I've tried installing apps that I had running before the update (using the .apk files this time) as well as new ones - like the Amazon Appstore. I can download the files no problem. When I go to file manager and select one I just get a "processing" message that never goes away. I've tried downloading the files to both my media card and the device itself. No luck either way. I've restarted my phone several times, just to make sure that wasn't the problem.
    01-28-14 10:35 AM
    Same here with 10.2.1.537 ..android apps worked perfectly before the update now they close instantly. Tried rebooting and re-downloading everything, but no luck. Anybody have a fix??
    01-28-14 10:44 AM
    Using the old Chrome sideload plugin, I can see that my sys.android and sys.android.shell version numbers look weird - 127.0.0.595. Shouldn't they be 10.2. something? I'm using an unlocked Z30 with a Wind SIM if that matters.
    01-28-14 11:10 AM
    I too am not able to download any Android apps?? I deleted and rebooted and still not working. I even noticed android apps from BB World that were on the phone before wont load either?? What gives?? I've even tried wiping my Z30 and starting from scratch still didn't fix?? Come on I can't believe more people aren't complaining??
    01-28-14 11:50 AM
    Try sideloading the runtime of the leak 1925

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 11:51 AM
    I'm going to just assume that you've already activated the ability via:

Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed (ON)
    01-28-14 11:54 AM

Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed (ON)
    Ohh boy do i feel foolish.....I think you're right. I completely forgot I did that when I loaded the leek on to my Z10! facepalm!! I just security wiped my Z30!
    01-28-14 12:04 PM
    Just to echo some sentiments here, I too am having big troubles installing any APK files directly.

To clarify, I have already done the following:
    • Completely uninstalled my old unlocked Android runtime and Android apps before applying the update.
    • Did a battery pull and reboot
    • Allowed installation of outside apps by going to: Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed (ON)
    • Ensured that the app was not previously installed in any way.
    • Downloaded the APK file both directly to my device and onto my media card, tried installing from both of them to no avail.

I have tried this with the Amazon App Store and others but they do not work and remain on the "Processing" screen indefinitely.

I know others are saying look to Snap, but that is completely counter intuitive as to why I waited to install the official update. I wished to not have to side load anything anymore.

See my signature for my OS and SR.
    01-28-14 12:16 PM
    Ok, thinking back now, I remembered that I had installed a leaked Android runtime. That crazy version number may have prevented the android files from being updated. I removed them, and tried the OS reload via the Link software. In a completely unsurprising twist, the operation gets to 97% of downloading the OS and then craps out. Thank you BlackBerry.
    01-28-14 12:19 PM
    Did it work when reloading the OS? after removing leaked android runtime
    01-28-14 01:03 PM
    I never managed to get the software reload to complete through Link. Since I had already backed up everything I tried the security wipe instead. When that was finally done my Z30 detected another system update, even though it claimed that it was already running 10.2.1.537. The update was only 116MB, as opposed to the first update I downloaded which had been close to 200MB. After doing that system update and restoring everything I was able to install Android apps directly from the .apk files.

EDIT - I didn't know about the App Manager setting, but in my case it didn't help when I did enable installation from other sources than the BB Store. Only going through the process I outlined above (and changing that App Manager setting again) got things working for me.
    Last edited by MrDioneo; 01-28-14 at 04:23 PM.
    01-28-14 02:39 PM
    When moving from 10.2 to 10.2.1, I experienced the same thing, and finally determined through a lot of trial and error that the problem in my case was from restoring the application data from the backup. You may experience that you cannot install apk's or that the runtime is non-functional. I had to to restore only settings and media, and only then did everything become functional.

Granted, mine was not an OTA update, so your experience and process to fix this may vary. I would personally start by reloading the runtime (several reloads are suggested by some), and if that doesn't work, try doing a full backup on Link, security wipe your phone and see if the installer and runtime work, then restore settings and media separately, checking that everything is still working after each step.

http://www.petitions24.com/attz30 Let's get the Z30 on AT&T! [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Lawrence Steinbach; 01-28-14 at 03:17 PM.
    01-28-14 03:04 PM
    OK I've spent the entire day wiping and doing a full clean install. Then trying loading a back up file still won't work? What I don't get is that it worked running the leak on my Z10. Why is there only a handful of people having this issue I would have thought it's more wide spread. I grabbed the OTA update via Telus this morning.

Posted Via my Z30
    01-28-14 03:32 PM
    Not working for me either.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 03:47 PM
    If you have ANY android port already installed, run that before trying to install any new Android port. We noticed the runtime needs a kick in the rear to get initialized. That should set yas up and running.
    01-28-14 03:51 PM

This is probably what everyone has looked over. It's not on by default and it isn't mentioned anywhere that I've read as a requirement although it is. Try turning this on and then running the APK install again.
    01-28-14 03:59 PM
    I've done that it's still doesn't work!

Posted Via my Z30
    01-28-14 04:00 PM
    OK this is getting so frustrating. It won't even open up Android apps that were ported into BlackBerry World. Like the horoscope app. It just closes. Something is definitely wrong.

Posted Via my Z30
    01-28-14 04:09 PM
    I'm having the same issues. What method should work?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 04:14 PM
    No idea I've spent the entire day on this. Wiped the device twice. Tried reloading back up. Nothing gets it to work. The frustrating thing is its working amazing on my Z10 with the leak I loaded two weeks ago?

Posted Via my Z30
    01-28-14 04:15 PM
    Guys, you may want to give this thread a read: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-898016/

Had the exact same problems you guys did. I ran the unlocked .595 runtime and the OS updated seemed to break my Android functionality.

After downloading the Sachesi tool and then loading the provided links to the new Android runtimes, I was back up and running.
    Last edited by Smitty13; 01-28-14 at 11:53 PM.
    01-28-14 05:05 PM
    Guys, you may want to give this thread a read: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-898122/

Had the exact same problems you guys did. I ran the unlocked .595 runtime and the OS updated seemed to break my Android functionality.

After downloading the Sachesi tool and then loading the provided links to the new Android runtimes, I was back up and running.
    Sorry nothing new discussed in that thread other than the obvious. I don't care what anyone says this is a major issue. But what bothers me is why it's only happening to a small number and not the vast majority? There has to be a link of why?

Posted Via my Z30
    01-28-14 05:30 PM
    Curious did the leak have the latest android run time? If not where can I get them?

Posted Via my Z30
    01-28-14 05:32 PM
    No idea what the latest 10.2.1 leak had in terms of an Android runtime.

I must ask, did you ensure that you have both the android-10.2.1.108-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar and shell-10.2.1.108-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar loaded onto your phone? I had uninstalled my previous unlocked runtime and yet, I did not receive these runtime files upon the update and had to manually install them. Weirdly enough, I did not have a runtime file at all.

If you are looking for the latest runtimes that allow you to use the OS as promised, in the thread I had linked to you, they are linked there. Alternatively Sachesi can also fetch these download links (and files) for you.
    01-28-14 05:52 PM
    How, exactly, are you loading APKs onto your phone? I mean, I used Snap and I haven't had an issue yet (aside from the expected abysmally slow running time). I've noticed that a few of the loaded Android apps I've gotten thus far have opened really slowly...I install...open...go and refill my coffee...come back and the app is just running up. I'm expecting some long delays while my Z10 becomes adjusted to the new OS update and foreign apps infecting it but it's a bit soon to comment on how well it's going.
    A little time, a little patience...I'll revisit this thread if I have any real issues in the next few days.
    01-28-14 06:06 PM
39 12