According to the BlackBerry website ( Turn off the Lock Screen Preview feature - User Guide - BlackBerry Z30 Smartphone - 10.2 ), I should be able to disable the lock screen notifications.

When I follow the instructions and go to settings=>display, there is no lock screen notifications.

I did however find the lock screen notifications listed under settings=>notifications=>set your lock screen notifications but again, there is no option to turn it off. The only option on this page is to make them non-interactive.

I am on BlackBerry 10.2.1.2.102.

Could someone please assist?

Thank you
    04-25-14 08:13 PM
    Look in Settings...Security...lockscreen
    04-25-14 08:16 PM
    I did try that setting. The email and notification icons still show up on the lock screen. The only difference is that the icons are no longer interactive in that if you touch them, they don't provide a snippet of the notification or email.

I'd like to completely remove them from the lock screen and the documentation I referenced above seems to imply that it is possible to do that. Am I mistaken in my understanding?
    04-26-14 01:07 AM
    It's seems you want to remove notification icon from display totally (zero visualization at all). But it's impossible...bb os10 doesn't provide this feature.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 03:34 AM
    Go to hub > overflow > settings > display and actions > interactive lock screen notifications.

Try that.

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    04-26-14 03:38 AM
    @jafrul - I followed those instructions, but it leads back to the same spot where you can make the icons non-interactive, but you can't remove them.

@rams2kola If you can't remove the icons, is there any way to customize the lock screen so that perhaps email and next event does not show up on the lock?

Thank you
    04-26-14 08:54 AM
    No, there is no way to do that.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:16 AM
    What BlackBerry means by the preview is the little previews of the text, bbm or whatever. It will show the text icon and without unlocking your phone by default you can tap it then see a preview. That is what they are talking about. What you are turning on in the display is the message that pops up when you are in an app.

What I think you are looking for is found under privacy and security.

Privacy and security > lock screen > lock screen notifications.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:23 AM
    I think there has been a bit of confusion here. I found this image online. It's an example of what my lock screen looks like

http://macberry.de/wp-content/upload...ked-screen.jpg . You can see the icons on the left and the fact that it says team lunch in the center. This is what my Z30 looks like right now

I would like to get rid of all of this so that my lock screen simply shows nothing like this http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...ck-message.jpg

Thank you
    04-26-14 09:30 AM
    So you don't want any icons to show even if there is a message?

I'm not aware of this option. I think the screen shot of dj's screen is a screen with no messages and just the message he put there (which is an option).

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:09 AM
    @jafrul - I followed those instructions, but it leads back to the same spot where you can make the icons non-interactive, but you can't remove them.

@rams2kola If you can't remove the icons, is there any way to customize the lock screen so that perhaps email and next event does not show up on the lock?

Thank you
    The methods that I mentioned definitely make the icon uninteractive.
    But it doesn't show what the messages are.
    Which I think is OK if you doesn't want anybody to tap and see what the messages are.
    At least you still know that there is a message.
    I don't think you can stop the message icon to show in the lock screen.

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    04-26-14 09:52 PM