:35 PM
    As much people like to go on and on about the biases of these companies, the fact still remains....many people just aren't interested in BB10 for whatever reason that may be. Most consumers don't frequent tech forms or blogs. They see what other family and friends have and if the person really likes their phone, then they will try it too. Word of mouth has always been the way many people purchase various services and items. Within my circle of friends, family, and colleagues, none of them are even aware that BlackBerry has a completely new OS or devices, and many of them are old BlackBerry users.

The fact is that waiting a year to put out BB10, which was half baked when it came out, hurt BlackBerry significantly. In the mobile industry you just can't not put out something for a whole year....you will be easily forgotten. Additionally, just months ago there was talk about BlackBerry being sold, well people and companies have the right to be concerned. Also, when it has been reiterated several times by BlackBerry CEO that they will be focusing on the enterprise market, well what are people supposed to think exactly.

Blackberry marketing has been nearly nonexistent, another reason why people don't know they are still around. People aren't sheep because they choose something that their friends or family like to use. It is BlackBerry job to improve their image and market their products. Why haven't we seen any new advertisements about the latest update and the great features it brings. The update literally makes the device feel like a new phone!

I am rooting for BlackBerry and hope that they can turn it around. They have a huge mountain to climb, because their competition continues to push and create new things. I want them around because consumers need options and choices.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-24-14 02:37 PM
    ...And while I'm not really excusing the sales girl, I am definitely not advocating the loss of her job over the fact that she is ignorant of a device her store may not even stock...why should she be singled out?

And the OP seemed rather excited by the idea of putting some kid out of work for a principle, an attitude I find repellant.
    1. No excuses - providing false or misleading statements is illegal.
    2. Why should she be singled out? She is providing false or misleading statements, which is illegal. Therefore she is not fulfilling the requirements of her job.
    3. OP did not seem excited about getting somebody laid off. In my opinion, you are projecting an assumption.
    03-24-14 02:44 PM

Agree whole-heartedly, which is why the company is in the position it's in and required the bailout. They are now trying to fix the problems, from what they tell us. I take it all with a grain of salt. They are making moves, but whether they will bear fruit is a different story.
    03-24-14 02:47 PM
    OP, according to what you wrote in your first post the rep never said that BlackBerry was going out of business. The rep said that the Z30 is end-of-life, which means that they won't stock it anymore. If the rep said this, I doubt that this was a lie. Most kiosks don't stock the same number of phones that stores do due to obvious space limitations. Also, this sounds like an authorized retailer. They usually don't stock the same phones that corporate-owned retail stores do.

you guys have to understand that most likely to the people in the U.S. are what you would call Highly suggestable. They grew up watching 6 to 7 hours of television a day. Studies show that if you do watch that much television, you don't have the ability to really think for yourself. So, lighten up on them, they are brain damaged.
    If you want to stereotype over 300 million people with one "scientific" study, please put the capital letters in the correct place when doing so.
    TrueKulcha, mspace81, TGR1 and 2 others like this.
    03-24-14 03:20 PM
    I had just the same experience over here in the UK at Carphone Warehouse. I spent half an hour arguing with the salesman, but he basically didn't care. As far as he was concerned it was Apple or Samsung all the way, and that Blackberry were DOA.

I went ahead and ordered a brand new unlocked Z30 from eBay and have to say it is - by a long way - the best phone I have ever had.
    Well done from a fellow yorkie bar.
    03-24-14 03:22 PM
    nice job OP, glad Verizon also picked up their end
    03-24-14 04:11 PM
    I am seriously concerned how hurt some of you act when it :

A.) Was said the device is EOL

B.) Was concerning a female sales person and YOU have the audacity to clamor and call for her to get fired.

C.) Is the most pettiest thing EVER to get mad over I have heard of so far in 2014.

I think not only some are just reaching but really need to re-evaluate whats the problem here. I honestly think you guys need to relax.
    MikeLip and TGR1 like this.
    03-24-14 04:19 PM
    Guys, clue; it's a PHONE. It matters about as much in the scheme of things as the tablespoon in your kitchen utensil drawer, and cares about you exactly the same way - not at all. Where does this obsession to defend a brand come from, anyway? I'm reminded of my objections to the Z10 when it came out - it crashed constantly and when I said something about it it turned into a freaking witch hunt. And it didn't matter how many others had the same problem - we were all liars or mistaken. Even when Verizon fessed up they still didn't believe it. That same type of insanity is being displayed here. This kid says something which in incorrect and which perhaps reflects badly on BB (intentionally or not) and she's a criminal. Good lord, people. Get a grip.
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-24-14 04:31 PM
    Man, some people need to sit back and relax.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-24-14 04:36 PM
314 12345 ...