Enough negative speculation.
    We shall see soon.
    I mean, you'd think after the lack of MORE marketing for the z10 or q10 that BlackBerry would learn their lesson, right?
    It's not the specs, not the apps. Those could have been good vantage points, yes; but it doesn't change the fact that no one knows didly squat nip about BB10.
    BEST OF LUCK.

Posted via that z10!
    09-26-13 09:46 PM
    Why does eveyone keep harping on marketing? I can take a broken down car, market the heck out of it, and it's still a broken down car.

The marketplace at large simply (and correctly) does not believe Blackberry can put out anything that works intelligently. It took them roughly 16 months to make the Playbook work reasonably well. This should have allowed them to launch BB10 cleanly, but no... no. The Z10 was a decent enough piece of hardware, but the first bunch of itterations of BB10 were unfinished / unpolished / whatever. My favorite part is their most recent complete muff job of the BBM launch. I mean they want to woo new customers over and they completely take a dump in the bed on the BMM Adroid / iPhone launch.

I don't care what kind of marketing team you have but when you constantly and consistently screw things up, people won't pay up.
    This, no, just no.

Posted via that z10!
    09-26-13 09:48 PM
    I don't think the Z30 will "save" BlackBerry. I do think it will buy them a little more time to continue perfecting BB10. If they play their cards right, then after a while they may have an OS that has the major bugs & gripes worked out, has the features & apps that people want, and offers a compelling enough reason/experience for more people to switch.

If they survive to this point, they can then release that killer phone with the latest features that no one else has (eyeball scanning, laser beam shooting, turn your phone into a laptop thing-a-majig) and has the mature BB10 to support it.

If BlackBerry plays the cards right and makes it this far in the restructuring phase, then whatever device is released ( whether it's the Z50, Z70, or Z190) that has all of that mentioned above, will be the phone that saves BlackBerry.

Until then, I believe each device will be just buy them a little more time to grow and mature BB10. Not necessarily ground breaking devices, but quality BB10 phones that hopefully keep the current BB customers happy and maybe can draw in a few new ones too.

Just my 2 cents.

Leaked from my Z10's CB10 app, running off of 10.2.x.xxxx
    09-26-13 09:55 PM
    The best marketing is words of mouth...give people a premium product, people buy, people recommend it to friends, media get excited and report, and the music go on..give me people a so-so products, no body buy, you spend marketing that go down the toilet

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 10:35 PM
    Its not about the device, but more about trust on the Brand. I believe Blackberry by buying premium/overpriced and half baked bb10 at launching.
    Suffice it to say, the trust is gone now. I should be wise and remember that BlackBerry afterall a profit oriented company. And their customer is at the botton of the food chain.

However i raise my hat for BlackBerry developer that keep doing good job and upgrade OS and apps. And make my z10 worth to keep.

BlackBerry Developer, i heart you....

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 10:42 PM
    No piece of hardware will be able to save BB. For the average user on the high street it's all about the ecosystem, and now that Instagram have confirmed they have no interest in BBRY, then I'm afraid it's game over.

The may be able to survive in the corporate market, and us die-hards who don't mind sideloading will continue to use them. But in all honesty, in 5 years time I think us BBRY enthusiasts will all be using Jolla Sailfish...
    09-27-13 01:39 AM
    The Z30 will save BlackBerry just as the Z10 was supposed to
    09-27-13 02:11 AM
    The Z30 will save BlackBerry just as the Z10 was supposed to
    Just like Microsoft Surface 2 will save the microsoft from the original Surface 1 that no one bought.
    09-27-13 02:27 AM
    They should just use the money they have left and do a huge advertising campaign.
    Like really shove it in people's face.
    I'm thinking project a picture of the Z30 into the night sky in every city.
    Get celebrities endorsing it like crazy.
    "Amanda Bynes tweets from rehab with the Z30"
    "Miley breaks up with Liam in BBM message"
    "Kourtney finds raunchy messages on Lamar's Z10"
    Oooo and have Kanye interrupt a keynote!!

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    09-27-13 02:28 AM
    They should just use the money they have left and do a huge advertising campaign.
    Like really shove it in people's face.
    I'm thinking project a picture of the Z30 into the night sky in every city.
    Get celebrities endorsing it like crazy.
    "Amanda Bynes tweets from rehab with the Z30"
    "Miley breaks up with Liam in BBM message"
    "Kourtney finds raunchy messages on Lamar's Z10"

Posted via CB10
    It could be called Operation Trailer Park.
    09-27-13 03:02 AM
    The best marketing is words of mouth...give people a premium product, people buy, people recommend it to friends, media get excited and report, and the music go on..give me people a so-so products, no body buy, you spend marketing that go down the toilet

Posted via CB10
    Not in BlackBerry's case (though my BB10 obsession has led to 3 friends and my mom getting a Z10 or Q10).

They need some "big name apps" and then they need to beat people over the head with a marketing campaign that shows these apps and functionality of BlackBerry10 devices, showing that they can do things that iPhones/Androids can do, just better or more efficiently.

Apple seems way too proud of their iPhone5c being plastic. Why was there no BlackBerry commercial bragging about the stainless steel melting process of making the Q10's chassis? Or about the 2 years it took to make the carbon weave back? Or about the engineering it took to make the keyboard the best? No one other than us knows about that. Those are the kinds of facts that make a device seem special. BlackBerry should have made people think Samsung looks cheap by using mostly plastic in their flagship devices.

This kind of marketing can only be done by BlackBerry. Word of mouth only goes so far.
    Harpagid likes this.
    09-27-13 03:29 AM
    The only way to save BlackBerry is (after going private)
    1. Concentrate on government and businesses
    2. BBM cross-platform
    3. Market the hell out of it
    4. Pay big name app developers to make apps for BlackBerry 10.
    Probably others too but what do I know, I'm just a user

Probably changing management would be a good idea too.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 03:35 AM
    Actually, it boasts the screen size over the Z10 AND the iPhone 5S. But why does it need anything else? The Z10 is a better device than the iPhone and many other Android devices. There's no reason why the devices need any more specs. They're already the best. The device isn't just the hardware, it;'s the software too and how it manages that hardware.
    I have a Z 10 and I don't share that perception.

There is still a big room for improvements. Hardware and software.

Everything is relative to the competition. BlackBerry might have won some battles but they lost the war.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 03:44 AM
    There are still a number of legacy users that know nothing of the new OS. Bring full Bridge capability to both the Z10 & Z30 push the key features in commercials for both phones. Show you don't need to carry two phones around for work and play..... go get the user base back with features that work. the apps will never catch up so focus on what is needed and make it work and show the masses why they NEED the new phones. Cross platform chat and video....and so on. Launch with passion and a strong message.

Market with a personal message from Thor debunking what negative press is saying...no promises but a strong message about what these phones can do and keeping faith in the brand. Try to look and sound sincere in this message.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    That cracked me up. I can just imagine Kanye bum rushing the stage while Google is introducing the next Nexus, grabbing the mic and saying:
    Can the Z30 save BlackBerry?-41652874.jpg

I wonder how much Kanye would charge to do that.
    09-27-13 09:16 AM
65 123