I'm on 10.2.1.2102. Is anyone having charging issues. The phone does not seen to recognize that the charger gets plugged into it. However if I turn off the phone and turn it back on or restart the phone then it will recognize the charger. Anyone experiencing this? I'm on VZ Z30. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 05:54 PM
    I fixed your typo in the title ("changing" to "charging").

And FTR, I didn't experience that myself on either of my 2 devices.
    03-16-14 06:17 PM
    I'm on 10.2.1.2102. Is anyone having charging issues. The phone does not seen to recognize that the charger gets plugged into it. However if I turn off the phone and turn it back on or restart the phone then it will recognize the charger. Anyone experiencing this? I'm on VZ Z30. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Are you using the charger that comes with the phone and are you plugging into the wall.

Posted on my Z30 with the newest leak
    03-16-14 08:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm also on 10.2.2102 and am experiencing the same issue. I've tried 3 different cables, 3 different BB power plugs, and 3 different power sources. The phone can't seem to realize that its plugged in. In another thread someones solution was to hold the power up and power down buttons simultaneously until the phone hard reboots. This worked for the user of the other thread but does not seem to be working for me.

The strange thing is that most of the time the phone won't charge, although if the battery runs right down it will run through the boot process a number of times as long as it's plugged in, until it can complete it with enough power to stay on. From there the phone won't charge any further. I managed to get my phone to charge to 30% earlier today, but since unplugging it I haven't been able to get it charging again now that I'm home from work.

This issue started two nights ago for me. I've barely been able to get a charge going.
    03-16-14 08:56 PM
    Thanks all for your responses. Apologies for the delay in my response. I did update to the t-mobile 2156 OS today (deleted t-mobile specific bars and swapped the suggested VZ radio file for the T mobile radio). So far the phone seems to recognize the charger better. Not sure if it was a bad OS previously or if there actually is a hardware issue but right now working better - fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 03:44 PM
    Thanks all for your responses. Apologies for the delay in my response. I did update to the t-mobile 2156 OS today (deleted t-mobile specific bars and swapped the suggested VZ radio file for the T mobile radio). So far the phone seems to recognize the charger better. Not sure if it was a bad OS previously or if there actually is a hardware issue but right now working better - fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    I'll try updating soon, or even just reflashing the current OS. I updated from the leaked 10.2.1.1055 so perhaps its something funny with updating from the leak.

At the moment though I don't have time to do the update, looks like I'll need to have a charger handy for the short term.
    03-17-14 09:15 PM
    My solution so far seems to be if I hold both volume up and down until the phone restarts, and continue holding for 5-10 more seconds before releasing then the phone will charge properly. Kind of a pain to be doing regularly.

So hold the buttons till the screen goes black. Then continue holding 5-10 more seconds and release, then the red LED will come on and the phone will start rebooting and charges normally until unplugged again.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:24 PM