Good to see that the media conspiracy theories are still running rampant.
    Too little too late is idiotic? More like accurate. Even if it doesn't suit your agenda.
    It may be true, but there's no reason to put that in a phone review. "Too little, too late" is about the company, not the phone, and as far as I'm concerned, reviewers should totally ignore that side of things because it has no bearing whatsoever on the quality of the phone.

The reviewer said that he's a fan on BlackBerry, and the paper reflects that. But the star-rating and the conclusion attached to it totally counter the writeup below it.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-03-13 07:49 AM
    It may be true, but there's no reason to put that in a phone review. "Too little, too late" is about the company, not the phone, and as far as I'm concerned, reviewers should totally ignore that side of things because it has no bearing whatsoever on the quality of the phone.

The reviewer said that he's a fan on BlackBerry, and the paper reflects that. But the star-rating and the conclusion attached to it totally counter the writeup below it.

I agree that tech reviews aren't fair. The reviews should be more ab out what the device does for the user and less about the competitive landscape. That being said it's hard to review and reccomend these BB10 devices to anyone who isn't interested in the software (which is most of the public). Blackberry simply can't compete on price and specs with such little demand for bb10 devices. And even if it has an excellent OS, most users will want the eye candy and bragging rights of android and ios flagship models. So yes I can understand why a reviewer can give generally positive comments to a device and give it a low scrore.

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    11-03-13 08:52 AM
    Over all the review wasnt totally bad, he just could have done a bit more research into things like sideloading and not make it so obvious he a android fan. none the less i posted my user review on there to help out on the ratings. couldnt even list everything i like about the phone without making it sound like a huge ramble, tho it already is pretty much lol
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-03-13 09:13 AM

What if the lack of apps, lack of an ecosystem (things that result from being too little, too late) was a deal-breaker for him? While most things might be great about the Z30, the bad things might be so bad that it brings the entire experience down to a 3-star rating.

A car can have the most luxurious interior, best gas mileage, and at an affordable price but if it breaks down every 100 miles, a reviewer may rave about all the great things about the car but in the end it would maybe get a 2-rating.
    11-03-13 09:28 AM
    After you read the review read the comments posted by readers. Most are extremely positive about the Z30 (and the Z10). Anyone who has actually USED one of them will instantly recognize them to be the best smartphone out there! Most of the people I see using Samsung or iPhones are young kids riding public transit playing video games - just like there are more Chevys and Fords out there than there are Mercedes and BMWs, the masses will go to the cheapest and trendiest phones - and the U.S. (and Canadian) media will slag Blackberry!
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-03-13 09:40 AM
    After you read the review read the comments posted by readers. Most are extremely positive about the Z30 (and the Z10). Anyone who has actually USED one of them will instantly recognize them to be the best smartphone out there! Most of the people I see using Samsung or iPhones are young kids riding public transit playing video games - just like there are more Chevys and Fords out there than there are Mercedes and BMWs, the masses will go to the cheapest and trendiest phones - and the U.S. (and Canadian) media will slag Blackberry!
    I live in NYC and not 1 of my friends / coworkers / or family has a blackberry device. I'm 35 years old. Its time to stop crying conspirasy and saying those phones are toys...it might not be fair but it's true. I love my bb10 phone but BlackBerry is the nitch now. Its silly to deny what's plain in front of you

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-03-13 10:27 AM
    What if the lack of apps, lack of an ecosystem (things that result from being too little, too late) was a deal-breaker for him? While most things might be great about the Z30, the bad things might be so bad that it brings the entire experience down to a 3-star rating.

A car can have the most luxurious interior, best gas mileage, and at an affordable price but if it breaks down every 100 miles, a reviewer may rave about all the great things about the car but in the end it would maybe get a 2-rating.
    Then the reviewer should say that it has a smaller number of applications than competitors, not "too little, too late". That phrase could have any number of meanings.

11-03-13 11:24 AM
    Me too.
    I never wanted to fall so low to test milliseconds between phones, but having a couple of devices in my possession I decided to run a quick test.
    I have borrowed a Samsung S4 and Nexus 4 and my personal device is Z10.
    I opened Browser (with google home page), Facebook, and LinkedIn (didn't want to install anything extra).

