How, exactly, are you loading APKs onto your phone? I mean, I used Snap and I haven't had an issue yet (aside from the expected abysmally slow running time). I've noticed that a few of the loaded Android apps I've gotten thus far have opened really slowly...I install...open...go and refill my coffee...come back and the app is just running up. I'm expecting some long delays while my Z10 becomes adjusted to the new OS update and foreign apps infecting it but it's a bit soon to comment on how well it's going.
    A little time, a little patience...I'll revisit this thread if I have any real issues in the next few days.
    In terms of what I tried directly loading, it was the Amazon App store and the 1Mobile app store. Neither worked until I reinstalled the Android runtimes I had mentioned earlier.

I was downloading the APKs directly and trying to use the integrated APK install function.
    01-28-14 06:11 PM
    I'm using snap. I've done the exact set up as I did on my Z10 and it's working fine on the Z10. My Z30 has had no leaks what so ever that's why I waited for the official. I'm sorry this is not right. I'm wondering what is causing this.

Posted Via my Z30
    01-28-14 06:19 PM
    When moving from 10.2 to 10.2.1, I experienced the same thing, and finally determined through a lot of trial and error that the problem in my case was from restoring the application data from the backup. You may experience that you cannot install apk's or that the runtime is non-functional. I had to to restore only settings and media, and only then did everything become functional.

Granted, mine was not an OTA update, so your experience and process to fix this may vary. I would personally start by reloading the runtime (several reloads are suggested by some), and if that doesn't work, try doing a full backup on Link, security wipe your phone and see if the installer and runtime work, then restore settings and media separately, checking that everything is still working after each step.

http://www.petitions24.com/attz30 Let's get the Z30 on AT&T!
    [/QUOTE]

If the process above hasn't worked for you, wiping isn't enough to reset it. Reinstall full os after full backup, and follow instructions above.

You can find the android runtime here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...-files-887591/

http://www.petitions24.com/attz30 Let's get the Z30 on AT&T! [/QUOTE]
    arminkr likes this.
    01-28-14 06:28 PM
    Same here. Now I feel disappointed with BlackBerry

Sent via my Oreo Z10 BBM Channel C001BC43C
    01-28-14 06:50 PM
    Well it works fine for me and many others. I wish I knew what the problem could be so I could help y'all.
    01-28-14 07:01 PM
    Well loading the other runtimes seemed to help!! I still think thats otter BS!! especially coming from a stock device not running any leaks!!
    01-28-14 07:50 PM
    Well loading the other runtimes seemed to help!! I still think thats otter BS!! especially coming from a stock device not running any leaks!!
    I am glad it worked in the end

Suffice to say, I am unsure what is occurring during the update, but something obviously is happening where some devices are not receiving the correct runtime files. As to why, I have no idea.
    Hup55 likes this.
    01-28-14 08:11 PM
    I am glad it worked in the end

Suffice to say, I am unsure what is occurring during the update, but something obviously is happening where some devices are not receiving the correct runtime files. As to why, I have no idea.
    Yes for sure smitty. Thanks for all the input. Very annoying to say the least. I wasted the entire day on this! Not impressed with BlackBerry right now. Funny how I ran the leak on the Z10 worked flawless. Waited for the official for my Z30 and nothing but headaches. Go figure.

Posted Via my Z30
    Smitty13 likes this.
    01-28-14 08:25 PM
    What other runtimes?can you please tell me what you did exactly and did you the files from?
    I'm having your same issue and i was trying all day to get a fix on this

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:30 PM
    What other runtimes?can you please tell me what you did exactly and did you the files from?
    I'm having your same issue and i was trying all day to get a fix on this

Posted via CB10
    I downloaded the two runtime files from this thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9917699

I then downloaded the Sachesi tool and had hooked up my device to it. I then loaded the two files listed above onto my Z10 as it was missing the sys.android files.

Using Sachesi if you scan your device under the Install>Apps button, look for the sys.android runtime files on your phone currently; if there are any, delete them before loading the two new ones. If you are like me, none will actually exist under that boxed listing and you are free to go ahead and load the two files up without deleting anything.

Read on in that thread if you run into more trouble. There was a nice guide people wrote up but I couldn't see if in my quick browse, but I know it's there.
    01-28-14 11:58 PM
    I downloaded the two runtime files from this thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9917699

I then downloaded the Sachesi tool and had hooked up my device to it. I then loaded the two files listed above onto my Z10 as it was missing the sys.android files.

Using Sachesi if you scan your device under the Install>Apps button, look for the sys.android runtime files on your phone currently; if there are any, delete them before loading the two new ones. If you are like me, none will actually exist under that boxed listing and you are free to go ahead and load the two files up without deleting anything.

Read on in that thread if you run into more trouble. There was a nice guide people wrote up but I couldn't see if in my quick browse, but I know it's there.
    Thank you for your reply. Yes I did sideload them and everything worked great I used DDPB, then uninstalled previous android runtime then loaded the new ones, restarted phone and all worked out.

Thanks again man.

Posted via CB10
    Smitty13 likes this.
    01-29-14 12:38 AM
    Update
    Android run time in BlackBerry world

Mani bhinder
    01-29-14 12:46 AM
    Apparently for those of is that installed the unlocked android runtime in the past, this new 10.2.1 update deleted that runtime but did not install the new runtime. Took me a few mins to sideload the new Android runtime yesterday but now all is good. The forums are a fast place for information

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:29 AM
    I never installed any other run time on my Z30 or any of the leaks and this happened to me downloading the update OTA. Seems to be happening to more and more people. Glad they are looking into it. They are also asking for system logs to try and figure it out. I side loaded the android runtime last night so I can't participate. Should be interesting to see what is found.

Posted Via my Z30
    01-29-14 11:22 AM
39 12