Looking for some help here, my wife's Z30 is acting up on her. When she receives text message from my sister in law, and only her, they do not show up as new massages in the Hub. When she searches her contact she can open the chat and all the massages are there but when new ones come in it doesn't notify or put the chat at the top of the hub.
    Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:57 PM
    Shot in the dark: Is it possible she is not seeing her entire Hub? The Hub can be filtered by pinching it, and you can choose what you want to see, and what to filter out. Perhaps she inadvertently pinched the screen and blocked some items there without realizing it. Try zooming out by expanding 2 fingers over the screen in opposite corners (unpinching, if you will). Do the missing items come into view?
    To configure what the Hub does when pinched, go to the Hub's Settings in the overflow menu, bottom, right corner, and then choose "Display and Actions", then "Pinch Filter Criteria". Whatever that is set to will be the only thing that displays if the Hub screen gets pinched. Everything else will be hidden.

If that's not the issue, perhaps a little more info would help, such as which OS is her phone running, have you tried a hard restart, or have you tried re-installing the OS?

Looking for some help here, my wife's Z30 is acting up on her. When she receives text message from my sister in law, and only her, they do not show up as new massages in the Hub. When she searches her contact she can open the chat and all the massages are there but when new ones come in it doesn't notify or put the chat at the top of the hub.
    Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 01:36 PM
    Yeah it's not the pinch thing. She tried a restart, hold volume buttons. OS 10.3.2.2168.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 02:12 PM
    Maybe your wife has accidentally blocked her?
    1. In the Hub, tap the three dots, lower right, choose Settings.
    2. Tap Recent Contact Management and tap the icon that is the persons silhouette at the bottom of the screen that has the circle with a line through it AKA Blocked Contacts.
    3. See if the sister-in-law is on that list.
    4. If so, tap Remove Blocked Contacts.
    09-04-15 02:43 PM
    Check the blocked list, btw didn't know about that and that's a cool feature, but the list was empty. Any more ideas why the sister in law won't trigger a notification?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 04:00 PM
    Check the blocked list, btw didn't know about that and that's a cool feature, but the list was empty. Any more ideas why the sister in law won't trigger a notification?

Posted via CB10
    Last thing that I know to check:
    Settings/Notifications/Contact Notifications and see if she is in there.
    If that isn't the source of the issue, then check to see if she has a third party app that may be overriding the notifications down to a contact level.

Aaaand pretty much that is all I got for advice.........

Maybe its an "In-law" curse >.<

09-04-15 05:44 PM
    Check her contacts and make sure there is no duplicates of her number under different name ie Sister and one called Sister mobile but both have same number

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 05:58 PM
    Also, open the sister-in-law's contact info, and choose Edit. then scroll down to "Ringtone and Notifications" and see if sounds are turned off, or there is something set there which would mute Notifications from her.
    09-04-15 10:06 PM
    Thanks fellas but still no fix. She has discovered that more contacts notification are not showing up either. Security wipe the next move?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 02:29 PM
    My daughter actually deleted something - she doesn't know what, but after that, texts from her best friend are not appearing. I deleted the contact, reloaded the contact, checked the blocked contacts, and no luck.... only when she starts composing a text to her does she see the whole text conversation. I am going to keep trying and let you know if I find anything.
    09-05-15 08:56 PM
    Hate to say it but yes, I'd do a security wipe & reinstall the OS. Before you do, use a 3rd party app to back up your contacts, SMS, documents, etc. so that you can restore them later.
    I use Ultimate Backup but there are many listed in BBW as well.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out!

Thanks fellas but still no fix. She has discovered that more contacts notification are not showing up either. Security wipe the next move?

Posted via CB10
    Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2339, Radio .2340
    09-06-15 01:34 AM
    Security wipe fixed the issue. Thanks for the help fellas.

Posted via CB10
    FF22, Ragbert and DaFoxGrey like this.
    09-11-15 10:31 PM
    Fantastic! Glad it worked for you. :-)

Security wipe fixed the issue. Thanks for the help fellas.
    09-14-15 08:29 PM