Browser - Chrome on N4 at 1 second, Z10 and S4 at about 1.5 seconds. The S4 pages loading speed was significantly slower than N4 and Z10 which was a tie.
    FB - Z10 shows loading circle the first in about 1 second, N4 about 2.5 seconds closely followed by S4.
    LI - slow in general, S4 about 3.5 seconds, Z10 and N4 a tie around 4 seconds

In all tests, Z10 was displaying application loading image almost instantly, android devices lagged by a half second.
    I can't see where Z10 is worse than droids and expect Z30 to be not slower.

Bottom line, if you want or paid to complain about slow app start up times - its your right.
    But don't expect everybody to follow.

But here's the funny part I found about the browser.
    As expected, it showed more ads than BB10 (as android is subsidized).
    I understand the value of ads and agree that Google needs to be paid back for the great search engine support.
    But I didn't expect them to value android more than the search engine!
    I noticed that on some searches droids showed 3 times more ads than BB!
    Attachment 216849
    Attachment 216850
    Attachment 216853

Oh well, everybody has their own stream of revenue.
    Awesome you were able to do aside by side. Thanks for taking the time and thanks for sharing.

Posted via Jiggy's Z10
    11-03-13 11:54 AM
    vrud I used your hard work as an example on the comments of the CNET article. I hope you don't mind.
    11-03-13 07:26 PM
    I pick up my Z30 tomorrow. I've seen lots of reviews on the camera and how bad it is. I can't imagine it's worse than my 9810 and I'm happy with the quality of that for snapping pics to post on Facebook etc. So have they taken a step back or is it just not as good as the S4 or 5s?
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-03-13 10:18 PM
    Cnet isn't taken seriously anymore because of their loyalty to apple all the time.

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-03-13 10:21 PM
    I pick up my Z30 tomorrow. I've seen lots of reviews on the camera and how bad it is. I can't imagine it's worse than my 9810 and I'm happy with the quality of that for snapping pics to post on Facebook etc. So have they taken a step back or is it just not as good as the S4 or 5s?
    I enjoy the camera and the pictures I take on my Z10. I have had many folks compliment them as well. Definitely not a step back. I find that making sure you utilize the different modes and flash only when appropriate helps. Takes a little thought prior to just shooting the photo.

Posted via Jiggy's Z10
    Last edited by Jiggy1971; 11-04-13 at 04:26 PM.
    11-04-13 10:58 AM
    The Z30 doesn't fair well against other 5in phones. Many of the other smartphone manufacturers have raised the standard of: 4 core CPU; 4 core GPU; 1080p display; moderate to good battery life; Apps.

I have a Z10 and the few things that peeked my interest that the Z30 featured were: 5in display; AMOLED; Natural Sound.

However, the Z30 replaced the rubber backing found on the Z10 - which I think every product should have (ie. Parrot Zuk trackpad).

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:44 AM
    The reviewer prefers antiquated platforms

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:53 AM
    As opposed to ones that no one is using?
    11-05-13 05:12 AM
    I do wonder, when Apple brought back Jobs and he announced Apple is going to make mobile phones, how many thought or even said, it's too little, too late. It's a shame he didn't listen.
    11-05-13 06:41 AM
    Does it really matter? He brought the company back.
    Let's see what happens with BlackBerry. Different companies, different times, different market, different leaders.
    11-05-13 06:47 AM
    It says "average user rating 3/5" but it shows only 4 reviews and all 5 stars -___- wtf are they playing at here

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    11-05-13 07:29 AM
    I am a huge BB10 fan and love my Z10...but I think the review is spot on...especially the "bottom line" he knocked it hard for the camera which is a little harsh, and 10.2 is a much improvement to 10.1 but still all true.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:42 AM
    11-05-13 09:38 AM
    +1

Much more unbiased review. Thanks for the link.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:53 AM
    Ignore CNET!!!!! Don't even read

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-05-13 09:59 AM
    LOL... again, if you like a device, who cares what others think?

C'mon. Y'all spend way too much time reviewing reviews.
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-05-13 10:22 AM
    LOL... again, if you like a device, who cares what others think?

C'mon. Y'all spend way too much time reviewing reviews.
    Idc about reviews honestly, but did you see the user reviews? It says 4 reviewers gave it 5 stars but the average rating was 3/5 wtf???

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    11-05-13 11:13 AM
49 12