Today at work I downloaded 4 jpg photos from an aviation site to show a customer. After we were through I went to delete them from the device download album and received a notification " Item could not be deleted ".

I then went to my file manager, found the files there and attempted to delete from there, receiving another notification "No such file or directory ". The photos are definitely there and visible, as well as displaying properties and location.

I don't mind them staying on my phone but I'm bothered that they won't delete, possibly indicating another problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:36 PM
    Have you tried Rebooting and then tried again. Maybe it's like my Windows machine where if a file is open in another app (or it thinks it still is), the file can't be deleted. Maybe some BB process still have "possession" of them.

Try hooking up to computer and try that way?
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-21-15 09:12 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I did several restarts and two hard reboots initially, then would perform them after delete attempts through my file managers, still a no go.

What's bizarre is that while they still show up in my download album, when I tap on the thumbnail to open it, it opens for a second and then disappears. Another anomaly is that Ghost Commander no longer shows them but my native file manager does. Very odd. No other noted discrepancies are occurring.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:33 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I did several restarts and two hard reboots initially, then would perform them after delete attempts through my file managers, still a no go.

What's bizarre is that while they still show up in my download album, when I tap on the thumbnail to open it, it opens for a second and then disappears. Another anomaly is that Ghost Commander no longer shows them but my native file manager does. Very odd. No other noted discrepancies are occurring.

Posted via CB10
    Is this on an SD card? The cache could've gone nuts. It's already happened to me twice. If that's the case, you could try re-downloading the very same file with the very same name, under the very same directory, then reboot and delete.

Didn't help me the second time. I had to format the SD. You can't just simply delete the cache file, because it's stupidly inside the file system, with no write access.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-21-15 01:37 PM
    Unfortunately it's not on the SD card but thanks for the advice. I finally got them deleted by just deleting the album folder, after I moved the photos I wanted to keep of course. I'm still interested if this has happened to anyone else and what the solution was. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    02-22-15 12:26 AM
    I had something similar on my Z10. I downloaded a video file, later deleted it but the thumbnail still showed in the videos folder. Couldn't delete it, or play it. It was like the file was deleted, but a phantom thumbnail.
    Eventually got rid of it when I copied a new video file to the videos folder. The phantom thumbnail disappeared.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-22-15 01:32 PM
    That sounds exactly like what my experience was. I'll have to try that method if it happens again. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:18 PM
    How about Link? See if the you can find file using Link and one of options is to delete.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:56 PM